How much muscle will I gain??

U

uns

Awards
On trt. Dose 250mg test cyp, 400iu hcg. Been on for 3 months now

Will hit everything 2-3x a week. Hypertrophy mixed with strength training.
8-9h if sleep per night
No alcohol
Entering a bulk right now
Been lifting for 6years. At 190 15% bf

Will hit all macros perfectly. Training perfect. Sleep. Etc. how much muscle will I gain per month. Doing a bulk until next January

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You will look like this in 2 weeks.

arnold-calves_sbronb.jpg

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol who knows, and really, who cares? Youre on "trt", its typically a lifetime thing. So changes will tend to be slower and more gradual than blasting/cycling. Just stick to your diet and training, modifying along the line, and the gainz will come. However much they are.

U

uns

Awards
Lol who knows, and really, who cares? Youre on "trt", its typically a lifetime thing. So changes will tend to be slower and more gradual than blasting/cycling. Just stick to your diet and training, modifying along the line, and the gainz will come. However much they are.
Is 2lbs a month of muscle too fast? I’m trying to calculate macros

U

uns

Awards
Wut

I think you may be confusing muscle with fat
Not really. I want to know how big of a surplus I should eat. 500 calories above? That’s 1lb a week..so I want to know if 2lbs of muscle Per month is too much?

D

DennisC1986

Awards
Outofbody I just laughed out loud, good stuff. But really man, there's literally no way anyone could tell you an actual number that would be legit. The closest thing you could come to, would be to see how much weight you gain in a month and extrapolate from there. Even then you won't know how much is actually muscle unless you're doing some ridiculously expensive body scan every month, and even then there's STILL room for error

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-250mg/w is a cruise, not TRT (but on the other hand, it could be under-dosed and very well be like 150mg/w)

Now, IF its TRT, you are basically natty. Your serum test levels should be in normal range.

As I remember, after a few years, at natty levels, you gain per year only a couple of pounds of muscles.

U

uns

Awards
-250mg/w is a cruise, not TRT (but on the other hand, it could be under-dosed and very well be like 150mg/w)

Now, IF its TRT, you are basically natty. Your serum test levels should be in normal range.

As I remember, after a few years, at natty levels, you gain per year only a couple of pounds of muscles.

Def not under dosed. Pick up at cvs.
When I got tested 6 days after pin at 200 I was at 700 so around peak around 1400. Since rose incrwase haven’t gone back. Hoping for one more dose increase so I can be at 300mg per week. Also pretty sure it’s working well I gained good amount of strength on a huge deficit while maintains all mass. Gained good mass even first two months on it

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Def not under dosed. Pick up at cvs.
When I got tested 6 days after pin at 200 I was at 700 so around peak around 1400. Since rose incrwase haven’t gone back. Hoping for one more dose increase so I can be at 300mg per week. Also pretty sure it’s working well I gained good amount of strength on a huge deficit while maintains all mass. Gained good mass even first two months on it
So the 250mg/w is supervised and prescribed by a doc? As I mentioned earlier, TRT's goal is to get you in a normal range = natty. Meaning also: natty gains. That you feel better with higher test levels, if they were lower at the beginning, is what TRT is good for. I would not expect great gains on 250mg.
1400 total test is not TRT -but its also not very high. Does it help with hypertrophy? You bet. Much? Nah. Have you measured your free test?

U

uns

Awards
So the 250mg/w is supervised and prescribed by a doc? As I mentioned earlier, TRT's goal is to get you in a normal range = natty. Meaning also: natty gains. That you feel better with higher test levels, if they were lower at the beginning, is what TRT is good for. I would not expect great gains on 250mg.
1400 total test is not TRT -but its also not very high. Does it help with hypertrophy? You bet. Much? Nah. Have you measured your free test?
Last time I checked at 200mg it was 18 free test. This is all dr supervised. What is considered a cycle test level?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last time I checked at 200mg it was 18 free test. This is all dr supervised. What is considered a cycle test level?
A cycle brings you way over the natural level. Free test is essential ! 18 is in range -but low for what you want. For my age group (50) 9-47pg/ml free test is normal range, go figure, LOL. I'm at 29 free, with total test at 850 at 220mg test/u x week. Found out my test was underdosed. For a cruise I'm trying to get my serum test to between 1500-1800 and free test way over natural values, around 100.

U

uns

Awards
A cycle brings you way over the natural level. Free test is essential ! 18 is in range -but low for what you want. For my age group (50) 9-47pg/ml free test is normal range, go figure, LOL. I'm at 29 free, with total test at 850 at 220mg test/u x week. Found out my test was underdosed. For a cruise I'm trying to get my serum test to between 1500-1800 and free test way over natural values, around 100.
Hmm the 18 would probably be lower since it was 6 days after pin. Sure it’s higher. Since dose increase I’m probably above 1600-1800 for sure. I think according to the range I was looking st it was out of 21

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm the 18 would probably be lower since it was 6 days after pin. Sure it’s higher. Since dose increase I’m probably above 1600-1800 for sure. I think according to the range I was looking st it was out of 21
Total test of 1600-1800 would be a cruise, no TRT. Can't imagine a doc would prescribe that. Besides DHT derived orals, like winstrol, anavar, proviron there are some plant extracts getting free test up. Use google. Anyway, gains on a cruise are obviously lower than on a blast. Cruising is to keep gains after a cycle, especially when you are more muscular than the natural limit allows.

U

uns

Awards
Total test of 1600-1800 would be a cruise, no TRT. Can't imagine a doc would prescribe that. Besides DHT derived orals, like winstrol, anavar, proviron there are some plant extracts getting free test up. Use google. Anyway, gains on a cruise are obviously lower than on a blast. Cruising is to keep gains after a cycle, especially when you are more muscular than the natural limit allows.
What kind of gains would I get. All I want to know really if 2lbs of muscle a month is a good goal on my dose. Isn’t there a standard?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What kind of gains would I get. All I want to know really if 2lbs of muscle a month is a good goal on my dose. Isn’t there a standard?
There is no standard. Genetics is all there is, besides optimal nutrition, training and rest. Hormones are like the cherry on the cake, not the cake itself.
2lbs could be gained, yes. Be aware that most swelling of muscles on a cycle is due to heightened glycogen retention -not more muscles.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The only thing that's guaranteed is improved body composition. With test in a good range, you will gain more muscle and lose more fat so long as you're eating right and training well. Nobody here can give you numbers.

D

Dholmes90

Awards
On trt. Dose 250mg test cyp, 400iu hcg. Been on for 3 months now

Will hit everything 2-3x a week. Hypertrophy mixed with strength training.
8-9h if sleep per night
No alcohol
Entering a bulk right now
Been lifting for 6years. At 190 15% bf

Will hit all macros perfectly. Training perfect. Sleep. Etc. how much muscle will I gain per month. Doing a bulk until next January
The truth is, nobody is going to be able to give you a clear answer because there really isn't one. Everyone gains muscle at different rates as we're all individually different, have different metabolisms, etc. I can gain muscle faster than some people, but unfortunately my body tends to accumulate a lot of body fat easily too if I'm not being watchful of how much I'm eating.

Now that I have more knowledge on how my body works through trial and error, I know now that when I do another bulk hopefully towards the end of this year I will have to implement cardio in my training regimen at least 3 days a week or more - usually LISS for about 30 mins or so and watch the carb intake. As long as you incorporate progressive overload in your training, you recover properly, and you nail your macros and caloric intake everyday you should be able to make quality gains. How much? That remains to be seen.

A little tip for you: Start out by adding 300 calories over your TDEE first. Run it for a week, and if the scale doesn't change, add an extra 100 calories every week until you start gaining. You want to start small first and work your way up.

Nickespo89

Nickespo89

Awards
  • Established
I hate this question...there are way too many variables....