Desoxytestosterone

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wanted to post up a profile I wrote for Desoxytestosterone. It's slightly modified from the original version on my site to omit the research company I do the brand development for since they're not a sponsor. If that is not an issue I can edit the post to include said company and products. Anyways, I hope the piece is found to be interesting and informative.

Desoxytestosterone (Acetate)
17b-acetoxy-5a-androst-2-ene

Article by: ZOO the Blood Lord

Despite a commonality of name, Desoxy[tesosterone] does not possess the androgenic and male supporting characteristics of Testosterone. This surprisingly common misconception has led many amateur anabolic users to believe that this DHT derivative is a viable “test base” alternative. While this is highly inaccurate, Desoxy does, however, share a unique lineage among the designer “supplements” that saw rise throughout the 2000’s. The compound itself is a virtual unknown by comparative standards, but its methylated variant, Madol/Pheraplex, has built a cult-following lasting well beyond DASCA efforts. This methylation grants Desoxy the effective oral administration needed for practical purposes as an over-the-counter “supplement,” but fundamentally changes the physiological characteristics it exerts. It was not until Desoxytestosterone was esterified and marketed as a research chemical that it garnered notoriety independent of its supplement sister.

The absence of a methyl attachment largely removes the dramatic binding affinity associated with oral-based anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS); however, in terms of potential medicinal and performance enhancement applications, Desoxy is of far greater value. Advantageously, it can be administered for far longer durations without significant toxicity or aggressive impact on health markers. Standard of compounds modified from Dihydrotestosterone, Desoxy displays relatively strong anabolic properties with modest androgenic activity; its recorded anabolic-androgenic ratio is 160:60 as compared to Testosterone. To be noted, Desoxy is by no degree a pure anabolic as anecdotal information in cases of off-label use cite androgenic traits.

A frequently perpetuated analogy compares Desoxy’s ability to potentiate lean mass to that of Boldenone - a member of the Testosterone family. As a DHT analogue, however, Desoxy is reminiscent of Drostanolone. Arguably, this hybrid personality makes Desoxy a superior compound in most off-label applications - more versatile at the least. Boldenone, while effective in promoting lean mass, is best reserved for “bulking” or endurance minded cycles due to its mild estrogenic properties and notorious appetite enhancement. More problematic of Boldenone, however, is its purported ability to incite anxiety by acting on GABA receptors. Conversely, Drostanolone has many aesthetic enhancing benefits (i.e. hardness, vascularity), but its inability to promote lean mass limits its use to “cutting” or modified HRT protocols. By retaining the anabolic qualities of Boldenone and the DHT-like characteristics of Drostanolone, Desoxy is exceptional in promoting overall positive body composition.

Given proper stimuli and dietary resources to support stress factors, researchers should anticipate subjects to display enhanced rates of protein synthesis and lean mass hypertrophy. Researchers will also want to note an interesting finding from the 1964 efforts of Czechoslovak Academy of Science. Studies on this compound reported that while unesterified nandrolone, boldenone, and testosterone have little effect when injected, Desoxy remained effective. Such a unique characteristic further supports the need to study this underutilized compound. Researchers can source high-quality, research grade Desoxytestoserone from ZF for the study of its potential therapeutic, medicinal, and life-enhancing applications.

Extrapolated applications: Dose dependent upon individual tolerances and concurrently used compounds. Risk of virilization. Not recommended for female use.

1) Oil-based (acetate): 225-525mg per week
2) Oil-based (cypionate): 400-800mg per week (no longer made)
3) Transdermal (acetate): 50-150mg per day

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could this effectively replace Mast on a cycle? At least as a try-it-out-and-see? Bummer its only ace, is the short ester preferred for some reason?

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could this effectively replace Mast on a cycle? At least as a try-it-out-and-see? Bummer its only ace, is the short ester preferred for some reason?
Having used both extensively, yes. I am a huge fan of Masteron for its feel good effects and complimentary component when used with Test; however, in terms of actual results, Desoxy will yield excellent results. Realistically, it is more effective mg per mg. My only disclaimer is that I have not used it for contest purposes... yet. So in that sense I'm not sure if it will have quite the same "hardening" aspect Mast is known far at the tail end of prep. I may incorporate it at 4-6 weeks out (currently 8 weeks out) since I have a few options available.

Acetate just happens to be the most widely available as there aren't any suppliers making the Cypionate. I am, however, pushing for a Desoxy Enanthate variant through the company I do the branding for. I much prefer long esters, which is why I invested in the development of Dienolone Enanthate myself. lmao

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sweet. Would you say the side effect profile is similiar to Mast too? Or does desoxy carry its own different sides?

Whats the lowest youve dosed desoxy? I sometimes run 150mg Mast during a cruise (1:1 w test), just to give the question more context.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I noticed lower libido from it unfortunately.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sweet. Would you say the side effect profile is similiar to Mast too? Or does desoxy carry its own different sides?

Whats the lowest youve dosed desoxy? I sometimes run 150mg Mast during a cruise (1:1 w test), just to give the question more context.
I don't really experience sides necessarily. Or rather it does have a mood altering effect. Interestingly I've had both good and bad experiences with Desoxy in this regard. During a couple of runs of Desoxy Cyp I experienced very severe depression that prompted me to stop. However, there were certainly other variables involved. To that extent I would say that it could aggravate pre-existing "issues." lol. In a subsequent run of Desoxy Ace in a transdermal carrier I experienced a very positive mood boosting effect. In this instance I was in a much better place in my life. Ester would have no bearing on this. A friend of mine is deep into steroid chemistry (actual college program not UG lol) and he was explaining that the compound itself acts on brain receptors. I need to dig that convo up.

Lowest doses I believe are Desoxy Cyp at 400mg weekly and Desoxy Ace (Transdermal) at 75mg per daily if I recall correctly. I do not believe I have run Desoxy Ace intramuscularly.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Actually was running test or trest do not remember. It brought me back to baseline, the test made it a non issue but just recall not that over the top libido. If I could get more I would try solo out of curiosity to see what happens? That sounds like a plan.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Actually was running test or trest do not remember. It brought me back to baseline, the test made it a non issue but just recall not that over the top libido. If I could get more I would try solo out of curiosity to see what happens? That sounds like a plan.
If you end up running it solo I'd love to hear the results. :) Luckily, it is a reasonably priced compound.

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
is 4 Andro enough for test base for this desoxy?

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
is 4 Andro enough for test base for this desoxy?
That'll be more individual to the person and the doses of each used. Some guys respond very well to 4-Andro while others do not get much benefit from it. From what I recall this has to do with the person's own enzymatic response to convert DHEA type structures to active forms. However, if you typically do well with 4-Andro for a base then I say give it a whirl. Can always toss in a touch of EpiAndro to help round it out since it converts to DHT, which supports the male sex characteristics.

What dose and method of administration were you considering?

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
I jus ran 16 weeks of this and tren test and orals. My opinion 600 to 800 a week eod injects. Great for strength and pump. Not that good for leaning. I have recently run test n tren so I can tell the difference adding it. So I won't do it again just to expensive

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
10ml bottle of Desoxy Ace at 100mg/ml for $35 isn't bad imo

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
That'll be more individual to the person and the doses of each used. Some guys respond very well to 4-Andro while others do not get much benefit from it. From what I recall this has to do with the person's own enzymatic response to convert DHEA type structures to active forms. However, if you typically do well with 4-Andro for a base then I say give it a whirl. Can always toss in a touch of EpiAndro to help round it out since it converts to DHT, which supports the male sex characteristics.

What dose and method of administration were you considering?
I have a few bottles of 4 -andro pills version , should be enough for 300-500 mg/day 8-10 weeks cycle...

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed I payed much more
Dang. Yeah I've seen some really expensive ones out and about. Desoxy raws aren't that pricey so it should sell for much more than 45 on the high end imo. Especially with the ample competition. Appreciate the feedback on your experiences :)

