GW5016 Not dissolving in 96% ethanol... WTF?

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
Having worked with this compound before, I know it is soluble in ethanol.

I attempted to dissolve 2 grams in 50 mL of 96% pure ethanol. It did not dissolve, nor did it simply precipitate to the bottom of the container forming a usable suspension. Instead it formed a thick gel like Mass. Does anyone have any idea why this might have happened?

I have used the vendor before and had great results with all their products. But this one has me stumped.

I can't measure it volumetrically with any accuracy because of how thick it is. For example 0.5ml, when the ethanol evaporates, sometimes weighs 20mg, other times 45mg (I squirt the solution into an empty gel cap and let the ethanol evaporate)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
honestly I think the obvious answer is prob the case here... you didn't get the raws you expected... sounds like you got flour ha

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Email them and send pics, somethings fishy

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
Yes... and they aren't responding to my emails. they are a reputable company or at least have been in the past and I've never had trouble with anything else from them

Last edited:
Viator77

Viator77

Awards
there's no contact form on the vendors site, but when I replied to their order notification email I get no response.

in the past they have sponsored promotions on this forum (some of their products are for human consumption) so I don't think I should name the vendor

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
do any of you guys know what Carradine powder taste like? Is it better, sour Etc? This kind of just taste like powdered chalk. I tried messaging an administrator but I keep getting an "invalid link message

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
after doing some extensive research, it appears that some manufacturing processes create GW501516/ endurabol/Carrdarine (sp) that has a thick gel-like consistency when disolved in only ethanol, which is why many vendors use PEG 300, PEG 600, ethanol, & H2O. Now my only concern is that it's also supposed to have a bitter taste but mine doesn't.

Maybe this is legit and the previous batch I got wasn't? Maybe it's just grip chalk that I paid $30 a gram for

Last edited:
justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
after doing some extensive research, it appears that some manufacturing processes create GW501516/ endurabol/Carrdarine (sp) that has a thick gel-like consistency when disolved in only ethanol, which is why many vendors use PEG 300, PEG 600, ethanol, & H2O. Now my only concern is that it's also supposed to have a bitter taste but mine doesn't.

Maybe this is legit and the previous batch I got wasn't? Maybe it's just grip chalk that I paid $30 a gram for
Read this.
Subject: Serious risks associated with use of the unauthorized product GW501516

GlaxoSmithKline Inc. (GSK), would like to inform you that a compound referred to as GW501516 is being made available for sale via the internet. This compound may be abused by some athletes for performance enhancement. It is not known if the product available via the internet and sold as GW501516 is actually GW501516 or another compound.

GW501516 is not approved for use in humans and has never been manufactured nor distributed by GSK. GW501516 was being developed to raise HDL or “good” cholesterol in patients with abnormal cholesterol levels in their blood. In 2006, GSK stopped clinical development of GW501516 when toxicities, including a variety of cancers, were discovered following routine, long term animal studies.

An unauthorized product, known as GW501516, is being made available on the internet.
All clinical development of GW501516 was stopped when toxicities, including various cancers, were discovered following routine, long term animal studies. The long-term effects of GW501516 in humans are unknown.

GW501516 is not approved for use in humans. GSK does not manufacture or authorize its sale.

In 2011, GSK signed an agreement with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) to supply confidential information about medicines in early stage development that could be abused by athletes once they are licensed for patient use. GW501516 was one such investigational compound that GSK provided information about to WADA. During preclinical animal safety studies of this experimental medicine, it was found to cause toxicities in mice and rats. All further development of GW501516 was stopped and these findings were reported to regulatory authorities and presented at a scientific meeting and published1. GW501516 has been on the WADA Prohibited List for several years and this action was independent of GSK.

Managing product-related side effects depends on health care professionals and consumers reporting them. Any serious side effects in patients who have used GW501516 should be reported to GlaxoSmithKline.

GlaxoSmithKline Inc.
Tel: 1-800-387-7374
You need to do more research.

If you are a competitive athlete, it will be tested for.
If you are not, it will not do anything for you.

Viator77

Viator77

Awards
Im aware of the GSK studies. The mice were given huge doses (equivalent to grams a day) for their entire life span. I've used legit GW501516 in the past that had great results including some of the best blood work I've ever had in my life in addition to the performance enhancing aspects

but I do agree with you that there's no way of knowing that I'm actually getting GW501516. it could be some impure variant, something underdosed, or exactly what I paid for. either way I'm not willing to chance it I'll just chalk it up as a loss