Estimate: How many people/ athletes use gear?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Anybody have any compelling data as to how many people use gear? Not talking about sarms/ pro hormones but actual steroids.

Everything i come across states like 3% of the population or around there. Then you see like every single day during football season a guy is suspended for PED’s. I understand its difficult data to extrapolate but im curious if there are any estimates as to how many people use or % of athletes that use.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would assume most professional athletes have used them at one point. Or know of some secret compound that no one tests for.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think it’s an easier question to consider by looking at set demographics of the population.

For example, if you consider those into health and fitness then most will be aware of the options and therefore make a choice as to whether to use or not.

When considering whole population your including people who wouldn’t even know enough to consider using (or are way too young/old etc) - I think it loses value as it’s an unconscious choice.

In the uk I would suggest the percentage of recreational gym goers who use is down under 10% (just anecdotal).....

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
98% of athletes. Not like we can give a good estimate because most won't get caught.

Big_Zeus166

Awards
Anybody have any compelling data as to how many people use gear? Not talking about sarms/ pro hormones but actual steroids.

Everything i come across states like 3% of the population or around there. Then you see like every single day during football season a guy is suspended for PED’s. I understand its difficult data to extrapolate but im curious if there are any estimates as to how many people use or % of athletes that use.
I'm a college football player, Most of us are running gear. MOST of the NCAA tests are fake. It's too expensive to PED test every athlete. That's why you rarely hear of college athletes getting busted. Also, on a football team they only select randomly 5-10 guys to get tested every year. I know of many guys on my team who were running gear got tested and nothing happened!

My mentor since I was in 8th grade was an NFL player for 5 years. He told me that 98% of the NFL is on PED's. The NFL selects a certain amount of players to get tested and they get an 8-MONTH notice of when they are going to be tested. So depending on what's being ran u can have it out ur system in 8 months!

High level college and pro athletes need the gear for recovery! People dont realize how much we train and how much of a beating our body's take.

Hope this helps let me know if u have any other questions!

Also, the NFL, NBA, & MLB have stricter policies on being caught with weed than steroids or PEDs in general!

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Wow interesting Big_Zeus166 !
What’s your take on NHL players...?

Funny thing about this thread,...I’m at a new Golds gym in a small town & I was counting tonite as I did my cardio warmup,...It was at least 8 outta 20 something guys (age 23-55ish) on legit gear...bodybuilders/strongmen.
It’s a boring town with hardly anything to do....Lotta guys are doin the sarms and ph’s, there’s a store in the mall that sells them!! Sadly I don’t think many of em’ know anything about pct...

Big_Zeus166

Awards
Wow interesting Big_Zeus166 !
What’s your take on NHL players...?

Funny thing about this thread,...I’m at a new Golds gym in a small town & I was counting tonite as I did my cardio warmup,...It was at least 8 outta 20 something guys (age 23-55ish) on legit gear...bodybuilders/strongmen.
It’s a boring town with hardly anything to do....Lotta guys are doin the sarms and ph’s, there’s a store in the mall that sells them!! Sadly I don’t think many of em’ know anything about pct...
I'm not sure on NHL players I'm not really into hockey. However, they are pro athletes, work really hard and their body's do take a beating. so I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of the NHL was on PEDs. I'm sure they are in the same boat as the NFL, NBA & MLB

aovereem

Awards
  • Established
In American pro sports, 75% drug users wouldn't surprise me. On Olympic level I think the numbers have gone down with WADA's new testing methods. Russians and eastern euros are still using the classic old drugs like t-bol and Winstrol and rely on manipulating the tests themselves. The Chinese I dunno what they're using but they were also kicked out from the international weightlifting competitions, so usage was obviously rampant. Americans have always been more of using advanced designers and research drugs. 90's early 2000 I'd say every American top Olympian was on BALCO designers or similar (those with the funds anyway) . There is not s single track and field world record or gold medal from the 90's done by a clean US athlete imo.

But there are also crazy strong guys that are nattys. One of my closest friends started lifting seriously with me at age 26
4 years later he was the national record holder and national Champ. He has also competed at IPF world's a bunch of times and medaled at the European champs. Dude is an absolute freak of nature, the strongest man I've ever known,and he is 100% drug free. I'm absolutely positive he would become the best in the world if he'd switch to the dark side...which he will never ever do.

aovereem

Awards
  • Established
One of my old teammates was drafted by Ottawa and attended their summer camp. At the end of the summer they were told to "get off"everything (if they were on anything) because the Senators NHL premiere would be held in Stockholm and players might risk being tested.

NHL players are tough as nails, but I'm sure many of them get a little extra from the medical team, considering how brutal the hockey season is.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just go and watch Icarus movie, it's documentary about PED's and how most of Russian athletes tested positive on them and did comepete again, even after that... The main doctor said that they were given a mixture of Tren, Anavar and Primo. Basicaly everything that athlete needs

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In theory everyone on higher level will use anything that could enhance their performance, including myself.... And I we talk about national teams, I bet that every country has a team of scientists for some sort of PES's, it's just the mater if there is yet test for that given compound or not....

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
Anyone on the elite/professional level is using. Anyone who has had an injury 100% has used hgh as well

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think Victor Conte said 60% of athletes playing at the college and professional level and over 90% of athletes who are in the top tier of their sport. He should know.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've got bros that are professional MMA fighters, with talent, but they are missing that athleticism that top tier fighters have, and its because they don't use gear. I tried to turn them on to some (free) gear before, but they always shut me down. One day they are going to learn.

