Bulk or cut? What % body fat am I?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey guys. I am 5 foot 10 approximately 187 pounds. My body fat scale reading is approximately 20 percent (I know these aren’t reliable). Based on pic below (not best quality), please tell me what percent body fat you estimate me at? Also, I was planning to cut soon with a Ostarine, Rad 140, Epi Andro, 200 mg a week test trt cycle. I am trying to get down to around 15 percent before bulking with a stronger compound such as DMZ. My concern is that since I don’t have much muscle if I get to 15 percent I might end up “skinny fat”. Should I cut first or bulk then cut so I will have more muscle before my cut? To me it seems hard to justify a bulk when I still have man boobs.
10F9AFFC-BB0B-411F-8FEB-7CDD5760C250.jpeg

Attachments

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
23.5%

You should cut for 2 months then bulk... maybe
Thanks. That is how long I was going to run the Osta/Rad/Epi Andro/200 mg test cut for. I use to be about 20 pounds heavier so I am making progress slowly, but surely. Figure if I run an 8 week cut and lose a pound and a half a week that would put me at about 175 pounds.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks. That is how long I was going to run the Osta/Rad/Epi Andro/200 mg test cut for. I use to be about 20 pounds heavier so I am making progress slowly, but surely. Figure if I run an 8 week cut and lose a pound and a half a week that would put me at about 175 pounds.
Just make sure you lift heavy and do HIIT training (of course diet is key) but you should put on some muscle and cut up

Mitch_310

Mitch_310

Awards
  • Established
If I were you. I would drop the epi andro and osta out of your cycle and replace it with s4 and lgd. S4 is very great and will give you a lean and crisp look (you have to be very lean already for this effect to show though). And the lgd is good for recomping. Epi andro does not do very much at all man. Very weak compound unless you run it at an extremely high dose. (which is expensive). You should cut for at least 4-6 months though. Generally speaking most people can agree that you shouldn’t bulk until you are at least 12% or under in bodyfat. In my opinion a bulk goes best when I start it with fully visible abs. That way you won’t put on too much fluff. Just to warn you about your thoughts on dmz. It puts on weight fast but about only half of it (or less) is actual muscle. The majority of it is water/glycogen retention.

H.Zoloman

H.Zoloman

Awards
I am no pro, but I doubt the 23.5% body fat estimate. Maybe I can't see the pictures properly, maybe you hold fat very weirdly, but it looks loike you have strong ab outlines and no "hanging" fat (apart from the moobs)

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Low 20’s is my guess. I’d cut a couple more pounds of fat and then run a recomp cycle that leans more toward a cut. Use anabolics that are recommended for cutting, increase cardio, and watch you’re carbs. I’m going through the exact same thing.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Jeez- hard to say, looks like you lost a bunch of weight and you have some loose skin? I'd say low 20's- I personally think you need some LBM before you should cut. If you cut now, you are going to look very flat IMO. I'd run DMZ and eat at a calorie deficit- you should lean out and look way bigger. My 2 cents, cheers.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Pictures aren’t great quality but if you aren’t flexing your abs (and clearly doesn’t look like lighting is helping) then I think your around 18% bro

Doesn’t look like major weight loss (can tell by the area round the belly button) - you probably just hold a little more fat on your chest.

I do like epiandro as a compound but it’s expensive to run at 1,000 a day (where it has a good impact for most).

Personally I’d cut as I think 2-3 months would be easily enough to make a big impact (I recently used clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and an eca stack in the clen off weeks to good effect - might be worth looking into).

Agree with above, better to bulk from lean, I believe it makes estro sides less likely but mainly I just think for most of us it’s nice to maintain a better asthetic appearance for as long as possible to help with adherence to the increased calories needed

