Prepping with out traditional cardio

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hello all. I'm thinking of doing this prep with the stairmaster or treadmill. Instead im thinking of returning to my roots and doing must Thai for my cardio. Must Thai burns a ton of calories while giving a full body workout. What do you guys think

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The reason for traditional cardio for bb’ers is so the can control their heart rate and focus primarily on beta oxidation (fat burning zone) without burning through precious muscle glycogen which will happen with heart rates in the higher range.
Hiit can be more effective at fat loss than steady state cardio, but it’s a fine line you’ll have to play with.
Too little and you won’t have maximin fat loss, too much and you burn through glycogen and effect size and strength.
It usually ends up being easier to just walk on the stair master for 20min every day.

If you have a trainer ( which if you’re serious about B.B.’ing an lifting you should) it can be easier as they can keep track of the times ( rest and work) and push you.

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude I stepped on stage with absolutely zero cardio my last show.. but I weight train 2 hour sessions 7 days a week.. high intensity, high volume heaveybweight etc..

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude I stepped on stage with absolutely zero cardio my last show.. but I weight train 2 hour sessions 7 days a week.. high intensity, high volume heaveybweight etc..
Me too, I’m also 1/2 Irish, 1/2 Cherokee, 1/2 Jamaican, with a PhD in physics.....

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This all depends on your body and how it reacts to training. I know several people who don't use traditional cardio to burn calories. I don't see why if it works for you you couldn't do it.