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've got bros that are professional MMA fighters, with talent, but they are missing that athleticism that top tier fighters have, and its because they don't use gear. I tried to turn them on to some (free) gear before, but they always shut me down. One day they are going to learn.
I tried same thing brother... And they turned down the offer, now I'm surpassing everyone of them

Alchemist11

Alchemist11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I tried same thing brother... And they turned down the offer, now I'm surpassing everyone of them

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Everyone talking about “top tier” athletes using. So like Ezekiel Elliot, Michel Jordan, Adrian Peterson, Todd Gurley, Lebron James, Mike Vick.

You guys think all these guys use/used gear? They are all the top of their sport.

Also, for the guys who are in ncaa sports, do you guys only use during the season or is everyone just blasting and cruising non stop? Sees crazy to think all pro/ college athletes are blasting and cruising.

cody199477

Awards
  • Established
Everyone talking about “top tier” athletes using. So like Ezekiel Elliot, Michel Jordan, Adrian Peterson, Todd Gurley, Lebron James, Mike Vick.

You guys think all these guys use/used gear? They are all the top of their sport.

Also, for the guys who are in ncaa sports, do you guys only use during the season or is everyone just blasting and cruising non stop? Sees crazy to think all pro/ college athletes are blasting and cruising.
It’s not crazy at all, gear makes your bigger, stronger faster, longer endurance. Only pro sports where the percentage may not be as high of using gear is NBA but they all differently will use growth hormone for injury recover. Every one in the NFL definitely uses such as Michael Vick and Adrian Peterson. No reason for them not to, coaches get a heads up when the players will be tested. Lebron james clearly using GH

Big_Zeus166

Awards
It’s not crazy at all, gear makes your bigger, stronger faster, longer endurance. Only pro sports where the percentage may not be as high of using gear is NBA but they all differently will use growth hormone for injury recover. Every one in the NFL definitely uses such as Michael Vick and Adrian Peterson. No reason for them not to, coaches get a heads up when the players will be tested. Lebron james clearly using GH
Lebron James got caught going to Bio Genisis in Florida! If you dont know what Bio Genisis is Google it! Anyone that goes to Bio Genisis is on gear and HGH!

Big_Zeus166

Awards

I'm the College football player.

I know for a fact that AP is using gear. Also, all the other athletes u named are prolly on it too.

We dont blast and cruise in college. They dont in the NFL either. We just run cycles. I run 2 cycles a year!

One cycle In-Season, and one During Off-Season training. Once I'm done with a cycle I PCT. Then once I'm done with PCT I got get Bloods done. Once my body is back to normal I start my next cycle! That's what most football players do at the college and NFL level.

Now some NFL players only get 1 cycle in a year depending if they're selected for testing or not. Like I said in my previous post NFL players get an 8-MONTH Notice of when they are going to be tested!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There are thousands of clinics that support athletes. One down the street.
I've seen people walking out of his place and they're freaks of nature.

Big_Zeus166

Awards
Free gear huh? Well if u ever need to just get rid of some let me know ahaha! Dumb of ur friends to turn down free gear!

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I watched a high school football game the other day and couldn't believe the difference in size between those guys and college players. I mean a lot of it is better dieting and better training, but for sure gear plays a part. I grew in south africa where most guys played rugby and when we played bigger schools, you would just have to compete with guys who looked like monsters, those schools had the money to put all those kids on gear. I know it's hard to imagine everyone using, but as if to prove the point, mark ingram got caught yesterday.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
I watched a high school football game the other day and couldn't believe the difference in size between those guys and college players. I mean a lot of it is better dieting and better training, but for sure gear plays a part. I grew in south africa where most guys played rugby and when we played bigger schools, you would just have to compete with guys who looked like monsters, those schools had the money to put all those kids on gear. I know it's hard to imagine everyone using, but as if to prove the point, mark ingram got caught yesterday.
Thats what sparked the thread. Then i went and lookd at total nfl bans and its literally hundreds per season.... its crazy.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats what sparked the thread. Then i went and lookd at total nfl bans and its literally hundreds per season.... its crazy.
what's crazier to me is that you only get banned for 4 games in the nfl, in all other sports you'll get a few years.

Tank88

Tank88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you sure about that? This source says that first suspensions are:
MLB: 50 games
NBA: 10 games
NHL: 20 games
https://www.sports-reference.com/blog/professional-sports-leagues-steroid-policies/
Ok, i should've rephrased that, other sports outside the US. The most famous case in the last few years was Maria Sharapova, who got i think a year for using something that was on the banned list. She only got a year because she wasn't caught in testing, but came forward and admitted to using it.

Curiousmonkey

Curiousmonkey

Awards
98% of athletes. Not like we can give a good estimate because most won't get caught.
Highly unlikely. My unqualified estimate would be around 50%. I grew up playing football with two guys that are now in the nfl (Budda baker & Myles jack) . Even in junior football they were leaps and bounds more athletic than the rest of us. We’re talking about people that have been doing intense training since middle school and some freak athletes that wouldn’t even need to consider PEDs

FRITZBLITZZ

FRITZBLITZZ

Awards
When I played college football. There was not a single person that I knew that was not on some type of gear and I mean real gear.