T3 and water rentention.

greilich

Awards
Good morning,

I started t3 dosage at 25mcg and went up to 50mcg after 3 days. During the time I've been on t3 I've blown up with water retention.... Its insane 5lbs and just gross haha.

I'm currently on clen as well at 30mcg a day.

Previously I just finished up test/tren in the early spring without issues. I plan on running low dosed prop when it comes in tomorrow along with the t3.

Im just very confused as to why the sudden retention, and if this is something that'll go down in a few days when I stay at a stable level of 50mcg+ daily.

I'm 5'5'' 218lbs - 14% bf

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
T3 and clen should do the opposite. Might be something you want to have checked.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
When I first started taking levothyroxine, I gained water weight. Took a month or so to subside. Also, how are you 5'5 218lbs with 14% BF? You must look like a running back, pretty impressive if so.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'6 and my avatar is probably around 14% BF, I'm 160 lbs. Thats crazy if you really are at those stats.

greilich

Awards
Yeah, I’m a stocky build for sure....I was well over 320+ lbs in 2009 obese and a fat sack of ****. Turned life around and used the add fattyness haha move heavy weights as I lost the weight. I got down to 173 lbs, was running 5k for fun then realized I didn’t like being that weight so bulked back up slowly. I’ll see if I can post a photo on this (still fairly noob to this forum)

greilich

Awards
IMG_7244.JPG

As you can see I have some saggy skin from my major weight loss back in 2009/2010
IMG_0379.JPG

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Great transformation bro. You dont look anywhere near 218lbs, let alone even 190. I mean that in a good way. BF is probably 20-25%.

greilich

Awards
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Haha I get that a lot until I hop on the scale and people are shocked. The percentage I got was from the trainer at the powerhouse here locally. ����*♂ Haha either way I’m happy!

greilich

Awards
How you figure? There’s excess skin yes, but definite abs and when pulled away(the skin) it’s a ton more defined.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Google body fat percentages and look at the pictures. Probably closer to 20%

When you get below 15% you start seeing veins everywhere.Your abs will be way more defined. Who cares what the percentages are anyway. All about what the mirror says

greilich

Awards
Valid I’ll give you that. I was honestly expecting some dose of haterade haha so I was superbly mistaken. It’s honest a big pain in the ass in certain areas like my lower abs/stomach because I have as my brother calls “flap” from the movie click haha. But hey, I’m happy and I appreciate y’all information, I’m going to stick it out with the t3 because I’m dropping weight...down t 215 and I honestly want to be around 195-200 all my clothes and uniform fit better

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Stick it out with the fat loss chems,be safe, and seriously bro.... Great freaking job on that transformation. You should be so damn proud of yourself.

IGF

Awards
I believe t3/hyperthyroidism messes with potassium levels, so you could be bloating and gaining water due to electrolyte imbalance. Are you taking all 50mcg at one or splitting it throughout the day?

greilich

Awards
I started with 25/25 split but due to overtime I have been taking it as early as 4:45am and then second dose as late as 8pm when I get home. I started doing the 50 all at once in the morning and I actually feel better. (If that makes sense) I also have been taking potassium along with taurine and b6 ontop of my daily multi to help combat it. All in all I know it’s working because even with bloat my pants and belt are fitting way looser. The bloat I’m betting to guess will subside when I stop the t3. I also drink 1.5-2gallons a day.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I believe t3/hyperthyroidism messes with potassium levels, so you could be bloating and gaining water due to electrolyte imbalance. Are you taking all 50mcg at one or splitting it throughout the day?
Very interesting, thank you for sharing this, I’ve been using low dose T3 all month and I had unexplained slightly high potassium on my last lab test. It does not raise it high enough to be a cardiac risk, but match that with the usual hydration issues of Summer and that explains a lot for me.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Shoot...been running t3 @50 mgs for a month. B3en drinking electrolytes for summer due to my physical work and sweating, and my blood work just came back "dangerously high" potassium. Had to draw blods two more times, waiting for last set to come back.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shoot...been running t3 @50 mgs for a month. B3en drinking electrolytes for summer due to my physical work and sweating, and my blood work just came back "dangerously high" potassium. Had to draw blods two more times, waiting for last set to come back.
First..50mgs would kill you. Secondly 50mcgs isn't enough to really notice anything. They prescribe that dose for non hypos that are going through depression. I speak from personal experience, and as someone sitting on a few thousand tabs of legit pharma cytomel. I am hypo, but I don't take it. I'm perscibed 150 a day, but it cuts into my strength. As a fat burner, doses at 100mcgs or over work...but you will burn muscle. And unless you are using it for the last few weeks of contest prep to burn the last little bit of fat off...its worthless. Chubby gym rats will only be doing more harm than good with cytomel. Use clen, cut carbs, so cardio...that's all there needs to be

greilich

Awards
Quick update, I stopped taking potassium supplement. I upped my dosage to 100mcg today, to go along with the pyramid dosing I am using. Im sitting well at 5lbs down, I may not lose anything today or even go up a pound or two due to my brother’s bday and grabbing a bite to eat. I have about 5.5 weeks until a wedding coming up. I’m looking to drop back down to my 34” pants and fit comfortably into my dress shirts.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
First..50mgs would kill you. Secondly 50mcgs isn't enough to really notice anything. They prescribe that dose for non hypos that are going through depression. I speak from personal experience, and as someone sitting on a few thousand tabs of legit pharma cytomel. I am hypo, but I don't take it. I'm perscibed 150 a day, but it cuts into my strength. As a fat burner, doses at 100mcgs or over work...but you will burn muscle. And unless you are using it for the last few weeks of contest prep to burn the last little bit of fat off...its worthless. Chubby gym rats will only be doing more harm than good with cytomel. Use clen, cut carbs, so cardio...that's all there needs to be
Typo...50mcg. Dont like clen, so therefore dont use, nor do I need it to cut up. I usually do fine with ECAY, low carbs and fasted cardio. I decided to try t3 since I haven't done it in a LONG time, and helped improve fatloss without having to go up to 100mcg last time I used it. I know I didnt have to use it (I know how to get pretty lean without it) but had it and decided to use it.