LGD 4033 and MK 677 - Why is this stack so popular? (article, discussion)

mad_canada

mad_canada

Awards
The following was published to my website earlier today and I thought I would share here.

The site has better formatting, links to citations and some photos about the FDA trial process, but all the text is here if you don't want to click the site located here:

The LGD-4033 MK-677 Stack, the Most Powerful and Popular SARM Stack. Why is it so Popular?

LGD 4033 and MK 677 Stack, the Most Popular SARMS Stack ExplainedEdit

By*admin*|*May 11, 2018*|*0*

The LGD-4033 MK-677 Stack is one of the most popular stacks on the internet, but ever wonder why?
The truth about the lgd-4033 mk-677 stack is that it is as effective as it is relatively fun and safe to run, but why does everyone do this SARM stack and why is it so popular?

Disclaimer*– SARMS and mk-677 are research chemicals and are not sport supplements. They lack comprehensive testing and are not fully investigated by the FDA. This website and the td authors do not recommend or suggest that you take SARMS. Do not use SARMS on human beings or yourself and use them only in a research lab setting.

Table of Contents

LGD 4033 – A Potent Muscle Building SARM

LGD 4033 (also known as vk-5211) is a powerful selective androgen receptor modular that helps to grow muscle by increasing activity at only the muscle androgen receptor site, leading to increases in muscle strength and size and leading to very little side effect other than that of slight lethargy and testicular shrinkage due to a suppression of your bodies natural testosterone levels.

MK-677 – A Powerful Growth Hormone Stimulator

We have covered mk 677 extensively on this site before (read the guide here), and mk-677 is a great option for anyone looking to put on muscle or lose bodyfat.
It stimulates growth hormone in pulses throughout the day and will have an overall positive impact on all markers of health and fitness.

Why is LGD-4033 and MK-677 Such a Popular Stack combination?

The short (albeit incomplete) answer is “because they work,” however I will put fourth a different reason as to why these two specific research chemicals are so commonly used together.
The extensive research behind both lgd-4033 and mk-677 make them the compound stack of choice for many.
Let’s take a closer look at lgd-4033 and mk-677.

Background Terminology*– understand the different stages of drug testing with this infographic from the FDA itself.
Drugs enter different stages before they are released, and must pass*three stages*before they can be approved for sale to consumers.

[https://i2]
[https://i2]

Extensive Research on LGD-4033 / VK-5211

MK-677 and LGD-4033 are not “new” by any means. Yes, in terms of established drugs like anabolic steroids (deca, anavar, testosterone) they are relative babies, yet they’ve been around some time, at least enough to have hard data on their dosing, results, and side effects.
If you search the web for the term. Lgd-4033 you get a myriad of results from fitness blogs, bodybuilding forums and storefronts selling the product for research.
Search however for VK-5211 and your results will largely be about human trials and financial quarterly results for a company called Viking Pharmaceuticals.
Of all the SARMS in the world lgd-4033 (which has been purchased by Viking Pharmaceuticals) has some of the most extensive research available.

Proven Benefits of LGD-4033 / VK-5211

Viking has completed phase 2 trials of the compound for hip fracture patients, and the official studies on human beings make it very popular over fat more experimental SARMS.
LINK TO VIKING PRESS RELEASES ON PHASE 2 STUDIES OF VK 5211/LGD 4033
From the Viking Press Release:
Dated December of 2017
A total of 108 patients were randomized to receive once-daily VK5211 doses of 0.5 mg, 1.0 mg, 2.0 mg, or placebo for 12 weeks. Top-line results include:

All doses of VK5211 demonstrated*statistically significant increases in total lean body mass,less head, the study’s primary endpoint. Placebo-adjusted increases in lean body mass were 4.8% at 0.5 mg (p < 0.005), 7.2% at 1.0 mg (p < 0.001), and 9.1% at 2.0 mg (p < 0.001). These corresponded to placebo-adjusted increases of 1.6 kg at 0.5 mg (p < 0.005), 2.5 kg at 1.0 mg (p < 0.001), and 3.1 kg at 2.0 mg (p < 0.001).

