AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Starting PCT on Saturday after a 500mg/week test e cycle.

Just two questions, one I've asked before, but I want to ask a different variation, and also have a question about training.

Last pin was two weeks ago. I have kept my routine the exact same, but it seems like I am a little more sore than I was on cycle. Maybe this is just placebo, but who knows. I have seen conflicting info on training during PCT. I plan on keep intensity (weights) the same, but my question is volume. I have seen posts, here and elsewhere, stating to keep volume the same and I have seen posts that state to reduce volume anywhere from 10-25%. Is this the route one should go; decrease volume, or keep everything the same. It seems logical that recovery will be slower so a little less volume may be best.

Second, I am going to keep my protein intake high during PCT; close to 2 grams/lb of bodyweight. I carb cycle. On my high carb days, my fat intake is about 17% of my calories. During PCT on those days, I am thinking of lowering protein a little bit to hit 20% of my cals from fat. How does that sound. Additionally, could I go back to my normal 1.5g/lb of protein after PCT?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it seems fine dude. Problem is always cortisol and adding fat so yeah maybe higher protein as long as you can keep calories up. I believe liftin heavy instead of burning your muscles like on cycle

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What was your training protocol prior to your cycle?

If it worked then, Id let that be a guide for now. Your diet/PCT drugs/rest will do the rest. Dont second guess your self-knowledge.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
THIS ^^^

It all depends on what you were hitting on cycle.

I'd call that pretty successful if you can keep weight the same and just lower the volume through PCT

Hell yeah your sore as those esters clear and reality sets in
Haha haha one of the best benefits of AAS is the enhanced recovery time.

Reactions: Nac
Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
for sure I wasn't hardly sore at all on cycle and I couldn't keep the same intensity of training after cycle but I tried to maintain pushing the same weight threw pct and after.. only thing that I lost strength in was my legs but that had some do with me jacking my back up... I'm sure everyone is different but that's how it worked out for me...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys. I am going to get rid of some drop sets, which will reduce volume a little.

Dumb question, and this is probably me over analyzing, but I have been doing incline barbell bench on my Thursday push days. Can I swap it for incline dumbbell during PCT, or is this going to negatively effect the strength I have built?

nubioso

nubioso

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I am going to get rid of some drop sets, which will reduce volume a little.

Dumb question, and this is probably me over analyzing, but I have been doing incline barbell bench on my Thursday push days. Can I swap it for incline dumbbell during PCT, or is this going to negatively effect the strength I have built?
I routinely switch up incline barbell to incline dumbbells. Whenever you max out on the bar, go to the DB...when you max out on those, go back to the bar. Seems to work great for keeping the muscles guessing and the gains coming. I think you'll be just fine and personally encourage it myself.

Just like deadlifts, I switch to rack pulls every 6 week or so and do those for 6 weeks then back to deads. Works wonders.