How many hours of sleep do you get On Cycle

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly sleep is overrated, imo. I work and train during the week, I average 6 hrs of sleep a night, I go for a full 8 hrs on the weekends. I've still made gains, my diet is on point.

I read a while back Triple H only gets about 4 hrs of sleep a day, dude is jacked.

What's your expectations or experience with sleep? In regards to your training goals.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Depends on the person. There are a small percentage that can operate daily on 4-6 hours, without affecting mental clarity. Whether they also have improved recovery or metabolic rate processes, perhaps?

Most folks need 6-8 to recover physically and mentally, if they are working hard daily, I think.

PatWheeler

PatWheeler

Awards
I can operate through work, family and normal day to day stuff on 5-6 hours...but my training intensity drops dramatically with that amount of sleep. 7 hours a night is a sweet spot for me for good gym sessions.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Comes down to minimal and optimal......what you can survive on and what’s optimal are miles away. Sure a few outliers probably are near optimal at 4-5 hours but for the vast majority it’s going to be 7-8 at least imo

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Comes down to minimal and optimal......what you can survive on and what’s optimal are miles away. Sure a few outliers probably are near optimal at 4-5 hours but for the vast majority it’s going to be 7-8 at least imo
Well said. It’s amazing how often I have to explain to people the difference between “not dead” and “healthy”.

contact13

contact13

Awards
  • Established
Between my career, wife's business, kids and home ownership I get about 5 hrs a night 5 days a week and 6 hrs on off days. I wake up at 3:45am to workout. I never feel fully recovered but I think that has more to do with pushing 40 than anything. I honestly feel like sh*t on the rare occasions I get 7 hrs plus. It takes me a couple hours to clear my head opposed to when I get 5 hours were I wake up mentally sharp. As a side note I meditate for about 30 minutes daily. I feel like this has a profound impact on stress and recovery.