Ostarine 6mg a day; Expectations?

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Hi Everyone,

I did research and decided to do Ostarine.

The chemist I got it from in China gives it in a dropper. One dropper is equivalent to 50 mg.

I do one half, of one half, of one half. That comes out to about 6-9 mg per day.

I know it's a low dose, but a little more was zooming out my vision, making me anxious, and giving mild chest pain (perhaps heartburn?).

1. My goal is just to get back the muscle I used to have, before a disc herniation.

2. Honestly, I do not notice much in the gym, after having tried it for one week.

On even 10 mg a day of oxandrolone, you can double your work volume, do squats every day, etc. On this, I notice no difference in energy or strength levels. I simply notice my stabilizer muscles are a little stronger.

3. Interestingly, the only benefit I see is that I am satiated quicker. I normally always finish what I am eating. Here, I tend to stop when I am almost finished. That may mean only 10% difference in caloric intake. But, over 3-6 months, that may be something.

4. I will get my bloodwork done. The thing I worry about most is loss of fertility. Is there any chance of permanent loss, even on this low dose?

What can I do to stop this, as I want kids.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You won’t notice anything out of the norm. Sounds like a waste to me

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’d be just flabbergasted if a month or so of 10mg/day Ostarine affected your fertility in any way. I’ve heard dozens of stories of top level bodybuilders, powerlifters and athletes that have been on multiple steroids year round, took a couple month break, knocked up the Ms, and got back on their gear. While I wouldn’t advise this method, it seems like many have used it successfully. It all comes down to what your real priorities are. If you really want kids more than anything, do a year or so of research on how to use hormones and still achieve that goal. Or wait. Trust me when I tell you, there’s lots of time. I’m turning 40 and I’m in fantastic shape and thoroughly enjoying responsible steroid use in my middle age years. I’m glad I didn’t really mess with them much in my 20s

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I run it at the human study dosage of 3mg/day. IIRC the study ran for at least 12 weeks at 1mg and 3mg per day doses. When I ran it at that dose it improved several health markers and I saw a modest improvement in protein synthesis. I am on doc prescribed TRT, so I was not worried, nor did I check, for any shutdown. Here is my before/after lab work (after 1 month of Osta 3mg/day).

Osta Labs.png

I use it for cruising between cycles and just when I don't want to run anything heavy (especially if I have an upcoming lab work scheduled by my doctor). But for your purposes I am not sure if it will do what you are looking for.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’d love to see more lab work like this at even higher doses of different Sarms. Already invested in a few but currently enjoying my current blast as it hasn’t trashed my lipids or RBC yet. But with peptides and quality sources for IGF and Sarms getting better, it’s an exciting time to be middle age, constantly growing and getting leaner every day.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
I’d love to see more lab work like this at even higher doses of different Sarms. Already invested in a few but currently enjoying my current blast as it hasn’t trashed my lipids or RBC yet. But with peptides and quality sources for IGF and Sarms getting better, it’s an exciting time to be middle age, constantly growing and getting leaner every day.
Here is my lab work after 12 weeks of LGD (11 at 8mg/day, the last at 16mg/day)

LGD Labs.png

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the bloodwork, Sparkss.

1. At least from you, I do see a total decrease in the heart monitors of HDL/LDL/VLDL. To me, that just shows less cholesterol total, meaning less stress on the heart.

2. Did you check your TRT?

3. Did you check your fertility?

4. What have your results been? My guess is that you gained a small amount of muscle mass and strength. In turn, that resulted in less fat.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Is LGD supposed to have some mild liver elevation with it? Nothing drastic but if someone like you or I is using between cycles it may raise concerns. Otherwise not bad though.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Did you had something for liver protection during this cycle?
TUDCA, NAC...?
No, I had thought that LGD was not hepatoxic. I was taking NAC (part of my normal supp stack), but no TUDCA or any other liver supps.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the bloodwork, Sparkss.

1. At least from you, I do see a total decrease in the heart monitors of HDL/LDL/VLDL. To me, that just shows less cholesterol total, meaning less stress on the heart.

2. Did you check your TRT?

3. Did you check your fertility?

4. What have your results been? My guess is that you gained a small amount of muscle mass and strength. In turn, that resulted in less fat.
I actually had a conversation with my doctor about lipid values and he showed me a calculator that the doctors use. The difference in the "percent risk" from the lower versus higher values that I have recorded were insignificant. I was not tracking BP during that cycle either, that was before I "knew better", but BP is much more impactful than lipids.

Yes, I was tracking my test/estro, but as I am on TRT those values are/were not affected by the LGD or Osta.

For fertility, I will be 51 shortly. The last thing I am thinking about is adding another member to our family :). In fact I have been seriously considering getting snipped.

That LGD run was OK, but I did not get the results I have seen from others logs. I did blow up, but a lot of it was water and some fat. Maybe I just needed a higher dose for a shorter run (with better support supps!). I honestly have just not felt the urge to run LGD again, despite having a stock of it.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
Is LGD supposed to have some mild liver elevation with it? Nothing drastic but if someone like you or I is using between cycles it may raise concerns. Otherwise not bad though.
Was this directed at me? If so, I never said I ran LGD in between cycles, I only run Osta between cycles. Sorry for any confusion. And as the blood work I posted shows LGD does impact liver markers, at least for me it did, and I have read a few others as well.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No it was assumption on my part since that’s what I’m considering doing with various Sarms potentially. There’s just so many reports of labs that don’t look too great(especially since so many bunked or PH-laced Sarms have hit the market) Yours look quite a bit more promising though. My main concern is Hematocrit/Hemoglobin, RBC, and liver enzymes since I am blasting/cruising and need to be mindful of them long term. Especially since genetically I’m higher risk for clots.