When the pharmacist makes an error

Slapoyjoe

My twin brother is on trt. Today at the pharmacy he had his test prescription refilled.

Instead of giving him 1 bottle, they gave him 10. For the price of 1. It’s ridiculous and kind of scary that a pharmacy would screw up that bad. He’s not complaining, though.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My twin brother is on trt. Today at the pharmacy he had his test prescription refilled.

Instead of giving him 1 bottle, they gave him 10. For the price of 1. It’s ridiculous and kind of scary that a pharmacy would screw up that bad. He’s not complaining, though.
Is each bottle a full 10cc bottle as in he has 100cc of testosterone or are they the single ml vials??

Slapoyjoe

He got the good stuff: 10 10cc vials for the price one 1.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Where might this pharmacy be? I need to go there lmfao

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wow, that's crazy bro.
I know what you mean, though..... If they could screw up something that obvious, there's no telling what errors they might be making.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My pharmacy put 800mg ibuprofen in a 50mg tramadol container and put the tramadol in an ibuprofen container. It took me about a day to notice but I immediately thought each pill looked off. But it’s pretty fukked up that the labels were mixed up.

You’re twin’s situation is a blessing in disguise though.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My pharmacy put 800mg ibuprofen in a 50mg tramadol container and put the tramadol in an ibuprofen container. It took me about a day to notice but I immediately thought each pill looked off. But it’s pretty fukked up that the labels were mixed up.

You’re twin’s situation is a blessing in disguise though.
Yea, I can almost promise that was a tech who made off with the Tramadol.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

They're gonna get an insurance audit. They will end up getting reimbursed for 1 10cc vial. And thats it. They will eat the cost of the other nine. NDC number probably got changed or something.

When CVS bought Target pharmacy I was there, and man was it a **** show. We had name brand Anadrol-50 in stock and the NDC didnt even exist in CVS's computer system. You could have walked out the front door with whatever you wanted and corporate would have never known. CVS used different distributors and brands than Target did. So the computers showed impossible things in the stock b/c those things were not able to be entered into the system. For example, it said we had NEGATIVE 456 xanax in stock. DEA inventory forms were sure fun to fill out then.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I can see one of two things happening.

1. Insurance will bill him for the extra.
2. If that is a 10 month supply, they will not refill the script for 9 months

That is if the error is noted.

89coupe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

It all depends how it was billed. I had a similar situation but for a hydrocortisone cream. The prescription was for 30 doses and the pharmacy gave me 30 tubes, but it should have been a single 30 dose tube. They only billed for one 30 dose tube.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My doctor's nurse screwed up (I think) my prescription and sent over to the pharmacy 3x 1ml instead of the script 1x 10ml @200mg/ml and that caused a pricing issue for me in addition to an "are you kidding me" moment. After two months of arguing, I went to the pharmacy and explained it. They saw the original script, and filled it with 1x 10ml, and actually ate the cost. The doctor finally fixed the issue, and so far so good.

Additionally, I woke up without hearing in my left ear and 50% about in the right. I go to my doctor, and he prescribed these OTC drops for my ears, which in fact made things worse... after a night I was now 100% deaf. I was severely blocked and had an infection. I went to Urgent Care, and they took care of me in about 30 minutes, with an insane cleaning and an anti-biotic. I could actually hear the reflective sound in the room which blew my mind. It sucks getting older. Ha.

Slapoyjoe

My brother just told me that his pharmacist just called: "We have your testosterone prescription ready." FTW.