Cycles too close to together. Myth??

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
So we all know or should know the reason for taking time off between cycles.

With that being said, I have seen people claim that if you run cycles to close together, the later cycle will not produce as many gains. Is this actually true and if so why?

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards

With that being said, I have seen people claim that if you run cycles to close together, the later cycle will not produce as many gains. Is this actually true and if so why?
The only reason I would see this to be true is if you used the same compounds in the later cycle, as you would become more tolerant to the compounds the longer you use them. With different compounds however, I don’t see why the gains would be any less (unless of course you’re hitting the limit of muscle you can hold). There are a lot of factors that play into this.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
The only reason I would see this to be true is if you used the same compounds in the later cycle, as you would become more tolerant to the compounds the longer you use them. With different compounds however, I don’t see why the gains would be any less (unless of course you’re hitting the limit of muscle you can hold). There are a lot of factors that play into this.
That's kinda what I was thinking. And its fair to say that gains do slow down the more muscle you are already holding. But I agree, I don't really see why that would happen if compounds are different

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

In theory, if a cycle was ran too close to the prior one...much less of the body's normal (overall) hormonal functions would be able to assist during the cycle ...and more so as you go along.

And for me personally....I find that my body does develop (at least to a degree) an overall "resistance" to anabolics in general. ....not just to the specific one I've just used. Remember that first really sweet cycle that you ran? It's hard to replicate. Not just with the same compound....but in general.

Just my 2 cents.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
In theory, if a cycle was ran too close to the prior one...much less of the body's normal (overall) hormonal functions would be able to assist during the cycle ...and more so as you go along.

And for me personally....I find that my body does develop (at least to a degree) an overall "resistance" to anabolics in general. ....not just to the specific one I've just used. Remember that first really sweet cycle that you ran? It's hard to replicate. Not just with the same compound....but in general.

Just my 2 cents.
That makes sense. I'm just thinking that something like a test, deca, a50/or dbol cycle would be better than a test only cycle even if it was ran close together. I could be wrong in thinking that

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That makes sense. I'm just thinking that something like a test, deca, a50/or dbol cycle would be better than a test only cycle even if it was ran close together. I could be wrong in thinking that
Yeah, in general I would tend to agree. But eventually, you'd reach some kind of upper limit, if you kept running them close together. (In my opinion).

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, in general I would tend to agree. But eventually, you'd reach some kind of upper limit, if you kept running them close together. (In my opinion).
I would think so too or everyone would be 400 pound monsters lmao

Newth

Awards
I think myostatin levels and androgen receptor sensitization a big factors.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
I think myostatin levels and androgen receptor sensitization a big factors.
I've heard the receptor sensitization is a myth but I've never seen evidence either for it or against it.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've heard the receptor sensitization is a myth but I've never seen evidence either for it or against it.
I wish that were true, but I don't believe that it is.

Other types of receptor sites in the body seem to suffer from overstimulation.

Newth

Awards
Interesting, I'll have to keep an eye out for that.

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you are cycling, its probably best to be recovered fully before starting a new one. (Unless you blast and cruise).
Some people can hurt themselves (endocrine system) permanently if not done right. Everyone's body is different, but I think the time on/time off method may work good for many...

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not just about the compounds. The fact that you put on an insane amount above whats possible for a natural person will make your body say enough for a while. It's not that you can't grow but these 20 pounds or so will not happen again jumping on any other cycle. The other thing is that test is one of the best massbuilders and it's a staple in every cycle. You will have to run test again during the next cycle. Even if you wait a year you won't get the same results as you would in the beginning of you didn't get much more experience from the first cycle, maybe have a better diet. So no your body will always build more muscles the less muscles you have.