Strength: Other Than Trenbolone

S.C.

Awards
Hey guys,

I have been continuing my research, and I have came to the conclusion that most steroids known for strength gains have very bad reputations, besides anavar. Even tren does to an extent. I don't want to include trenbolone in every one of my cycles, as I want to vary a bit.

So my question is, with the only purpose being strength gains (mass is of no concern), what steroid would be your first choice to use aside from tren? You must keep in mind that this is a long time venture, so the retainability of the gains is of prime importance.

I had anavar, anadrol, and tren in my mind as my top three choices, but I am learning more and more that anadrol's strength increases are supposed to decrease very fast off cycle (because a lot of it is due to the increased water retention and other factors that are found on cycle). That leaves me with tren and anavar, and anavar is a very mild strength enhancer. So I am quite confused on what to do here. I would ask other strength atheletes but most of them prefer not to discuss the matter.

Thanks a lot,

S.C.

ANewbie

Awards
Strength

If by strength, you mean functional strength, a.k.a. power, then the chemical part of the equation is less than 1/2 of the whole. The human form has many homeostatic systems in place, e.g., body temp. is fairly standard across the whole range. What drives functional strength above and beyond chemicals is something typically referred to as neurological entrainment.

For discussion purposes let's take the 25 % maximum potential power range as being the norm. Some literature notes World Class Power Lifters as operating in the 50 - 55 % range. Nature or nurture? No real definitive studies that conclusively "prove" more one than the other. There is a fair amount of evidence that indicates low sets, low reps, heavy weight produces a good increase in functional strength ... within the parameters of the move. If you are seeking transference of power increase by way of weight training to a specific target activity then that is something else all together.

What is to be found in the relevant literature indicates that a person can "coax" their body to "accept" a greater than normal force load and allow the homeostatic system(s) to reset at a higher level.

Little to none of this interests those who strive for a freaky appearance or feel compelled to max out their physique. IMO, playing amateur endocrinologist is a risky business so I tend to resort to chemicals for specific reasons with the intent that the end result will hold beyond their use. Kind of like slanting the World downward in order to build up momentum and then allowing it to return to level. The slope is just the take off point with momentum carrying over.

noctorum

Banned
Awards
The reason they all have bad sides is that androgenic steroids have a tendency to increase strength, and anabolic steroids have a tendency to increase mass.

Androgens often have less than desirable side effects as opposed to anabolics.

I read an article by a european trainer who said that moderate (normal) doses of androgens (especially) tren have almost no side effects, as long as it is *not* stacked with test. Test apparently multiplies the side effects of other steroids used in the stack.

bigcity

Awards
When I used halotestin My stegth gains went trough the roof

S.C.

Awards
If by strength, you mean functional strength, a.k.a. power, then the chemical part of the equation is less than 1/2 of the whole. The human form has many homeostatic systems in place, e.g., body temp. is fairly standard across the whole range. What drives functional strength above and beyond chemicals is something typically referred to as neurological entrainment.

For discussion purposes let's take the 25 % maximum potential power range as being the norm. Some literature notes World Class Power Lifters as operating in the 50 - 55 % range. Nature or nurture? No real definitive studies that conclusively "prove" more one than the other. There is a fair amount of evidence that indicates low sets, low reps, heavy weight produces a good increase in functional strength ... within the parameters of the move. If you are seeking transference of power increase by way of weight training to a specific target activity then that is something else all together.

What is to be found in the relevant literature indicates that a person can "coax" their body to "accept" a greater than normal force load and allow the homeostatic system(s) to reset at a higher level.

Little to none of this interests those who strive for a freaky appearance or feel compelled to max out their physique. IMO, playing amateur endocrinologist is a risky business so I tend to resort to chemicals for specific reasons with the intent that the end result will hold beyond their use. Kind of like slanting the World downward in order to build up momentum and then allowing it to return to level. The slope is just the take off point with momentum carrying over.
Not that I don't appreciate the response, but what the hell does this have to do with my choices of steroids for strength increases?

S.C.

Awards
Thanks for the replies. I think it is important to stack test with the androgenic steroids, especially tren, since it shuts you down pretty hard.

bigcity: You were willing to risk your liver with halo? How keepable were the gains? Do you think it was worth it? Any sides to report?

I don't see halo being spoken about much. I thought it was absolutely not an option due to it being the closest thing to liver cancer lol.

noctorum

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the replies. I think it is important to stack test with the androgenic steroids, especially tren, since it shuts you down pretty hard.
There are other options rather than test to keep libido up. Try a tren/optional var cycle, you won't regret the strength gains, and you'll have half the sides. Keep going with an AI and you won't even get the bloat.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
SC, just wondering how old are you? And what is the adversion to using a pin?

S.C.

Awards
And what is the adversion to using a pin?
I have no aversion to pins whatsoever. Tren is my favourite drug, and I believe test should be the base for every cycle. Im just asking for alternatives to tren so I can add a little variety to my cycles.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Still didn't answer my question about your age SC

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
It's funny I was just thinking about converting my 12g of 5AA-cyp. :cool: