Prohormones vs real aas

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established
My first ever cycle was an msten prohormone cycle. I ran it at 30mg for 8 weeks and gained 20lbs and kept everything. My second cycle was a test only cycle at 500mg a week and gained about 5lbs. My cycle after that was a test deca dbol cycle and barely gained weight but my strength went up a lot. Im noticing that real aas get me really strong but no anabolic has made me gain weight as fast as msten. Should i give msten another try? Or was the reason for the weight gain solely due to it being my first cycle?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
More than likely because it was your first cycle. Obviously you were smaller before your first cycle, so the weight was a lot easier to pack on solely because of that reason. Diet and training could also be part of this. You could definitely throw some msten in as a kickstart to your next cycle to see if much difference is made. 5lbs does sound very underwhelming from 500mg test though; are you sure it was even legit? Were you cutting or anything?

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established
More than likely because it was your first cycle. Obviously you were smaller before your first cycle, so the weight was a lot easier to pack on solely because of that reason. Diet and training could also be part of this. You could definitely throw some msten in as a kickstart to your next cycle to see if much difference is made. 5lbs does sound very underwhelming from 500mg test though; are you sure it was even legit? Were you cutting or anything?
It was definitely legit man, i got bloodwork done and everything, like i said anabolics got me strong as heck but no mass gains. Do you think msten is better than dbol for mass?

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It was definitely legit man, i got bloodwork done and everything, like i said anabolics got me strong as heck but no mass gains. Do you think msten is better than dbol for mass?
I haven’t ran dbol, but from what I know, dbol should be stronger. Msten for me was pretty good. Were you eating in a surplus?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You got to eat more buddy.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If i up calories more its seems like overkill, im at 3,000 calories right now
You want to gain weight, how is eating more overkill? Do you expect your body to create mass out of thin air?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Youre right i need to just stop being a *****
No need to go full cray on the increase, a few hundred for a week then reassess where you are at, add in more if scale isnt moving.

Otherwise you will be back here asking why you are all bloated and why your pants blew out at work

Mraesthetic12

Mraesthetic12

Awards
  • Established
No need to go full cray on the increase, a few hundred for a week then reassess where you are at, add in more if scale isnt moving.

Otherwise you will be back here asking why you are all bloated and why your pants blew out at work
Thanks man, idk maybe i was just too complacent since the first cycle was so easy, time to up calories

Power-Lift

Power-Lift

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont gain much weight on pure "test only", maybe 5 lbs. I did 500 mg a week for a while, it shredded me, maybe gained 5 lbs on it.
Threw in some Deca, then gained.

Some folks dont gain a lot of weight on Test only... (And it was real Rx test, w/ bloods (2400 ng/dl).
More than twice the normal "high" limit...

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's easier to gain weight on an oral steroid because they kick very fast but you'll not keep much. Now you have to consider dosage on the steroids, you also have to consider how you were eating then and now. I think you should look again and see your calorie intake because 3000 sounds way too much for someone your weight.. it is possible but only to people who burns a ton of calories from example running. I mean there's a log right now with a guy that was much heavier and gained somewhere between 20-30 pounds on 3k.

One more thing, adding more steroids doesn't always add more gains, there will always be a breaking point where your body just refuse to gain more. My guess is that you ran deca quite low or too short and like our own guru said above, first cycle. You will always be able to put on more size at a lower weight, when you gained 20 pounds you need to eat more to keep and to gain. I can relate to this 100% since ive had just as much sucess as far as weight goes with Mild cycles in the beginning which just makes it so much more obvious why beginners shouldn't run stronger cycles.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t ran dbol, but from what I know, dbol should be stronger. Msten for me was pretty good. Were you eating in a surplus?
It's at the top when it comes to strenght and weight gain but mostly water. You kinda have to run it with tren , winstrol or something if you go high on the dbol not to bloat like a pig :)

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
I dont gain much weight on pure "test only", maybe 5 lbs. I did 500 mg a week for a while, it shredded me, maybe gained 5 lbs on it.
Threw in some Deca, then gained.

Some folks dont gain a lot of weight on Test only... (And it was real Rx test, w/ bloods (2400 ng/dl).
More than twice the normal "high" limit...
Ok how long after last pin did you get the blood drawn, level should be 2x what you got at it’s peak. So did you get estrogen checked aswell?