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have a few bottles of 4 -andro pills version , should be enough for 300-500 mg/day 8-10 weeks cycle...
Might be worth a go then. Especially if you can swing the higher end of that dose range.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have some on the way, will dose solo. 100mg eod and see what's up. Will take as a cut. Have trest and test on stand by.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I didn’t care for dt ace, found it weak, and brought sides ( shut down, intense body odor, no libido) but not much else.
I had to shower 2-3 times per day as my deodorant wouldn’t cut it.
I’ve ran it stacked and solo. Didn’t find it to be anything like test, Or masteron prop, really it isn’t like anything I’ve ever used. This compound gave me the worse b.o. and I sweat like crazy on tren ace.
Also, it’d help if you put the standard those numbers are in reference too.
160:60 standard?
I could look it up in my copy of vida, but I’m lazy and it’s your write up.
I know others on here have had great success with dt though, so I know it can be great for some.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn’t care for dt ace, found it weak, and brought sides ( shut down, intense body odor, no libido) but not much else.
I had to shower 2-3 times per day as my deodorant wouldn’t cut it.
I’ve ran it stacked and solo. Didn’t find it to be anything like test, Or masteron prop, really it isn’t like anything I’ve ever used. This compound gave me the worse b.o. and I sweat like crazy on tren ace.
Also, it’d help if you put the standard those numbers are in reference too.
160:60 standard?
I could look it up in my copy of vida, but I’m lazy and it’s your write up.
I know others on here have had great success with dt though, so I know it can be great for some.
I had a similar experience-- body odor, increased acne, libido issues at 300mg/week desoxy-ace IM. Was running Test-E with it. Didn't notice any strength gains but it did increase vascularity a little. But some people seem to have more success with it.

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah I noticed great hardness and vascularity, but was with low dose trest so might have all been from trest? Will try solo and go from there.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
I was contest prepping with it. It made me strong feeling. Very intense muscle contraction. The muscle i pumped to was great compared to something g like d bol where my forearm would over pump and hurt before my bicep. Best mind muscle connection. Biggest difference. It aided in vascularity slightly but aided in fullness. Like a weak boldenone. Felt it took a while to kick in started at 500 worked up to 900 in the end

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've experimented with it up to 400 mgs dtc (cyp)and it gave me acne. In contest prep 200 mgs seems to be enough, didnt go any higher bc of the acne I got from it

how does this seem to be on hair?

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looks like something that would be nice to run. Might have to look into somewhere that has this compound.

greekgeorge

Awards
  • Established
You know I started thinning after to much exem use. When I dropped exem and the contest drugs and back to hrt my hair has been thinning more. When on cycle it gets thicker don't understand it

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's very peculiar. I could see the exemestane causing increased hair loss. As an AI it lessens Test conversion to Estrogen, which leaves more Test to convert to DHT. That's just my broscience speaking though.

Not certain why I'd get worse after stopping contest drugs when those typically encompass scalping DHT based androgens and the sort.

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thought I'd post a little something I've been playing with for few weeks now... for science, of course.
IMG_7934.JPG

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We are about to begin researching TD Desoxytest (another brand, really hope at some point we can arrange int'l shipping to try out your products) along with Superdiol for 6-8 weeks and considering using Androsterone as well.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
not sure about the androsterone but im interested to see how the TD version of desoxy treats you~

ZOO

ZOO

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love TD Desoxy. It'll buy you dinner, show ya a good time, and then pay your cab tab home...

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also when do you think is the best time for applying, preworkout or post wo after shower?

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Zoo. When did the Desoxy Cyp come out or is that old school PO?

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I got the worst acne ever from this compound

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did as well. i couldnt go over like 200 mgs weekly if I remember right or acne galore. Its been a few years
And the acne was the deep cystic kind with alot of puss I got it all over the middle of my chest

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Man, I would hate that. I literally never get acne from anything. But if it’s not a DHT, at any dose, it’ll give me gyno easy if I let it.

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
About to run Desoxy TD with Trest TD. Will Desoxy help out with the E sides like AndroHard does? I’ll have Exem on hand but wasn’t sure if I will need it. Desoxy TD at 150mg and Trest TD at 100mg. I’m not prone to E sides FWIW.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
About to run Desoxy TD with Trest TD. Will Desoxy help out with the E sides like AndroHard does? I’ll have Exem on hand but wasn’t sure if I will need it. Desoxy TD at 150mg and Trest TD at 100mg. I’m not prone to E sides FWIW.
You should be straight. Dht’s help out and TD Trest isn’t the same animal as injectable. Should be a nice combo. If you wanted to be extra cautious, Trest-related gyno has only responded favorably(for me and several others) to site specific SERMS. So if you dropped $45 on some Nolva or Ralox, you’d have every base covered.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
bacne is the worst!
I literally never get any but NPP/Dbol is giving me a few here and there. But I’m bald af so there’s that. At least I don’t have to stress my dht use over it.

All about looking at the positives...

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im not sure if td will change the effect
It definitely could. Ever notice everyone does TD DHEA and not caps? I was told it interacts with cutaneous 5-AR and would thus be more “androgenic” (in theory at least).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
locutus24 Anabolics 11