The proportion of patients experiencing at least a 5% increase in total lean body mass, less head, were*19% with placebo, 61% at 0.5 mg, 65% at 1.0 mg, and 75% at 2.0 mg (p < 0.01 for each).The proportion of patients demonstrating at least a 2.0 kg gain in total lean body mass, less head, were 14% with placebo, 57% at 0.5 mg, 65% at 1.0 mg, and 81% at 2.0 mg (p < 0.01 for each).

All doses of VK5211 produced statistically significant increases in appendicular lean body mass, a secondary efficacy endpoint. Placebo-adjusted increases in appendicular lean body mass were 6.1% at 0.5 mg (p < 0.01), 9.0% at 1.0 mg (p < 0.001), and 10.2% at 2.0 mg (p < 0.001). These corresponded to placebo-adjusted increases of 0.8 kg at 0.5 mg (p < 0.05), 1.3 kg at 1.0 mg (p < 0.001), and 1.4 kg at 2.0 mg (p < 0.001).

All doses of VK5211 produced statistically significant increases in total lean body mass, including head, a secondary efficacy endpoint.*Placebo-adjusted increases in lean body mass were 4.7% at 0.5 mg (p < 0.005), 6.8% at 1.0 mg (p < 0.001), and 8.3% at 2.0 mg (p < 0.001). These corresponded to placebo-adjusted increases of 1.7 kg at 0.5 mg (p < 0.005), 2.6 kg at 1.0 mg (p < 0.001), and 3.1 kg at 2.0 mg (p < 0.001).

Patients receiving VK5211 demonstrated numerical improvements in certain exploratory assessments of functional performance, including the 6-minute walk test and short physical performance battery, compared with placebo. These endpoints were not powered for significance. Further evaluation of exploratory functional endpoints is underway.

There were no significant differences in the rates of adverse events reported among patients receiving VK5211 compared with placebo. There were no dose-related differences in reported adverse events among various VK5211 treatment groups. No drug-related SAEs were observed in patients receiving VK5211.

The removal of the unknown makes it popular for use in research.
Low and known side effects? Proven research that is vetted by clinical studies by the actual manufacturer?
These all add to the appeal of lgd-4033 and lends to its popularity.

MK-677, an orally active growth hormone secretagogue

In 1998, a drug entered and was stopped in stage three clinical testing.
Before the trials were suspended, many different clinical studies and papers were documented.
MK 677 is a unique HGH (human growth hormone) secretegoge which is made to elevate GH and igf-1 (growth hormone, insulin like growth factor) over the course of a day without the need for injections.
Although I’ve researched, I cannot find a valid reason*why*mk 677 was suddenly stopped in late stage clinical trials, but the facts remains:

MK 677 has*extensive testing*in human subjects.

MK 677 made it to stage three trials, which is actually one stage further than the current status of lgd-4033

The benefits of mk-677 are not directly muscle related but are synergistic to any goals that someone researching lgd-4033 may have.

MK 677 is Synergistic to LGD-4033 and Other Anabolic Compounds
It could be argued that mk 677 is actually complimentary to any anabolic cycle of drugs.
That is true, being that the elevated GH and IGF1 will help fat burning and muscle building.
This is a good reason enough to stack mk-677 with something like lgd-4033.
If you can enhance lgd-4033, why wouldn’t you aim to do so?

MK-677 is Convenient to Dose

As discussed in our mk 677 guide (located here), mk 677 is convenient to take and can be added to any routine being that it does not require needles, syringes or injections like traditional HGH therapy.
That ease of use make it easy to try and manage for someone looking for the benefits of GH in a convenient form factor.

The Benefits of MK 677 are ALSO Proven

Compliments to anabolic cycles and ease of use aside, mk 677 is proven to work and help subjects.
Studies have shown (click to read studies)

MK-677 reversed diet induced muscle loss (as in spares muscle during a diet)

MK 677 reduced fat mass and increased muscle with out any dietary changes in the course of one year use.

