Halodrol while on keto - a waste of time?!

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's up folks?!

With summer fast approaching, i'm looking to shed those last few pounds of unwanted bodyfat while ofcourse maintaining my hard earned muscle mass. I'm at about 11 to 12% bf atm and wanting to be around 8% by the time July hits.

I've been on a ketogenic diet since April 9th and am starting to see the abs pop through. :) Like the title says, I'm considering running a short (i.e. 5 to 6 weeks) cycle of Halodrol (i.e. Generic Labz' Mega-H) to ensure I hold on to my strength and LBM while I get rid of a few pounds of fat. Not wanting to get into the debate as to whether or not the long expired Mega-H is still good, I'm looking for opinions as to whether running it sounds like a good idea while continuing to employ a ketogenic diet and lift heavy. Or is it a complete waste of time and effort? Alternatively, I can save the Mega-H to run at a later date but since it is a rather mild compound, my logic is that it would be best employed on a cut/recomp than for mass building.

For context, I run 200mg/wk of testosterone cypionate as my TRT regimen (I'm 48 yrs old) and have done so for the last 5 years.

Appreciate any and all replies. Thanks in advance guys!!

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I don't see why it would be a waste at all. I think hdrol would be a great compound for trying to maintain muscle while cutting. The only problem I had with hdrol while cutting was that the back pumps significantly affected my ability to do cardio. Otherwise I think it would be a great compound.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Definitely not a waste... I would want to say it would still build some type of gains, at least keep your muscles full.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Forgot to say i was trying to decide between running 50 or 75mg per day...anyone have a recommendation?

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Forgot to say i was trying to decide between running 50 or 75mg per day...anyone have a recommendation?
I'd go with 75mgs but depending on the quality of the product you might be able to get away with 50mgs.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Considering the circumstances I would definitely run 75...there is a clear distinction for me between 50 and 75. The compound really shines at 75...its okay at 50.

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So day 3 on 75mg/d and all my muscles feel fuller. Is that even possible this early in the cycle? Or is it likely placebo??

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Halo hits me very fast. Might be placebo but at the rate it affects my workouts, vascularity and General sense of well being it seems too good to be placebo. Either way, I’ll take it.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So day 3 on 75mg/d and all my muscles feel fuller. Is that even possible this early in the cycle? Or is it likely placebo??
All orals have a very half short life so its entirely possible to see some changes early on

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Could be glycogen but Halo isn't really notorious from that early on. Usually Halo doesn't hit me until day 14-17. Embrace the placebo

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Halodrol is awesome. Just like Tbol.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
This converts to Tbol right? It’s not a waste

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Thoughts on running 75mg hdrol for 5 weeks alongside anavar for 8 weeks? Still have two bottles of LGI Hdrol. Shouldn't be too liver toxic with cycle assist?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thoughts on running 75mg hdrol for 5 weeks alongside anavar for 8 weeks? Still have two bottles of LGI Hdrol. Shouldn't be too liver toxic with cycle assist?
Don't like it cause they do similar things and var is ten times the price and a weaker muscle builder on top of that.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Don't like it cause they do similar things and var is ten times the price and a weaker muscle builder on top of that.
I personally love var and its quality mass. I'm asking for toxicity reasons not what type of results.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally love var and its quality mass. I'm asking for toxicity reasons not what type of results.
Obviously you can, people run drol for 10 weeks at 150mg and up. You're not saying what dosage on var though. It's the dosage not the compounds that's important.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Obviously you can, people run drol for 10 weeks at 150mg and up. You're not saying what dosage on var though. It's the dosage not the compounds that's important.
60-70mg var

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
You're basically saying stacking those two compounds isn't synergistic as well? To me it seems it would be great on a cut. Var leans out my abs greatly.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're basically saying stacking those two compounds isn't synergistic as well? To me it seems it would be great on a cut. Var leans out my abs greatly.
Nah I don't think it would be worth the money. They basically do the same thing and again halo is stronger as a muscle builder. Try var 30 winstrol 30