How did you end up on TRT?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, for those of you who are on TRT, what was the cause?

Did the majority of you run anabolics with no pct? Did you run anabolics with pct and cycle support? Did you never run anabolics and naturally have low t?

Although blasting and cruising sounds good in theory and the gains would be great, id like to avoid pinning the rest of my life and curious what caused so many to get on replacement.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Mine had nothing to do with anabolics. I never took them until after TRT. Here is my story. I was a decent athlete growing up and damn good at martial arts as well. Even when I was in phenomenal shape as an athlete I was always a little lower on the muscular side. I won several big jiu jitsu tournament and had my first MMA match at age 25. I won, but my wife was adamant I stop competing, she was 8 months pregnant with our first child and I had just got a big promotion at work. I am 5'10 and competed at either 170 or 185 lb. I say all
Of that to say this, I stopped martial arts and in turn working out cold turkey to focus on work and kids. I ate like crap including fast food everyday at work and no exercise for 5 years. At age 30 I was 236 lbs of fat. I had enough, I got back in the gym hardcore 5 days a week and healthy diet (made a complete 180 lifestyle change
and dropped back down to 185, but I was skinny fat, I decided I wanted to focus on weightlifting and put on all that muscle I never had.
After the beginning gains that stopped quickly I could not make any progress. Suspected low T and went to doc, my total
T was at 280 at 32 years of age. Diet had been spot on with exercise for 2 years. Got on TRT and decided to take the plunge on my first cycle 8 weeks ago since I was on test for life now anyway.

I contribute my low T to genetics and terrible lifestyle for 5 years. I will
Try to post a before and after picture

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
670B49A0-11CE-4F4D-8F04-D4081A877CD6.jpg

Picture on right is during first week of cycle 8weeks ago

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's quite hard to not get your testosterone back even without pct.. It just takes a lot more time which not only can hinder your gains but also make you lose what you've gained. That one test cycle would make you lose your production is about as likely as liver failure using oral steroids for longer than 6 weeks.. That being said it's easy to get hooked and if not abuse, overdo steroids and then put yourself in harms way.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just curious, for those of you who are on TRT, what was the cause?

Did the majority of you run anabolics with no pct? Did you run anabolics with pct and cycle support? Did you never run anabolics and naturally have low t?

Although blasting and cruising sounds good in theory and the gains would be great, id like to avoid pinning the rest of my life and curious what caused so many to get on replacement.
I've been cycling pro hormones, with PCTs, blodwork, and then later did close to a year of blast-cruise with Test E and EQ IM injections to give my liver a rest. Total > 2.5-3 years training with cycles since I turned in Natty card. Not officially on TRT via doc.

However, past 3-4 months with 2y/o daughter and baby boy due soon... totally out of the gym. Yet, kept most gains, despite a terrible last PCT I didn't do. Testosterone is back to 819ng/dL for 38 years old, not bad.

With lack luster diet, stopped training, even had a seizure... Still at 200lbs and 11% BF. On cycle and eating well I can hit 220-230 at 13-14% BF. Not bad, considering I started at 175lbs and 18% BF (skinny-fat).

Since I'm off now, recovered, all blood work levels normal... I'm ready to get back at it with some DMZ and a Test E base, after I get back to lifting. Get back on gainz train.

I always run TUDCA and complete cycle support, to keep liver and kidney levels good, as well as lipids, etc. Pretty much a must for any methylated PH. And just a good idea for any anabolic /steroid cycle.

Unless you are wreck less or have underlying health issues, you should see your natural Test levels go back to normal range 4-6 weeks after end of cycle. Always do mid and post cycle blood work for yourself to verify reality.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I abused opiates for about 13 years. Come to find out opiate abuse has been linked to low t. Im now on trt at age 28

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ran a 16 week cycle at 36 years old. Dbol/Sust/And SD on the back end. HcG and aggressive pct. natty test was cut from 846 to 337.
Never recovered.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
I trained naturally for 3 years solid5-6 days a week. Meticulous on diet, sleep, supps and just couldn’t make progress anymore. I was better than average but not for someone who trained as hard as I did. Also had other low T symptoms so I got tested and sure enough low T at 26 no prior aas use. I started using sarms (RAD140) and had awesome results both physically and mentally and I’ve got an appointment for trt with my doc in 2 weeks.

Scrutiny

Awards
I went Accutane for a couple years while I was 17.

