Cramps, stiff calf's, etc. on a cycle

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
On a cutting cycle, call's not that low, upper 2000's. The problem is I've got stiffness and doms mostly in my calf's that doesn't want to go away. My traps are also supper upset. Also my back is a small movement away from cramping. Like I pinned in my left glute yesterday and had to wait a minute with the needle sitting in my ass before I could bend to it again to push the gear in, so my back didn't cramp up. Any advice on what I am missing, should I be taking anything more besides magnesium and bananas (potassium)? I don't really do much cardio. Maybe twice a week for 20 mins. But now I can't run for more then 3 mins without my calf's turning into stone. I don't get back pumps and calf's also don't really get pumped, it's just like serious doms or something. It's like my body is way overtrained but that's really not possible with only 3 x cca 30 working sets workouts a week.

Stack is:
330mg's 1AD,
330mg's 4AD,
600mg's Epiandro (Cerberus v2, 4 caps a day),
250mg's test cyp a week
25mg's var that I am now building towards 50mg's as I'm starting to run out off Cerberus (which is a total waste of money btw).

It's my 10th day on var. Veins are already popping out like crazy. Who ever said low dose var dose nothing...

Any idea what I can do or take to help with this? Sauna, massages, foam rolling, that weird freezing stuff, supp's? I've also got some dbol at hand... Appreciate any input! Tnx!

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try Taurine 1-3 grams with a lot of water. Your already taking potassium....Taurine, loads of water, and potassium works for me.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Try Taurine 1-3 grams with a lot of water. Your already taking potassium....Taurine, loads of water, and potassium works for me.
Agreed with this. Taurine will definitely help and increasing water intake. If you take a multi it should have potassium in it so you should be good there.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know about taurine. I'ts in my preworkout app 3g per scoop. Obviusly it doesn't help, or I need more of it.

But isn't taurine more for the back and shinn pumps then cramps and doms?

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know about taurine. I'ts in my preworkout app 3g per scoop. Obviusly it doesn't help, or I need more of it.

But isn't taurine more for the back and shinn pumps then cramps and doms?
For me a lot of taurine, water, and potassium helps all cramps.....I would take extra taurine, because your muscles are soaking it up.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For me a lot of taurine, water, and potassium helps all cramps.....I would take extra taurine, because your muscles are soaking it up.
Ok, I'll try 5g. Also drinkin a lot of watter. Im constantly in the lue...

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
You must have real Var bc 25mg of ugl isnt going to do dickk

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Drop the 4ad.....am I miss I g something? What's the 4ad for?
But taurine 1.5gallons of water.
What's your AI?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Drop the 4ad.....am I miss I g something? What's the 4ad for?
But taurine 1.5gallons of water.
What's your AI?
Started out with only Cerberus but my e2 crashed so I added test. Cerberus is a mix of 1, 4 and epi andro. I don't need an ai on 250 test.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tnx mate, I'll try some salt. I eat really unsalted so that might help a bit... Already bought taurine.
As mineral loss and dehydration is the probable cause, a bit of glycerine in a lot of water is the trick, to hold on to the water consumed. Had cramps in lats, shoulders, chest when on orals. Now, since using glycerine, they are gone. If you use glycerine by itself, without water, it is dehydrating, be careful.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Started out with only Cerberus but my e2 crashed so I added test. Cerberus is a mix of 1, 4 and epi andro. I don't need an ai on 250 test.
Oh I got u now. Its all in one pill.
Once it's gone just rock test and VAR.
1 ad is good too

LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just bought the 4 major electrolytes in bulk and made caps for my next run. I have enough raws to last a lifetime for less than $70. Also surprised magnesium isn’t suggested here. So sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium make up my caps totaling 650 MG. I call it electric 650 lol!! Will report back with results if I remember. 3 caps prior to workout and 3 caps after or before bed to prevent those terrible night time cramps. Of course water and taurine too...

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
I just bought the 4 major electrolytes in bulk and made caps for my next run. I have enough raws to last a lifetime for less than $70. Also surprised magnesium isn’t suggested here. So sodium, calcium, potassium and magnesium make up my caps totaling 650 MG. I call it electric 650 lol!! Will report back with results if I remember. 3 caps prior to workout and 3 caps after or before bed to prevent those terrible night time cramps. Of course water and taurine too...
You scale and cap everything individually? That would take forever

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't calcium competing with magnesium and should be taken apart from each other?

LGTWHIT

LGTWHIT

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't calcium competing with magnesium and should be taken apart from each other?
Yes, with higher doses above 250mg calcium. Mine falls just shy of this range 50mg calcium x 3 Caps is 150 and magnesium is 100mg cap at 300 and I use less calcium than magnesium as calcium can impact the magnesium’s absorption rate. I’ll follow up in a bit with its effectiveness as tren can give me pretty good cramps further into the run. I may throw in var towards the end too which will surely impact cramping possibilities

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As everyone above - taurine.....plus water.

Hydrate like a mo fo.

I personally found epiandro gave me great vascularity.....just saying it might not all be the var.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As mineral loss and dehydration is the probable cause, a bit of glycerine in a lot of water is the trick, to hold on to the water consumed. Had cramps in lats, shoulders, chest when on orals. Now, since using glycerine, they are gone. If you use glycerine by itself, without water, it is dehydrating, be careful.
Huh learned something new today tnx to you. It's apparently called hyperhydration and it can be done, as you suggest, with glycerin. What are your dosages glycerol/water? I found a research saying this:

An analysis of the studies in this area indicates that endurance athletes intending to hyperhydrate with glycerol should ingest glycerol 1.2 g/kg BW in 26 mL/kg BW of fluid over a period of 60 minutes, 30 minutes prior to exercise.