MK 677 helps to heal bones after fracture and expedite recovery after injury

For more on mk 677 see*THIS ARTICLE

What Results Can You Expect?

So long as training and diet are properly in check, users can expect strength and muscle gains while stacking lgd 4033 and MK 677.

Disclaimer*– once again, SARMS are not supplements and thus website fully states that they should not be used for human consumption. The following is a timeline for the theoretical results of the lgd-4033 mk-677 stack.

In research, your mileage may vary with research compounds and experiences.
Users may also experience a slight fat loss effect, but this is of course dependant on the diet. Fat loss largely depends on calories, and it should be noted that even professional bodybuilders on real anabolic steroids need to eat less food than they need in order to lose bodyfat.

Weeks 1-2

In the first week of using the lgd-4033 mk-677 stack, users will feel the effects of mk-677 nearly immediately.
Water weight gains, fuller muscles, deeper sleep and all the side effects (good or bad) discussed in our mk-677 article located here will become noticeable within a few days of starting mk 677.
LGD 4033 will be less noticeable, with any effects being largely placebo.
One effect that may be evident is insomnia, as lgd-4033 users report having trouble sleeping in the first week or two on lgd 4033.

Weeks 2-4

After the initiation of the lgd-4033 mk-677 stack, users will feel some strength and endurance gains during exercise with more water retention possible due to the lgd-4033 starting to take effect.
Muscle gains will be happening as well so long as a weight training routine is in place and diet is sufficient.
MK-677 side effects should decrease and in time users wiki hopefully have the timing of their dosing down to something which works for them without excessive lethargy during the waking hours.

Week 4 and Onward

Week four is said to be when lgd-4033 “kicks in” however each body reacts differently to each compound.
Users who are not excessively fat should see veins under the skin, even if just dark lines that do not push up against the skin.
Muscles will be fuller, and weight gain should be evident as well as strength increases in the gym.
Libido should be high, but citing the above “your mileage may vary” disclaimer, some may see no change or a complete loss of libido altogether.

Adverse Side Effects Stage (weeks 3, 4, and onward)

It is at week four or shortly thereafter (sometimes as early as week three) when most people researching with lgd-4033 will feel any symptoms of testosterone suppression.
In our mega article SARMS and Testosterone Suppression and Shutdown we cover these side effects which may include

Lethargy

Lack of libido

Negative changes to mood

Sleep disruptions

If this is the case, you should consider running a SERM for the remainder of your cycle, or consider dropping the cycle and seeking blood work through a medical lab and if necessary* medical intervention in extreme cases.
This is not due to the mk 677, but is due to the testosterone mimicking action of the lgd-4033, so you can continue with your mk-677 if you choose to do so.

Conclusion on the LGD 4033 and MK 677 Stack

It seems obvious that the draw of the lgd-4033 and mk 677 is the results promised, however clearly the research conducted by both the creators of the drugs themselves and many people conducting independent research has added to the allure of the lgd-4033 mk-677 stack.
If your training and dieting are efficient and on point, your results can be excellent when using this combination.
Like all bodybuilding and fitness routines, your results will depend on your own dedication and time spent on your program, both in the gym and the kitchen.
Also remember that SARMS are not for human consumption, they are research chemicals and should be used in a research setting only.
This site does not recommend using any supplements that are not fully investigated and approved by the FDA, and SARMS are not vetted by the FDA.

C

Charlesw617

Awards
I'm in my 7th week of my 8 week cycle of Lgd4033 and Mk677 and I can say everything in this article is absolutely true when you stack them, except my lethargy hangs around throughout my whole cycle though, but everybody reacts differently to it. Ive ran 30mg of Mk677 solo for 3 months before I added Lgd, just to see how I react to it, then 7 weeks ago I stacked 15mg of Lgd4033 with it and the gains were awesome so far Ive gained 11 pounds. Its like when I first started 10 years ago and I'm making my newbie gains all over again... well my newbie gains didn't come this fast but you know what i mean