Total Test levels plummeted, and began to have issues with libido, well being, energy etc.

Since then, I would always store body fat, never be able to increase / maintain lean mass no matter what I did.

Total Test after Accutane usually sat around 9 to 12 nmol/L Which was abysmal for my age and also with how I trained, ate and my lifestyle.

Due to my low test frustrations I started using things like Trest, Epistane and andro PH cycles and with my PCT’s I still felt like rubbish.

Finally found a doc here who takes the symptoms seriously and as such now I am on TRT at 25 and feel fantastic and 100% better.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ran a 16 week cycle at 36 years old. Dbol/Sust/And SD on the back end. HcG and aggressive pct. natty test was cut from 846 to 337.
Never recovered.
That sucks. Weren’t you on kratom or some other opiates at that time too though? That could’ve played a role.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Never recovered.
Was this first cycle or how many cycles in? That's a lot of gear.

I just had a NDE, so new zen'ish/minimalist perspective on things going to do minimal cycles (I respond well to low dose DMZ, Sdrol, Test-E, etc.) keep up monthly blood work, TUDCA and cycle support, etc. But once I get back at say 220lbs+ just pause and go Natty lifting and recover test once more... and lift through PCT.

Only will I do a next cycle when my tall-lanky frame drops below 190-200lbs. Trying to keep muscle mass as I age, not permanent crash endocrine system...

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sucks. Weren’t you on kratom or some other opiates at that time too though? That could’ve played a role.
Hard opiate use ended for me in 2009 and I have never returned. In fact, sober and natty within a few years I was able to maintain a test level of 880 in my early 30s.

My situation is this, as everyone’s is different and has thousands of other variables that aren’t so black and white:

2 years of hard opiate use and alcohol abuse ‘suppressed’ my natural testosterone, but not significantly enough to where total abstinence, sobriety and healthy living and training for a few years didn’t bring me to an even better test level of most my age.

However, running very long, extremely suppressive cycles in my mid thirties, ‘decimated’ my bodies natural production.

In my personal experience, steroid “cycling” did FAR more damage to my HPTA function than heavy opiate and alcohol use did; in half the time too.

Now, in Christ’s case, a decade plus of opiate abuse may have been enough for him. Some people just end up on TRT for the same reason they get on thyroid meds, body just doesn’t want to produce much of it anymore.

But to answer your question. After 8 years sober, In. 2017, A year after starting TRT, I decided I could enjoy a little Kratom every Thursday night. Fast forward to now, I was able to successfully taper under a half kilo a week the last 2 weeks. I’ll tell you it’s not helping my gains in the gym, if only for the nausea alone trying to eat often but wanting to puke instead. I’ll be excited when I am low enough to jump off this drug.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hard opiate use ended for me in 2009 and I have never returned. In fact, sober and natty within a few years I was able to maintain a test level of 880 in my early 30s.

My situation is this, as everyone’s is different and has thousands of other variables that aren’t so black and white:

2 years of hard opiate use and alcohol abuse ‘suppressed’ my natural testosterone, but not significantly enough to where total abstinence, sobriety and healthy living and training for a few years didn’t bring me to an even better test level of most my age.

However, running very long, extremely suppressive cycles in my mid thirties, ‘decimated’ my bodies natural production.

In my personal experience, steroid “cycling” did FAR more damage to my HPTA function than heavy opiate and alcohol use did; in half the time too.

Now, in Christ’s case, a decade plus of opiate abuse may have been enough for him. Some people just end up on TRT for the same reason they get on thyroid meds, body just doesn’t want to produce much of it anymore.

But to answer your question. After 8 years sober, In. 2017, A year after starting TRT, I decided I could enjoy a little Kratom every Thursday night. Fast forward to now, I was able to successfully taper under a half kilo a week the last 2 weeks. I’ll tell you it’s not helping my gains in the gym, if only for the nausea alone trying to eat often but wanting to puke instead. I’ll be excited when I am low enough to jump off this drug.
Your eating 2oz a day of kratom and thats tapered down?

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think I ever had a really healthy T level, to begin with. I always had a real good libido, but did not carry much lean mass, or have an overly masculine vibe to begin with. I started messing with anabolics in my early thirties. I always did proper PCT with serms. Honestly, I have a theory, that after a certain age, probably a different age for everyone, your natural production takes a hit after every cycle. If your body is already on a hormonal taper, suppressing natural function for a period Of 4, 8, 12, 16 weeks is only going to expedite the taper

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Your eating 2oz a day of kratom and thats tapered down?
15 grams or less in the am. And then throughout the day 60 more grams usually split up.
Half of what I was taking 6 months ago. Sounds about right, ya..

