Curious...

Pillsplease

Awards
Does Prednisone have any bodybuilding benefits? I have 29 tabs dosed at 10 mg each

rmgt27

Awards
I was prescribed that **** a few years ago, and it damn near killed me. Ankles swelled up, couldn't even walk without weakness, and extreme lethargy. I'm gonna go ahead and say, for me personally, it did not. Probably the exact opposite.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Does Prednisone have any bodybuilding benefits? I have 29 tabs dosed at 10 mg each
No it does not.

And I wouldn't take those, unless they were prescribed to you.
Because of their structure, they are easy to OD on, and do longterm damage to your body.

Reactions: Nac

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are not anabolic...no use whatsoever in training

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
prednisone is a CATABOLIC steroid.. not an anabolic steroid. They are used to stop growth, not induce it.
typically they would be prescribed after a surgery to keep scar tissue from building up around the wounds. This would be the nature of its use.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was prescribed that **** a few years ago, and it damn near killed me. Ankles swelled up, couldn't even walk without weakness, and extreme lethargy. I'm gonna go ahead and say, for me personally, it did not. Probably the exact opposite.
That's the funny thing with drugs, they all effect us differently. I have to take 5 mg daily and had to take up to 200 mg for a blast. I did not gain an ounce of water.

This is why people should use one individual compound or supplement (natural or not) before stacking it with anything else.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's the funny thing with drugs, they all effect us differently. I have to take 5 mg daily and had to take up to 200 mg for a blast. I did not gain an ounce of water.

This is why people should use one individual compound or supplement (natural or not) before stacking it with anything else.
Are you talking about Prednisone?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Every once in a while my dr gives me a week of predisone. A blast that decreases in a week. Helps my back...but holy hell is that stuff awful. I get sides worse than any AAS from that crap.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ouch!
No, not you, brother.
Ant.
Yes me...I still lift like a beast though. But maybe twice a year my back just quits on me and i cant get out of bed. Shoot....im still repping 405 on military press. My Dr. Has been telling me to stop lifting heavy for years...you should see his face everytime i walk through his door...he just shakes his head...lol. Ill quit when im dead

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hahaha! No...Ant!

Yeah, there probably aren’t too many things out there that are less detrimental to an anabolic state. Suppresses inflammation and the corresponding response to repair/build. Then the effects on blood sugar are also horrendous. This is definitely not anything one should be taking unless they have to.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No...prednisone...awful awful sides. I take it like twice a year for my back...ive had two back surgeries
I'm talking about that other guy whom said he takes it daily.

rmgt27

Awards
Lol, yeah, Ant has to mean Pregnenolone. 200mg of Prednisone would put you in a coma or a coffin.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol, yeah, Ant has to mean Pregnenolone. 200mg of Prednisone would put you in a coma or a coffin.
Nope, Prednisone. Through an IV over an hour in a hospital being monitored.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Stay away from that sh*t.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
why? and also why the daily 5mg?
5 mg daily is part of my heart transplant medicine. 200 mg when there was rejection. The blast fights the rejection, which is basically inflammation

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
5 mg daily is part of my heart transplant medicine. 200 mg when there was rejection. The blast fights the rejection, which is basically inflammation
Wow.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My mind just got blown.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Glucocorticoids like prednisone are used for enhancing performance and even prohibited by usada. Mostly by endurance athletes for racetime. If I IM'd a ml of methylprednisone I could run through a brick wall.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Glucocorticoids like prednisone are used for enhancing performance and even prohibited by usada. Mostly by endurance athletes for racetime. If I IM'd a ml of methylprednisone I could run through a brick wall.
I've never IMed Prednisone. But I can factually state that oral Prednisone will reduce physical performance.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get it once every couple years when I can't shake a chest infection. I love it, its like speed for me, and I find myself running around at work, leaping over things and climbing things I wouldn't normally due to sore joints. Then the next week is agony as I'm coming down off that gear and my joints are all jacked up.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why is it blown?
I mean, here I am, complaining about my fugged up knees and my elbow tendinitis. And then, there is you:

"Oh, by the way, I use corticosteroides daily, because of my heart transplant."

I'm still mentally recovering from your statement, LOL.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean, here I am, complaining about my fugged up knees and my elbow tendinitis. And then, there is you:

"Oh, by the way, I use corticosteroides daily, because of my heart transplant."

I'm still mentally recovering from your statement, LOL.
It's nothing man. It's just like replacing a car battery. Open the hood, disconnect some wires, take the old one out, put the new one in, and reconnect!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's nothing man. It's just like replacing a car battery. Open the hood, disconnect some wires, take the old one out, put the new one in, and reconnect!
As long as they don't change the driver....

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lol, philosopher Daniel Dennett said a brain transplant is the only transplant where you want to be the donor.
I wouldn't mind to be the donor of my milk glands. 50 year old glands, good milk production when using 19-nors. Would throw in a patch of chest hair for the Sean Connery fans. Anyone?