Quad Abcess ???

Coolkat

Awards
I injected 2 ml of BD Andropen 5 days ago. The skin is a little red and there is a big lump too that hurts and makes it favor that leg when I walk.

Is this an oil abcess? It got worse on day 4 after the inj. I put some ice on it a massage the area a bit. Any suggestions ???

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
Like Matthew said, check for heat. You might want to circle the spot with a marker which won't wash off. That way you can see if it is getting bigger. If the redness spreads and it's hot then you need to see a doc.

If it is an abscess, they are easier to treat sooner rather than later.

Coolkat

Awards
Thanks guys. Actually today, I can walk better and the redness is less. Funny though, the redness is not over the injection site but over my inner quad about 3 inches by 6 inches. The "bulge" at the inj. site is less sensitive an d smaller today.

Any one know why the redness spread like that???

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
yes.. I have... did it to myself on a quad shot... hit too low on the quad and I thought I had an abcess going also...

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
It's prob. not an abcess. Andropen can hurt and quads can hurt from what I've heard.

Andropen is the BD versions of sust :)

size

Awards
  • Established
Is the condition improving? If things are getting better then it should not be a problem. If things are getting worse then visit a doctor or begin using antibiotics.

This sort of swelling and soreness is not uncommon for quads.

Coolkat

Awards
Yes, I can walk better and the lump is less sensitive. This is day 6 after injection. Redness of the skin awway from the inj. site is almost gone too.

I may have been too high on the quad also. I am taking Olive Leaf Extract which is a natural anti-B + Anti- viral herb.

Will it help to massage the lump ???

AcuDoc

Board Supporter
Awards
I've always found massaging the area to help.

Just to add, like Size said, if the symptoms are getting better then no worries.

That is why the marker works so well. You can get a clear idea whether a problem is getting better or worse.

Last edited: