Aromatase Inhibitor for Ostarine cycle advice needed

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hey all,

So in about a month I will be running an Ostarine cycle. I understand It would be wise to have an AI on hand just in case. Is Arimedex or Exemestane preferable? Also, what would be potential symptoms of high estrogen to look out for that would indicate I should actually consider using it so I don’t get bitch tits? Finally, if I did have to use it what would be the dose and does that mean you should cease the cycle? I think I may be more prone to higher estrogen because I just started getting weekly trt shots and my doctor doesn’t have me on an ai so I want to be prepared on cycle. Any help would be appreciated.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Hey all,

So in about a month I will be running an Ostarine cycle. I understand It would be wise to have an AI on hand just in case. Is Arimedex or Exemestane preferable? Also, what would be potential symptoms of high estrogen to look out for that would indicate I should actually consider using it so I don’t get bitch tits? Finally, if I did have to use it what would be the dose and does that mean you should cease the cycle? I think I may be more prone to higher estrogen because I just started getting weekly trt shots and my doctor doesn’t have me on an ai so I want to be prepared on cycle. Any help would be appreciated.
ostarine shouldn't increase E2 aromatization, so an AI isn't really necessary for that. however, you need to get the AI dialed in for your TRT, tho... what exactly is your protocol for that?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
ostarine shouldn't increase E2 aromatization, so an AI isn't really necessary for that. however, you need to get the AI dialed in for your TRT, tho... what exactly is your protocol for that?
I have read post by users of Ostarine that have gotten gyno. I get injections for
My trt weekly. This Thursday will be my third shot. Goal is to get me from my initial reading that was 400 to the upper range of normal (800 to 950). I am supposed to get retested after one month. To be honest, not sure how many mg a week they are currently giving me. I will ask on Thursday. I didn’t want to ask right off the bat because I thought I might appear like a drug seeker.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I have read post by users of Ostarine that have gotten gyno. I get injections for
My trt weekly. This Thursday will be my third shot. Goal is to get me from my initial reading that was 400 to the upper range of normal (800 to 950). I am supposed to get retested after one month. To be honest, not sure how many mg a week they are currently giving me. I will ask on Thursday. I didn’t want to ask right off the bat because I thought I might appear like a drug seeker.
ostarine cannot aromatize into estradiol.

any gyno from ostarine is by some other mechanism, which most likely means that an AI would not only be useless, but cause further issues by low E2 levels....

http://www.ergo-log.com/enobosarmtrial.html

if you're just starting TRT, then I would get that under control first. did your Dr test your baseline E2?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

any gyno from ostarine is by some other mechanism, which most likely means that an AI would not only be useless, but cause further issues by low E2 levels....

if you're just starting TRT, then I would get that under control first. did your Dr test your baseline E2?
Also purchased LGD 4033 to be used for a future bulk, that doesn’t aromatase either does it? My estradiol sensitive test was 15.2. Maybe the posters who got gyno while supposedly on Ostarine were actually on bunk products. I paid more and bought Olympus Labs brand to make sure it was legit.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Don’t know if it would make a difference, but That dose used in the clinical trial was only 3mg, but I am going to be taking 25 mg.

Bencsis

Awards
Hey mate, for trt and blast cycle I choose aromasin for my ai over arimidex. Purely due to the fact that aromasin is much more friendly to lipid profile. Arimidex has been shown to decrease hdl and increase ldl. Just my 2 cents bud.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Don’t know if it would make a difference, but That dose used in the clinical trial was only 3mg, but I am going to be taking 25 mg.
more significant suppression....

LGD shouldn't aromatize either.

some people believe that the gyno is due to a decrease in SHBG, which frees up some bound E2. others think that the SARMs manage to activate the ER.... could be a bunk product, too.

I would have a SERM (nolva, ralox or tore) on hand to deal with gyno if it develops.....

Marco402

Awards
If you just started TRT why would you jump into another compound ? I would wait and get dialed in before jumping on anything.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

some people believe that the gyno is due to a decrease in SHBG, which frees up some bound E2. others think that the SARMs manage to activate the ER.... could be a bunk product, too.

I would have a SERM (nolva, ralox or tore) on hand to deal with gyno if it develops.....
Thanks for the valuable advice man! I will pick up some from the board sponsors. I am a rookie so excuse all the questions, but if it happens and I take the Serm should I also discontinue the cycle? Also, what dosage would you advise if I have to take the Serm?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you just started TRT why would you jump into another compound ? I would wait and get dialed in before jumping on anything.
I don’t believe the Ostarine would suppress my test readings since I am getting injections not producing it naturally, thus they wouldn’t interfere with the test readings the doctor is basing his decision on by suppressing them, is my reasoning correct?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I don’t believe the Ostarine would suppress my test readings since I am getting injections not producing it naturally, thus they wouldn’t interfere with the test readings the doctor is basing his decision on by suppressing them, is my reasoning correct?
well, it shouldn't affect things with your bloodwork too much, but it could mask possible side effects from starting your TRT.

I'd ride out the initial TRT gains before adding another compound, personally.

Reactions: Nac

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the valuable advice man! I will pick up some from the board sponsors. I am a rookie so excuse all the questions, but if it happens and I take the Serm should I also discontinue the cycle? Also, what dosage would you advise if I have to take the Serm?
well, I guess it depends how far along in you are with the SARM. kinda dependent on how it's going otherwise, goals, gains, etc....

for ralox, typically use 60 mg/day. nolva use 10-20 mg/day. and tore use 60 mg/day

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288103-info-serms.html

Marco402

Awards
The big thing is being honest and talk to your dr and ask any questions that you have. If a problem arises and your not being honest as to what you’re taking he can’t help fix the problem.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The big thing is being honest and talk to your dr and ask any questions that you have. If a problem arises and your not being honest as to what you’re taking he can’t help fix the problem.
I’m afraid the doctor might discontinue my treatment if I told him I plan on running anabolics with my trt or that he might insist I don’t do it. Also, they may record that in my medical record which could potentially effect health insurance claims down the road and things such as applying to increase my long term care insurance. I am at least going to wait to get my 1 month test and estrogen reading from the dr before starting the Ostarine. If those readings come back ok and I am dialed in on my test dose and won’t be tested for another 3 months or so then I will start my cycle. If he wants to adjust my dose and retest me in a month or so or if my estrogen is high then iI will wait to take the Ostarine.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I am reading conflicting info on gyno related to Ostarine. If it is caused by E2 rising from a decrease in Shbp why would an ai not
be effective if it lowers estrogen? Several companies selling it advise in the user guide to have one on hand. What is the advantage of a serm over an ai for this purpose? Again, not saying your wrong, but would like to know.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My trt weekly. This Thursday will be my third shot. Goal is to get me from my initial reading that was 400 to the upper range of normal (800 to 950). I am supposed to get retested after one month. To be honest, not sure how many mg a week they are currently giving me. I will ask on Thursday. I didn’t want to ask right off the bat because I thought I might appear like a drug seeker.[/QUOTE]

Always ask how much test they are giving you! Asking basic questions like that wont make you look like a drug seeker...always good to know what someone is injecting in to your body man! Its most likely 100mg...could be slightly more or less though. Ask.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My trt weekly. This Thursday will be my third shot. Goal is to get me from my initial reading that was 400 to the upper range of normal (800 to 950). I am supposed to get retested after one month. To be honest, not sure how many mg a week they are currently giving me. I will ask on Thursday. I didn’t want to ask right off the bat because I thought I might appear like a drug seeker.[/QUOTE]

Always ask how much test they are giving you! Asking basic questions like that wont make you look like a drug seeker...always good to know what someone is injecting in to your body man! Its most likely 100mg...could be slightly more or less though. Ask.
Your right. Got my weekly shot today and asked. It is 150 mg per week. This week I am going on an extended vacation so I won’t be able to get my weekly shot for 2 weeks so they gave me 225. Hopefully I don’t feel like total crap toward the end of the 2nd week!

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am reading conflicting info on gyno related to Ostarine. If it is caused by E2 rising from a decrease in Shbp why would an ai not
be effective if it lowers estrogen? Several companies selling it advise in the user guide to have one on hand. What is the advantage of a serm over an ai for this purpose? Again, not saying your wrong, but would like to know.
Would be smart to have AI on hand and monitor closely. If you have symptoms start the AI. AI lowers circulating E2. Serm doesnt lower E2 just prevents it from binding to tissue.

Nolva would be only used if you didnt stop it with the AI in time.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Would be smart to have AI on hand and monitor closely. If you have symptoms start the AI. AI lowers circulating E2. Serm doesnt lower E2 just prevents it from binding to tissue.

Nolva would be only used if you didnt stop it with the AI in time.
Thanks! Sounds like it is best to have both on hand with the Serm as the back up if things get really messy!

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your right. Got my weekly shot today and asked. It is 150 mg per week. This week I am going on an extended vacation so I won’t be able to get my weekly shot for 2 weeks so they gave me 225. Hopefully I don’t feel like total crap toward the end of the 2nd week!
I actually felt like crap after my second shot...not sure if my estrogen went up or what, but after my third shot (which is all ive had so far) I felt much better. Im guessing my hormones are balancing out a bit now...

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would hold off on running anything until after you get your labwork done, not sure when your doctor will want to do that, but mine will be at the 6 week mark. Best to see how your body is responding to the testosterone (test and estro, as well as hemoglobin and PSA levels)….Adding in anything else that messes with your hormones will f up the bloodwork.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would hold off on running anything until after you get your labwork done, not sure when your doctor will want to do that, but mine will be at the 6 week mark. Best to see how your body is responding to the testosterone (test and estro, as well as hemoglobin and PSA levels)….Adding in anything else that messes with your hormones will f up the bloodwork.
Ya I am going to hold off. First bloodwork is supposed to be a month in. If your bloodwork comes back ok you plan on running anything or you going to see what gains you can get on the trt alone first?

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya I am going to hold off. First bloodwork is supposed to be a month in. If your bloodwork comes back ok you plan on running anything or you going to see what gains you can get on the trt alone first?
Im planning on running some LGD after the labs! May add in some low dosed DMZ as well, havent decided. But gotta say, its amazing what test alone will do, I havent changed my diet at all and Ive gained 5lbs and toning up a bit just from 3 weeks on trt! I'm sure its all do to glycogen storage but Ill take it!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shutdown from Mk2866 is dose and duration dependent. 12.5mg can be run for quite a while with little to no suppression.

It also doesn't aromitase or increase prolactin, which shouldn't increase either if estrogen is in good shape.

Dunno any possible way it could cause gyno issues.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im planning on running some LGD after the labs! May add in some low dosed DMZ as well, havent decided. But gotta say, its amazing what test alone will do, I havent changed my diet at all and Ive gained 5lbs and toning up a bit just from 3 weeks on trt! I'm sure its all do to glycogen storage but Ill take it!
I agree! I am only 2 weeks in. I am cutting. I have glycogen storage too because the first week I was dieting at only 2200 calories, but didn’t lose any weight! 2nd week cutting lost a half percent body fat in a week!

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree! I am only 2 weeks in. I am cutting. I have glycogen storage too because the first week I was dieting at only 2200 calories, but didn’t lose any weight! 2nd week cutting lost a half percent body fat in a week!
Yeah its crazy. Makes me wonder what kind of gains I would have been able to achieve if my test was at normal levels years ago. Really strange since I havent been hitting the gym lately along with not changing my diet, yet my wife last night said "holy guns dude!"
Cant wait to run LGD. Hopefully my PSA hasn't changed, but only bloodwork will tell. Really wish I could run some Arimadex right now as my nips have been feeling sensitive lately, but my doc said he wont prescribe me any till after the labwork, I have some from MAresearch but probably best that I hold off so I can really see what the test is doing to estrogen.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah its crazy. Makes me wonder what kind of gains I would have been able to achieve if my test was at normal levels years ago. Really strange since I havent been hitting the gym lately along with not changing my diet, yet my wife last night said "holy guns dude!"
Cant wait to run LGD. Hopefully my PSA hasn't changed, but only bloodwork will tell. Really wish I could run some Arimadex right now as my nips have been feeling sensitive lately, but my doc said he wont prescribe me any till after the labwork, I have some from MAresearch but probably best that I hold off so I can really see what the test is doing to estrogen.
Yes I would definetly hold off. My doctor didn’t put me on an ai either. If you don’t need one it is healthier not to have one.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes I would definetly hold off. My doctor didn’t put me on an ai either. If you don’t need one it is healthier not to have one.
Yeah true. Even if my estro is on the high side, ill most likely try to switch to 2x per week injections. Ive heard that it can keep levels decent and lots of guys have dropped their AI with that protocol.

Marco402

Awards
Is the dr going to have you start doing self injections at all? Also is he going to stretch out office visits? The only reason I ask is I go every 3 months and if he pushes you out that far it would give you enough time to run a decent cycle before having to do follow up blood work.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the dr going to have you start doing self injections at all? Also is he going to stretch out office visits? The only reason I ask is I go every 3 months and if he pushes you out that far it would give you enough time to run a decent cycle before having to do follow up blood work.
Im doing self injections now, did the first two injections in his office. He told me the first labwork is at 6 weeks then after that every 6 months (as long as there are no problems with the first bloodwork or the dosage of Test needs to be raised/lowered)

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I plan on running LGD right after the first labs are done

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah true. Even if my estro is on the high side, ill most likely try to switch to 2x per week injections. Ive heard that it can keep levels decent and lots of guys have dropped their AI with that protocol.
I have to go to my doctors office for my shots and I travel 15 to 17 weeks a year so once a week is the most frequent I can do. At least it is better protocol than folks who get shots every other week though. What test level is your doctor wanting to get you to? I have a progressive doctor. He wants me to be in the upper level of normal 800 to 950.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to go to my doctors office for my shots and I travel 15 to 17 weeks a year so once a week is the most frequent I can do. At least it is better protocol than folks who get shots every other week though. What test level is your doctor wanting to get you to? I have a progressive doctor. He wants me to be in the upper level of normal 800 to 950.
Yeah between 800 and 1000 haha, hes pretty damn chill. He mainly considers how I feel and not just what the blood work says.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The ability to do self injections was my selling point, otherwise id have to drive an hour to his office once a week...no thanks. I got a busy work schedule that's ever changing so that would have gotten old fast. I just have my wife give me the injections now, she actually did a better job than the doc, no PIP at all surprisingly!

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The ability to do self injections was my selling point, otherwise id have to drive an hour to his office once a week...no thanks. I got a busy work schedule that's ever changing so that would have gotten old fast. I just have my wife give me the injections now, she actually did a better job than the doc, no PIP at all surprisingly!
Ya if you do it at home I would
do it twice a week. I’m a wimp...don’t think I can pin myself. Good thing your wife does it for you. I have to drive 30 minutes each way.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ya if you do it at home I would
do it twice a week. I’m a wimp...don’t think I can pin myself. Good thing your wife does it for you. I have to drive 30 minutes each way.
Man hopefully eventually your doc will let you do it at home...If so, you could do thigh injections, once you get over the fear!

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
well, I don't think the SHBG theory is really valid.

yes, Ostarine lowers SHBG significantly. but it also lowers E2 significantly. and more interestingly enough, SHBG has a much greater binding affinity to DHT and then testosterone and then finally E2. so although a decrease in SHBG might increase circulating E2, it would only come up after becoming unbound from the aforementioned androgens.

if E2 rises, then an AI would be effective. but we also know that Ostarine does not raise E2....

^and, AI's also decrease SHBG, so taking them with Ostarine would theoretically exacerbate the problem, if that is the mechanism at work... and with the SARM and AI lowering E2, this would feel horrible and cause some serious health issues.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/288969-info-ais.html

IMO, if the SHBG theory is valid, then a SERM would need to be the first line method of treatment over an AI.

however, I know several of us here are under the impression that most of the SARM products on the market have something else in them that is causing this issue....

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im doing self injections now, did the first two injections in his office. He told me the first labwork is at 6 weeks then after that every 6 months (as long as there are no problems with the first bloodwork or the dosage of Test needs to be raised/lowered)
Man with visits only every 6 months it will be easy to plan cycles!