Country

Awards
Went to the trt doc my test was 2100 and he still put me on go figure lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In for info. Good thread.

WolfJFlywheel

Awards
subbed for info.

i went in a year ago at 38 and test came back at like 440. doc said "youre fine"

thoughts?

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
subbed for info.

i went in a year ago at 38 and test came back at like 440. doc said "youre fine"

thoughts?
Meh, fight it for a while. Try to get it up, change lifestyle is a huge one.
I started playing volleyball, lifting daily, eating more fat, ZERO DRUGS OR ANY ALCOHOL. And mine went up to 800s. If it goes below 400, get on TRT brotha. It’s just better life. I eff my girl like a champion and I promise you it’s because I need to be on hormone therapy and complied.

Kiri

Awards
Guys I was on almost all ADD meds, corticoïdes, all nootropics and supps were useless, only Piracetam at 5g cure my anhedonia and worked for 2 months, I did more in 2 months than in 5 years get a job and lot of projects then I became immune to it even after 3 years.

I wonder if a low dose test like 62,5 twice per week (or more) will cure my anhedonia and give me back energy make me feel good just normal
I think to cycle to shut doWn my test which actually low at 325 actually and the doc don’t want to put me on test. While in my country trt is one 250 enanthate shot per month..

Also what test/roid is the best for mood, motivation, cure anhedonia and just be happy like a normal person

Thx to this open minded forum

WolfJFlywheel

Awards
Meh, fight it for a while. Try to get it up, change lifestyle is a huge one.
I started playing volleyball, lifting daily, eating more fat, ZERO DRUGS OR ANY ALCOHOL. And mine went up to 800s. If it goes below 400, get on TRT brotha. It’s just better life. I eff my girl like a champion and I promise you it’s because I need to be on hormone therapy and complied.
If it’s better, why wait? Lol

I’d like to fuk my girl like a champ too bro

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
If it’s better, why wait? Lol

I’d like to fuk my girl like a champ too bro
Your choice bro, its your life. Its a lifetime commitment to injecting weekly or twice a week depending on your preference. I dont find it too much of an inconvenience honestly. When you weigh the pros against the cons the pros far outweigh the cons. My energy levels are way better, i went from no libido to my libido skyrocketing which made my wife happier

WolfJFlywheel

Awards
Your choice bro, its your life. Its a lifetime commitment to injecting weekly or twice a week depending on your preference. I dont find it too much of an inconvenience honestly. When you weigh the pros against the cons the pros far outweigh the cons. My energy levels are way better, i went from no libido to my libido skyrocketing which made my wife happier
See what’s where I’m at man. When we have sex it’s great but my libido is in the gutter compared to where it used to be. Same with energy. I’m just worried that I’ll go back and they’ll say no again just because I’m right over the baseline.

Now for full disclosure, I’d love to jump on a real cycle but would rather a doc do it for me(I think). Just seems like a 2 birds with 1 stone deal.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See what’s where I’m at man. When we have sex it’s great but my libido is in the gutter compared to where it used to be. Same with energy. I’m just worried that I’ll go back and they’ll say no again just because I’m right over the baseline.

Now for full disclosure, I’d love to jump on a real cycle but would rather a doc do it for me(I think). Just seems like a 2 birds with 1 stone deal.
Then intentionally crash your levels. Stay up 2 days straight, get drunk as hell the night before, and get tested first thing. You'll smell like Christian Slater, but you'll be low as hell.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Have you considered that urologists, endocrinologists, and many other MDs can prescribe? If a doc denied me at 400, I’d just go to a different doc.

Jamlive1988

Awards
Several aas and ph cycles with little to no pct in my early 20s. Stupid and had a t level of 231 at 28. Went through low t symptoms from 26-28. Been on trt about a year.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Several aas and ph cycles with little to no pct in my early 20s. Stupid and had a t level of 231 at 28. Went through low t symptoms from 26-28. Been on trt about a year.
What symptoms did you feel if you don’t mind me asking?