Would you concur with this?

Re cramps: yeah, it's bad! Traps, lower back, calfs... Couldn't do deadlifts properly yesterday bc of it! And it's like the tendons are inflamed in the calf's. I took 5g taurine yesterday and today and I would say it's 50% better. Also did a lot of foam rolling. But I need to find something to massage the traps! Maybe I'll order theracane or something similar...

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As everyone above - taurine.....plus water.

Hydrate like a mo fo.

I personally found epiandro gave me great vascularity.....just saying it might not all be the var.
I know, but 600mg's of epi is really not a lot IMO. And the situation got a lot worse when I started var. Well... it also might be the combo.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOL you got some patience there mate :)

Re magnesium: I mentioned in the OP that I'm taking it, so that's probably why nobody mentioned it.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh I got u now. Its all in one pill.
Once it's gone just rock test and VAR.
1 ad is good too
Yep one pill. Paid 180€ for this chit. It's not worth it at all. That's enough for test, Tbol, serm and an Ai for one small cycle that would blow Cerberus out of the water. Also was really surprised that my e2 crashed. I mean 330 4AD is not a lot, but my e2 shouldn't have been below readable. I know 4AD's half life is short, but serum estradiol has a half life of 3 days I think, so it really shouldn't matter what the half life of 4AD is. I'm saying this bc the test was done first thing in the AM which means last dose of 4AD was 12 hours ago.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One a side note, how do you guys massage your traps!!!??? Besides going to a sports masseur off course :) I'm trying with some massage balls, but it's a pain to hit the traps with it. It's almost like brakedancing which I used to do lol. Also this isn't really massaging but more like trigger point release.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah my wife does it perfect. Soaking in hot water with Epsom salt could help.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Huh learned something new today tnx to you. It's apparently called hyperhydration and it can be done, as you suggest, with glycerin. What are your dosages glycerol/water? I found a research saying this:

An analysis of the studies in this area indicates that endurance athletes intending to hyperhydrate with glycerol should ingest glycerol 1.2 g/kg BW in 26 mL/kg BW of fluid over a period of 60 minutes, 30 minutes prior to exercise.

Would you concur with this?

Re cramps: yeah, it's bad! Traps, lower back, calfs... Couldn't do deadlifts properly yesterday bc of it! And it's like the tendons are inflamed in the calf's. I took 5g taurine yesterday and today and I would say it's 50% better. Also did a lot of foam rolling. But I need to find something to massage the traps! Maybe I'll order theracane or something similar...
For hyper-hydration I do:

500ml water
1 teaspoon salt -or electrolytes (look up: alacer "electromix" on amazon)
3 teaspoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of vegetable glycerin (get a gallon at amazon)

Twice a day, one with my intra workout shake. I also throw in the content of 1 capsule potassium instead of table salt.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

500ml water
3 teaspoons of sugar

Twice a day, one with my intra workout shake. I also throw in the content of 1 capsule potassium instead of table salt.
Ok tnx!

Something like this right? https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B0751D6Y8V/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&q****1527522128&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=glycerin&dpPl=1&dp****41iJIGPm98L&ref=plSrch

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

500ml water
3 teaspoons of sugar

That's a lot less then the study suggests. Do you get noticeable results? According to the study 1.2g/kg of BW would equal for me 1.2 x 92 = 110g of glycerine. I have no idea if that is a lot but comparing to your "table spoon" it's quite a lot more ... :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's a lot less then the study suggests. Do you get noticeable results? According to the study 1.2g/kg of BW would equal for me 1.2 x 92 = 110g of glycerine. I have no idea if that is a lot but comparing to your "table spoon" it's quite a lot more ... :)
Yes, the amazon item is correct.
Relief after 24hrs, noticeable effect after 48 hrs.

Once consumed, salt actives a hormone in the body known as ADH – anti-diuretic hormone. This successfully prevents the kidneys from expelling water.

Think back to an athletic event or when you were hung-over…Remember taking in tons of water, yet going to the bathroom excessively and still being thirsty? That’s because you didn’t have enough ADH to hold water. It was going right through you.

Sugar works with salt within the body to help increase the uptake of water from the gut into our blood. The medical journal Lancet said that this discovery is “the most important medical advance this century.”

The vegetable glycerin is a “water magnet.” When swallowed, it goes into the muscle cells, and at the same time pulls water into them to help the internal machinery function more efficiently. Technically it helps produce more power via ATP and the contraction of muscle fibers, actin and myosin.

“Isn’t sugar bad for you?”

Yes, but if your severely dehydrated, dehydration is worse. You are using it medicinally here. -https://thepeopleschemist.com-

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The study did not use a sugar/electrolyte (salt) combo and much more water. Do NOT use glycerin with less water I suggested, it will do the opposite and dehydrates you.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The study did not use a sugar/electrolyte (salt) combo and much more water. Do NOT use glycerin with less water I suggested, it will do the opposite and dehydrates you.
Well the study suggests 26ml/kg. For me that's 2.4 liters.

You are suggesting 1 tablespoon of glycerol with 0.5l. I presume that's about 10g of glycerol per 0.5l.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also glycerin is a poliol, a sugar, so why add sugar seperately?