best way to deal with acne on cycle??

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
aside from proper/ typical topical skincare routine, anyone have any tips on keeping acne at bay on cycle? any supplements or specific topical you use to help? on lgd/yk/ and dmz and starting to get some breakouts. thanks!

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My acne blew up and got way out of control last cycle. I started using dawn dish soap in the shower at least 2 times per day...at least on chest / shoulders / back....but usually all over. It has really surprised me and made a huge difference. Itll start drying you out right away but might take a couple weeks to see big improvements if you are broken out exceedingly bad. It is a cheap option anyway.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dawn definitely can help if you’re really greasy; shoulders always get bad on even moderately androgenic runs.

I have heard of guys doing accutane but none of them really sounded like they were sure it was worth it - that’s pretty extreme. Not recommending.

Obviously keeping the stacks less androgenic and more anabolic is ideal.

I have heard B6/L-DOPA can help but please read up on that cuz I could be full of crap; this is just off-hand.

Changing bed sheets very often and multiple shirts daily is big, as is getting out of a sweaty shirt ASAP and showering twice a day. I have trained with guys that use 4-5 t-shirts when traveling a distance for a long event session.

Nizoral shampoo will help with dry scalp/shedding btw. Always keep it around on cycle.

CultiVader

CultiVader

Awards
Nothing works for my back and shoulder acne after about 3/4 way through a 12 week cycle. It’s just something you might have to live with until after your cycle. But I also don’t have the time for two showers a day and extra wardrobe changes since I work 14 hrs a day.

I also never tried extreme measures like accutane bc I’ve heard it’s not worth the side effects.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Never had luck with the b6/ pantothenic acid route. Tried many times....but heard others that liked it.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
aside from proper/ typical topical skincare routine, anyone have any tips on keeping acne at bay on cycle? any supplements or specific topical you use to help? on lgd/yk/ and dmz and starting to get some breakouts. thanks!
I was thinking of running some of those compounds. I wonder which one is causing the break out?

CultiVader

CultiVader

Awards
I was thinking of running some of those compounds. I wonder which one is causing the break out?
I developed some back/shoulder/chest acne after 7 weeks of only LGD. Can’t speak for the others since I haven’t tried those. Nothing like aas acne though.

It wasn’t bad enough to make me regret taking it. I got some good gains.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Idk I feel like acne is a deal breaker. No one looks good covered in pimples. Muscular or not it looks awful. Also people will generally associate your muscular physique and pimples with anabolic steroid use. I see guys in my gym who are jacked but are covered in zits. If you can’t control the acne don’t use steroids. That’s my opinion

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Idk I feel like acne is a deal breaker. No one looks good covered in pimples. Muscular or not it looks awful. Also people will generally associate your muscular physique and pimples with anabolic steroid use. I see guys in my gym who are jacked but are covered in zits. If you can’t control the acne don’t use steroids. That’s my opinion
I concur. Don’t want to go back to my teenage years! Just a bit surprised LGD caused this since it is selective.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You're going to laugh but good ol oxy pads on the face, and tanning. Get all your skin health supplements in check too, sometimes it's one of those that will do without a tan. For me, supplements don't do much, a tan kills acne immediately.

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
tbh (knock on wood), I actually have ZERO acne on my body, its just prevalent on my chin and jawline which has been studied and shown that breakouts that occur there are most likely hormonal. I don't think its the lgd cause I've ran solo w/o problems. maybe its the yk and the fact its a dht derivative? I don't think its the dmz (yet) cause I just started it. any way to maybe lower dht levels while on cycle.....or does that not make sense lol?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
DMZ is a DHT, yk11 is a 19-nor. All three can cause acne in those prone.

A great soap besides dawn is Bee and Flower brand Sandal Wood soap. It is about a buck a bar and you buy it at the crunchy health food store. It's a real soap, if that makes sense. Sodium tallowate.

image.jpeg

Attachments

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tanning definitely cuts down the body acne; not sure if it’s the drying of the skin but it helps. Plus helps hide the acne you do get.