Jamlive1988

Awards
What symptoms did you feel if you don’t mind me asking?
Depression. Anxiety. Next to no sex drive for over a year. Was out of gym and unhealthy. Just ended up going and getting checked and was low so got put on trt.

bradin929

Awards
I'm a 27 year old Male. 6 foot 2 inches at 198 lbs. I went and got my levels checked a month ago and was told my total level was 524. I went due to low libido, depression and severe anxiety. My question is, should I see another doctor, go straight to an endocrinologist or what next?

The doctors keep trying to put me on antidepressants but my argument is, how do you know antidepressants will help?!?! There is no "test" for depression and I believe it is stemming from something else. I can't maintain or put on any muscle and I've been I the gym consistently for the past 6 years. It's almost sad.

PT Outlaw

Awards
I was 18 and at the time my sisters fiancé was a tank. I knew he was on gear. I asked him to get me some and he said no you don’t need it and definitely not now. I didn’t know what he meant.

Back then internet wasn’t what it is now. Maybe it was I surely wasn’t on it other then the old AOL chat rooms lol.

So of course I get a hold of some from some friends that basically could get them but knew nothing about it. Didn’t get a PCT.

Then did another messed up cycle. Also had a accident and had a pill happy dr that would presicbe me 360 norcos a month.

If only I could go back in time. But I can’t so I’m here with a RX of test!! Feels good to have it legally lol.

For the guys not knowing what dr to go to, there are TRT drs that are really easy to deal with. I found my dr that’s out of state. We do labs every 3 months. With test, hcg, and arimedex it cost me $100 a month. No other cost for the dr. That’s the total cost.

bradin929

Awards
But how do you deal with a doctor that will prescribe test out of state? Do you literally have to travel to him or is it done over the phone with local lab results to prove it ? The closest doctor I can find for my area is 3 hours away. That's just too far for me to travel. Every local doctor I've been to, like I said, wants to put me on antidepressants or xanax. I'm not doing that. I don't like things that alter your brain

bradin929

Awards
I would like to place an order and just start injecting myself but would rather try to get it from a doctor first.

PT Outlaw

Awards
Brotha don’t let them put you on that ****. I was on Xanax for some years. I felt like a nut case when I was finally ready to get off the pills. I had brain twitches. At times I thought I was going to lose it and do something really bad. Don’t do it.

My dr we talk on the phone. And issues or problems I call him. Also can email. Then when it’s time for labs I just pay on his website and go to a local labcorp near me.

PT Outlaw

Awards
If you can get it from a dr and not have to worry about getting caught with it or is it really what the label says and all that bs get it.

Sitting at home and having FedEx drop off my stuff is great

bradin929

Awards
If you can get it from a dr and not have to worry about getting caught with it or is it really what the label says and all that bs get it.

Sitting at home and having FedEx drop off my stuff is great
No I refuse to get on that sh!t. I'm tired of feeling like that's the only option with doctors around here. I'm sure if I started taking trt and got my levels up a lot I would feel a ton better and have better sense of wellbeing.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
But how do you deal with a doctor that will prescribe test out of state? Do you literally have to travel to him or is it done over the phone with local lab results to prove it ? The closest doctor I can find for my area is 3 hours away. That's just too far for me to travel. Every local doctor I've been to, like I said, wants to put me on antidepressants or xanax. I'm not doing that. I don't like things that alter your brain
You would have to go through a trt clinic to get on trt with levels at 524. My doctor told me my levels were perfectly fine at 300 as a 28 year old. The only other thing is, how do you even know trt will fix your problem? I mean really 524 shouldnt be low enough to cause you issues like that but hey its possible

