Ostarine and puffy nipple

Jcollis

Awards
Hi all,
New here but I’ve seen a lot of good help so far. Here where I’m at:
Brawn Obol, 20mg ED x 8 weeks.

Only side was some mild lethargy with good gains so I thought I’d bump it to 30mg E.D. and finish 4 more weeks then nolva pct.
I’m one week in to 30 mg and Now I have a slightly puffy nipple. No lump, not tender, just puffy. I have arimidex and need some advice on where to go from here.

I was thinking 250mcg arimidex E.D., monitor nipple, and finish out the next 3 Weeks of ostarine. Then I’ve read taper off the arimidex and go into pct. again I’m new so any thoughts will be helpful. Thanks

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards
Unfortunately there is no concrete cause to gyno symptoms, since ostarine doesn’t aromatize at all. That being said, lots of gyno cases have been reported from ostarine. One thought is that gyno from ostarine is caused by direct stimulation to the breast tissue glands. I would start taking 10mg nolva starting now and adjust the dose until the puffiness goes away. People have reported no success with AI’s on ostarine, and nolvadex seems like a safe bet to eliminate the puffiness. Once the cycle is over, go about the PCT as normal. Cheers

/Or just bump the dose back down to 20mg

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hi all,
New here but I’ve seen a lot of good help so far. Here where I’m at:
Brawn Obol, 20mg ED x 8 weeks.

Only side was some mild lethargy with good gains so I thought I’d bump it to 30mg E.D. and finish 4 more weeks then nolva pct.
I’m one week in to 30 mg and Now I have a slightly puffy nipple. No lump, not tender, just puffy. I have arimidex and need some advice on where to go from here.

I was thinking 250mcg arimidex E.D., monitor nipple, and finish out the next 3 Weeks of ostarine. Then I’ve read taper off the arimidex and go into pct. again I’m new so any thoughts will be helpful. Thanks
I too have Brawn Obol in my cabinet, good to know it gtg. Odd about the puffy nip.

Jcollis

Awards
Thanks for the help. Do you think if I drop back to 20mg it’ll resolve? Wait and see and start nolva if no improvement?

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards
Thanks for the help. Do you think if I drop back to 20mg it’ll resolve? Wait and see and start nolva if no improvement?
Since your nips are puffy now, I would start the nolva now and remain at 30mg. Gotta get on that gyno asap for the best chances of resolving it. If after two or three days the symptoms don’t clear up, stay on the nolva and bump the osta back down to 20mg.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have read some thing about people having a slight increase in estrogen and/or prolactin, get onto some kind of AI like letrone and see how you go... if it still persists think about exemstane e3d with some kind of anti prolactin... has worked for me in the past

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards
I have read some thing about people having a slight increase in estrogen and/or prolactin, get onto some kind of AI like letrone and see how you go... if it still persists think about exemstane e3d with some kind of anti prolactin... has worked for me in the past
There was a study put out that showed around a 30% decrease in estrogen on only 3mg of osta, really quite interesting how different things can be for people. Blood work is the way to go if you can afford it.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Gyno would be painful to the touch, itchy and have the formation of breast tissue around the breast gland. You probably are experiencing prolactin sides, or just being paranoid. Avoid touching them as well; it can cause it to worsen.

Jcollis

Awards
Thanks for the help all. Definitely seems like prolactin. AI, will avoid touching, just bought some Inhibit P. Thanks again

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
I quit taking ostarine for this exact reason... never figured out what it was but prolactin could be a possibility I was always told it was estrogen but I was not bloated at all....

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Damn... I just started my first day of an ostarine cycle at 20 mg/day, and now I'm paranoid about developing manboobs. Does anyone have any idea of just how common of a side effect gyno is with ostarine?

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Damn... I just started my first day of an ostarine cycle at 20 mg/day, and now I'm paranoid about developing manboobs. Does anyone have any idea of just how common of a side effect gyno is with ostarine?
Just have an AI and possible prolactin support and you;ll be fine... could even dose them EOD or E3D

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just have an AI and possible prolactin support and you;ll be fine... could even dose them EOD or E3D
Would a SERM like Nolvadex be better since ostarine doesn't aromatize? In other words, wouldn't it be a better idea to simply block the estrogen receptors altogether so as to prevent estrogen or ostarine from binding to them in the first place (since the cause of ostarine-associated gyno apparently hasn't been confirmed)?

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Would a SERM like Nolvadex be better since ostarine doesn't aromatize? In other words, wouldn't it be a better idea to simply block the estrogen receptors altogether so as to prevent estrogen or ostarine from binding to them in the first place (since the cause of ostarine-associated gyno apparently hasn't been confirmed)?
My understanding is that Nolva can be liver toxic too, but you could just dose is like 10mg a day or something to prevent gyno and keep a good healthy amount of estrogen to benefit you on cycle... I have read a few things (as usual) that show the pros and cons for using a serm on cycle and using an AI on cycle.

Personally i would just go an AI like letrone for the added benefits ED or EOD and no i am not taxing my lipids or anything further than neede

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My understanding is that Nolva can be liver toxic too, but you could just dose is like 10mg a day or something to prevent gyno and keep a good healthy amount of estrogen to benefit you on cycle... I have read a few things (as usual) that show the pros and cons for using a serm on cycle and using an AI on cycle.

Personally i would just go an AI like letrone for the added benefits ED or EOD and no i am not taxing my lipids or anything further than neede
Well, what I'm confused about is the fact that since ostarine doesn't aromatize, an AI wouldn't help to prevent gyno potentially caused by ostarine use, right? Wouldn't a SERM be the only potentially effective medication to take to remedy the issue?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are a bunch of theories on this. When taking a mild anabolic like osta the body can still produce its own natural test simultaneously. Because of the presence of the osta the body will decide that it needs to aromatise more of your natural test to help ballance the presence of the mild anabolic so even though the osta itself doesn't aromatise you can still have raised estrogen levels. This doesn't happen with highly suppressive non aromatizing substances because natural test is pretty much nonexistant due to complete shut down. All theory of course.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are a bunch of theories on this. When taking a mild anabolic like osta the body can still produce its own natural test simultaneously. Because of the presence of the osta the body will decide that it needs to aromatise more of your natural test to help ballance the presence of the mild anabolic so even though the osta itself doesn't aromatise you can still have raised estrogen levels. This doesn't happen with highly suppressive non aromatizing substances because natural test is pretty much nonexistant due to complete shut down. All theory of course.
Thanks for the info. But even in the case of legitimate aromatization, a SERM would still be effective in preventing early-stage gyno from worsening since estrogen receptors in/around the nipples would be blocked, right?

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for the info. But even in the case of legitimate aromatization, a SERM would still be effective in preventing early-stage gyno from worsening since estrogen receptors in/around the nipples would be blocked, right?
Yes your logic is still sound but in the example I gave an AI would also be effective so I would go with what is more logical to use mid cycle.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have personally always used aromasin for gyno prevention. I tend to go the clomid route for pct so will utilise aromasin either during cycle or during pct when I feel its required. They key here though is using it when it's required, don't start taking stuff simply because your paranoid you may get gyno. There are usually a few warning signs before true gyno sets in and it won't happen over night. Estrogen is vital for feeling good and making optimal gains and in my opinion if you crash your estrogen you actually feel worse than on low test.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have personally always used aromasin for gyno prevention. I tend to go the clomid route for pct so will utilise aromasin either during cycle or during pct when I feel its required. They key here though is using it when it's required, don't start taking stuff simply because your paranoid you may get gyno. There are usually a few warning signs before true gyno sets in and it won't happen over night. Estrogen is vital for feeling good and making optimal gains and in my opinion if you crash your estrogen you actually feel worse than on low test.
Appreciate the advice. I definitely won't take Nolvadex until I'm definitely exhibiting some of the early signs of gyno. I guess the reason I'm leaning towards taking Nolvadex in the event of gyno symptoms is because it will definitely work to prevent it from worsening regardless of how Ostarine actually causes it to occur in the first place, whereas using an AI would only take care of it in the event that it arises due to aromatization (kind of a two birds/one stone mentality, if that makes sense).

carsonkeelor

carsonkeelor

Awards
Appreciate the advice. I definitely won't take Nolvadex until I'm definitely exhibiting some of the early signs of gyno. I guess the reason I'm leaning towards taking Nolvadex in the event of gyno symptoms is because it will definitely work to prevent it from worsening regardless of how Ostarine actually causes it to occur in the first place, whereas using an AI would only take care of it in the event that it arises due to aromatization (kind of a two birds/one stone mentality, if that makes sense).
Read the post called: Ostarine cycle advice

It was made not too long ago and answers your questions. Should make it clear to you.

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
Yes your logic is still sound but in the example I gave an AI would also be effective so I would go with what is more logical to use mid cycle.
I agree with using aromasin... I don't know the facts behind using nolva during cycle but some say it's counterproductive. supposively nolva during cycle is old school logic...

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with using aromasin... I don't know the facts behind using nolva during cycle but some say it's counterproductive. supposively nolva during cycle is old school logic...
I think when it comes to pct nolva is more geared toward gyno prevention and clomid bringing back your balls however they both aid in restoring natural test. By running this on cycle I believe you are reducing the effectiveness of your cycle as they also interact with your androgen receptors.