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If I were you. I would drop the epi andro and osta out of your cycle and replace it with s4 and lgd. S4 is very great and will give you a lean and crisp look (you have to be very lean already for this effect to show though). And the lgd is good for recomping. Epi andro does not do very much at all man. Very weak compound unless you run it at an extremely high dose. (which is expensive). You should cut for at least 4-6 months though. Generally speaking most people can agree that you shouldn’t bulk until you are at least 12% or under in bodyfat. In my opinion a bulk goes best when I start it with fully visible abs. That way you won’t put on too much fluff. Just to warn you about your thoughts on dmz. It puts on weight fast but about only half of it (or less) is actual muscle. The majority of it is water/glycogen retention.
Already bought the Epi Andro and Osta for the cut so I don’t want to buy S4 (mainly because of nighttime driving, thus not wanting the vision sides). Epi andro shulould be good for a cut because I am also on 200 mg week test trt and the Epi Andro will increase free t.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I am no pro, but I doubt the 23.5% body fat estimate. Maybe I can't see the pictures properly, maybe you hold fat very weirdly, but it looks loike you have strong ab outlines and no "hanging" fat (apart from the moobs)
Ya I was hoping the 23.5 was a high estimate too lol. You are correct, I hold my fat deposit in my chest area not my stomach.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Jeez- hard to say, looks like you lost a bunch of weight and you have some loose skin? I'd say low 20's- I personally think you need some LBM before you should cut. If you cut now, you are going to look very flat IMO. I'd run DMZ and eat at a calorie deficit- you should lean out and look way bigger. My 2 cents, cheers.
What would you say about a recomp rather than a cut? How much of a calorie deficit would you recommend a day? You are right, If I cut I may risk looking too flat. The reasons I don’t want to jump straight to DMZ is because I only have a couple andro cycles under my belt with not much experience with anabolics so I feel I can still benefit from just Sarms and andros before running something more stronger that is methylated like DMZ later on. Plus I already have the Rad 140, Ostarine, and Epi Andro purchased.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Pictures aren’t great quality but if you aren’t flexing your abs (and clearly doesn’t look like lighting is helping) then I think your around 18% bro

Doesn’t look like major weight loss (can tell by the area round the belly button) - you probably just hold a little more fat on your chest.

I do like epiandro as a compound but it’s expensive to run at 1,000 a day (where it has a good impact for most).

Personally I’d cut as I think 2-3 months would be easily enough to make a big impact (I recently used clen 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and an eca stack in the clen off weeks to good effect - might be worth looking into).

Agree with above, better to bulk from lean, I believe it makes estro sides less likely but mainly I just think for most of us it’s nice to maintain a better asthetic appearance for as long as possible to help with adherence to the increased calories needed
I think I am going to take your advice and run one more 8 week cut cyle (got enough Epi Andro to run at 1000 mg a day), then future cycles recomp probably with DMZ and the 1 andro I have stocked up. I just don’t want to bulk now and watch the man boobs grow and lose all the hard work I had to this point to lose fat! Ya the pic does suck. Traveling for work and took it from the hotel. Should have waited till I got home and had my wife take a full body pic in better light. I am back home Friday so will post a full body pic then. No, wasn’t flexing or sucking in on the pic.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
What would you say about a recomp rather than a cut? How much of a calorie deficit would you recommend a day? You are right, If I cut I may risk looking too flat. The reasons I don’t want to jump straight to DMZ is because I only have a couple andro cycles under my belt with not much experience with anabolics so I feel I can still benefit from just Sarms and andros before running something more stronger that is methylated like DMZ later on. Plus I already have the Rad 140, Ostarine, and Epi Andro purchased.
Yes, that's what I was referring to with a calorie deficit on dmz. I'm personally not a fan of sarms, but if it works for you, more power to ya. DMZ is not that harsh.. I have my buddy on it as his first cycle... hes loving it. Granted he is a bit lethargic but he looks way different 3 weeks in.

edsd

Awards
I think I am going to take your advice and run one more 8 week cut cyle (got enough Epi Andro to run at 1000 mg a day), then future cycles recomp probably with DMZ and the 1 andro I have stocked up. I just don’t want to bulk now and watch the man boobs grow and lose all the hard work I had to this point to lose fat! Ya the pic does suck. Traveling for work and took it from the hotel. Should have waited till I got home and had my wife take a full body pic in better light. I am back home Friday so will post a full body pic then. No, wasn’t flexing or sucking in on the pic.
I’m a fan of trenavar for cuts/body recomp. Not super harsh and you can run it for awhile. You can even stack it with another ph.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, that's what I was referring to with a calorie deficit on dmz. I'm personally not a fan of sarms, but if it works for you, more power to ya. DMZ is not that harsh.. I have my buddy on it as his first cycle... hes loving it. Granted he is a bit lethargic but he looks way different 3 weeks in.
Ya I have heard good things about it and look forward to running it. I still have unused 1 andro. Was thinking of running that with DMZ for a future cycle, rather than waiting on DMZ and running the andros first separately. Cool thing about DMZ is you don’t have to be on cycle as long to get results. So even though you tank your lipids probably worst than runmkng amdros/Sarms, your lipid profile isn’t ranked as long since the cycles are shorter.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m a fan of trenavar for cuts/body recomp. Not super harsh and you can run it for awhile. You can even stack it with another ph.
Reason DMZ appeals to me is though it it isn’t a compliant compound, it is not explicitly listed on the banned list yet so it is one less thing to worry about. Sure it will probably eventually be banned.