bradin929

Awards
You would have to go through a trt clinic to get on trt with levels at 524. My doctor told me my levels were perfectly fine at 300 as a 28 year old. The only other thing is, how do you even know trt will fix your problem? I mean really 524 shouldnt be low enough to cause you issues like that but hey its possible
I don't know it will fix my problem until I try it. Which I'm more than willing to do. I've tried trazodone and celexa before and it didn't help. Plus i don't like the idea of anything having a label on it that says "contact your doctor if you have thoughts of suicide". Something is seriously wrong with that. And my levels I had checked last year was 100 more than this year. Maybe it has factors that I'm not familiar with involved to create that fluctuation. I don't know, I just want enough energy to work out for an hour solid and the means to hold on to and build the muscle I work so hard for.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I don't know it will fix my problem until I try it. Which I'm more than willing to do. I've tried trazodone and celexa before and it didn't help. Plus i don't like the idea of anything having a label on it that says "contact your doctor if you have thoughts of suicide". Something is seriously wrong with that. And my levels I had checked last year was 100 more than this year. Maybe it has factors that I'm not familiar with involved to create that fluctuation. I don't know, I just want enough energy to work out for an hour solid and the means to hold on to and build the muscle I work so hard for.
Your levels can fluctuate that much from day to day depending on certain factors like sleep and stress and diet (someone please correct me if im wrong but i know levels fluctuate alot) i totally understand about the medication. Ive spent most of my life on and off of stuff like that along with opiates and i have no desire to ever have to take stuff like that again. Trt is a game changer. I live a very very busy life and work a physically demanding job and have 4 kids and still manage to get myself to the gym every day and fck my wife like im a teenager again, while on opiates i had no libido whatsoever so thats nice. If you want to try it just do your research and do it right. Maybe you could just run a test cycle first to see how you like it and if its what you want to do then you can try to get on trt. Its kind of a big commitment, deciding to inject yourself regularly for the rest of your life

bradin929

Awards
Your levels can fluctuate that much from day to day depending on certain factors like sleep and stress and diet (someone please correct me if im wrong but i know levels fluctuate alot) i totally understand about the medication. Ive spent most of my life on and off of stuff like that along with opiates and i have no desire to ever have to take stuff like that again. Trt is a game changer. I live a very very busy life and work a physically demanding job and have 4 kids and still manage to get myself to the gym every day and fck my wife like im a teenager again, while on opiates i had no libido whatsoever so thats nice. If you want to try it just do your research and do it right. Maybe you could just run a test cycle first to see how you like it and if its what you want to do then you can try to get on trt. Its kind of a big commitment, deciding to inject yourself regularly for the rest of your life
I understand it is a big commitment however, if it makes me feel like I did 10 years ago (full of energy, could actually get through the day without requiring a nap, and could also get in a non stop gym session where I went home feeling like I accomplished something) then I'm ready to make that commitment and change. And who knows, my symptoms may not be from low t. BUT you guys have to admit, I may have symptoms of low t that could be fixed from trt or a "cycle" while the next guy might have the same t levels and feel great. The standardization requirements they place on trt are bull**** IMO. But once again, thats just me. If I were to buy some test c and start a 4 month cycle, what dose would you guys recommend to get my levels around 1000? Also can we discuss sources on here, because I have a place I want to buy from that I'm sure all of you have heard of but I want a second opinion. Thanks for the replies and didn't mean to hijack this thread OP.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I understand it is a big commitment however, if it makes me feel like I did 10 years ago (full of energy, could actually get through the day without requiring a nap, and could also get in a non stop gym session where I went home feeling like I accomplished something) then I'm ready to make that commitment and change. And who knows, my symptoms may not be from low t. BUT you guys have to admit, I may have symptoms of low t that could be fixed from trt or a "cycle" while the next guy might have the same t levels and feel great. The standardization requirements they place on trt are bull**** IMO. But once again, thats just me. If I were to buy some test c and start a 4 month cycle, what dose would you guys recommend to get my levels around 1000? Also can we discuss sources on here, because I have a place I want to buy from that I'm sure all of you have heard of but I want a second opinion. Thanks for the replies and didn't mean to hijack this thread OP.
No source talk and i betcha 200mg a week would put you way above that

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if this was addressed, and I’m not nitpicking what you are saying. But when you say 4 month cycle, and how good you will feel at 1000 T-level, you are leaving out one thing: You will be so much worse off than you are now, if you ran a 4 month cycle of test. When guys start going into 12+ week cycles with already low/borderline low test, they WILL be on TRT within a few years no matter how thorough the post cycle therapy is. Just want to be clear, this is not a short term fix. Once you start pinning with symptoms of low T already, please know it’s most likely going to be a lifetime commitment.

I would try to get natty levels up via restart protocol, or get on it for life. I don’t feel it’s fair to tell you how YOU should feel at a certain number... If you don’t feel like you want to feel, do ANYTHING other than a cycle to feel better.

bradin929

Awards
I hear ya man and I appreciate all the comments and advise. I'm weighing out my options now. I located a endocrinologist about 45 min from me. Maybe I can get more blood work done and he will find this underlying issue. It may not be related to testosterone at all.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck brother. Let us know how it goes.