mad_canada

mad_canada

Awards
I'm in my 7th week of my 8 week cycle of Lgd4033 and Mk677 and I can say everything in this article is absolutely true when you stack them, except my lethargy hangs around throughout my whole cycle though, but everybody reacts differently to it. Ive ran 30mg of Mk677 solo for 3 months before I added Lgd, just to see how I react to it, then 7 weeks ago I stacked 15mg of Lgd4033 with it and the gains were awesome so far Ive gained 11 pounds. Its like when I first started 10 years ago and I'm making my newbie gains all over again... well my newbie gains didn't come this fast but you know what i mean
Thanks for reading it.

E

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
I have no idea why this stack is popular. The lethargy doesn't need to accompany a LGD/MK677 cycle. A test base should be run throughout to avoid these sides.

C

Charlesw617

Awards
It helped me out due to the increased hunger and faster recovery, not to mention it helps with maintaining muscle mass. I personally didnt want to run too many suppressive compounds at once, but like anything you gotta weigh the pros and cons and to me the pros outweigh the cons and as long as I don't sit down on the couch for too long I won't doze off lol.

But in my next cycle I may add some havoc to my next lgd4033,mk677 stack
I have no idea why this stack is popular. The lethargy doesn't need to accompany a LGD/MK677 cycle. A test base should be run throughout to avoid these sides.

T

thaifoon90

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just started this stack last Friday. But I also added 330mg of 4 Andro as a test base. Excited for the incoming gainz.

E

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
No don't stack Havoc with MK677/LGD. Epistane is a dry compound which will only add to sides. A test base is a wet compound. You want to see some conversion to estrogen so you don't feel like crap. If you can't get testosterone you have options such as dermacrine/4AD and TD trest. I'd go with 4 andro personally. Trest is very potent and may add a host of sides. Running at base doses you should be okay though.

C

Charlesw617

Awards
I actually looked into this further and realized what I said was just a recipe for even more lethargic side than I already have now.

But 4andro as a test base would fit my needs perfectly, thankfully I'm not prone to estrogen side effects. But this lethargy has been with me at least 6 of the 8 week cycle, so now I know I'm one of those guys that needs a test base. But I've been taking 10mg of GW in the mornings of my gym days to combat how tired I get in the evenings.
No don't stack Havoc with MK677/LGD. Epistane is a dry compound which will only add to sides. A test base is a wet compound. You want to see some conversion to estrogen so you don't feel like crap. If you can't get testosterone you have options such as dermacrine/4AD and TD trest. I'd go with 4 andro personally. Trest is very potent and may add a host of sides. Running at base doses you should be okay though.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Trest is very potent and may add a host of sides.
That's why you start at low dose and work your way up. Even 10mg/day trest transdermally would provide a sufficient test base, IMO.

People run 50mg a day injectable and of course they will have estrogen spikes. Hell even 25mg a day is probably like running 50-100mg a day of testosterone.

A

amartich

Awards
Started this combo yesterday. Can’t wait to see results. Doing 10mg of each LGD/MK for 6 weeks as a newbie, don’t want to rush things. Thinking of following OSTA after then PCT.

Great article!!!

mad_canada

mad_canada

Awards
Started this combo yesterday. Can’t wait to see results. Doing 10mg of each LGD/MK for 6 weeks as a newbie, don’t want to rush things. Thinking of following OSTA after then PCT.

Great article!!!
Thank you for the feedback, best of luck with the stack.

A

amartich

Awards
Quick question, should I skip the weekend on these or use them all 7 maybe 6 days of the week? I normally workout Monday to Friday sometime on Saturday.

Thanks,

AP

C

Charlesw617

Awards
It all depends on how your body tolerates it, the GH pulses can tire some people out and the increased Hunger can be too much for some as well. I personally take it everyday in the morning the GH pulses don't affect me at all and the increase hunger is a blessing.
Quick question, should I skip the weekend on these or use them all 7 maybe 6 days of the week? I normally workout Monday to Friday sometime on Saturday.

Thanks,

AP