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
It's easier to gain weight on an oral steroid because they kick very fast but you'll not keep much. Now you have to consider dosage on the steroids, you also have to consider how you were eating then and now. I think you should look again and see your calorie intake because 3000 sounds way too much for someone your weight.. it is possible but only to people who burns a ton of calories from example running. I mean there's a log right now with a guy that was much heavier and gained somewhere between 20-30 pounds on 3k.

One more thing, adding more steroids doesn't always add more gains, there will always be a breaking point where your body just refuse to gain more. My guess is that you ran deca quite low or too short and like our own guru said above, first cycle. You will always be able to put on more size at a lower weight, when you gained 20 pounds you need to eat more to keep and to gain. I can relate to this 100% since ive had just as much sucess as far as weight goes with Mild cycles in the beginning which just makes it so much more obvious why beginners shouldn't run stronger cycles.
He barely gained weight at 3000 so I’m not sure how that could be too much. I can eat 4000 when I was 160-170 because of my job and not put on much fat

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He barely gained weight at 3000 so I’m not sure how that could be too much. I can eat 4000 when I was 160-170 because of my job and not put on much fat
I'm not saying he isn't. it's just not likely considering his weight. Most people will not need that much at all. When I did wrestling soccer and running (+competitions and tournaments) I weigh much less then now and surely I burned more calories. I also find it likely that a lot of people do mistakes when they count calories including myself until I got more experienced.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was underwhelmed by my first test only cycle.
Felt really good but no major strength increase.
Actually when I got to 750 mg a week
Squats went down
Next cycle with deca BOOM much better
Test alone would never even cross my mind now.
Actually you'll notice most advanced users just keep test low enough for mental/libido health.
Your also not going to gain 20lbs every cycle
But MSTEn might be your bodies favorite
Run it again with a real test base

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would say next cycle try gaing weight.......ON THE BARBELL
you add 50lbs on that bench press and 100 on that deadlift
And who cares what you weigh.
Strength gains like that on cycle will have you running to the fridge to FEED.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If i up calories more its seems like overkill, im at 3,000 calories right now
Athletes will tend to eat around 5-10 thousand calories each day depending on the sport. Just saying.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It’s very simple, if you’re on steroids and not gaining weight, you aren’t eating enough.

The quality of your food will determine the kind d of weight gained.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
My first ever cycle was an msten prohormone cycle. I ran it at 30mg for 8 weeks and gained 20lbs and kept everything. My second cycle was a test only cycle at 500mg a week and gained about 5lbs. My cycle after that was a test deca dbol cycle and barely gained weight but my strength went up a lot. Im noticing that real aas get me really strong but no anabolic has made me gain weight as fast as msten. Should i give msten another try? Or was the reason for the weight gain solely due to it being my first cycle?
I'm curious what you weighed before the Msten cycle. ......And your height as well.

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
I've seen people get better gains on some PHs than a test only cycle. But a test/deca/dbol cycle should have yielded some really good results. Wonder if your gear was legit.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've seen people get better gains on some PHs than a test only cycle. But a test/deca/dbol cycle should have yielded some really good results. Wonder if your gear was legit.
I find test being superior for keepable gains deca doesnt have to add more cause of his second or third cycle and again, more quality and keepable gains. Orals are really superior to anything when it comes to add quick gains but they tend to stop working after 4-6 weeks. I've also noticed that running a test cycle at say 500 and gaining 20lbs and then add say tbol will barely add anything when it comes to weight, same if you start a cycle with an oral and run test, the body will almost stop responding and will automatically use the first thing that goes through your body and get most out of that steroid. if you run anavar surely test will still give you weight but if you add anadrol as a kicker the test will not add nearly as much as it would alone cause anadrol already did it for you. This of course has to do with increase in body weight = more calories but also there has to be a breaking point else everyone would have switched steroids each week :)

Evan Bageris

Evan Bageris

Awards
Super helpful. Do you think he should eat more, too. What does 4’11” ‘more, actually,’ mean. I am sure it was funny to you when you wrote it.
Tone doesn’t always come across the way you want it to, more, actually.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Super helpful. Do you think he should eat more, too. What does 4’11” ‘more, actually,’ mean. I am sure it was funny to you when you wrote it.
Tone doesn’t always come across the way you want it to, more, actually.
What???

gigante35

gigante35

Awards
  • Established
It means you caught growth spurt finally, enjoy this trip, red light zone������

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

This. 100% this.

More times than not less is more!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Idk what you guys are talking bout! I gained 20lbs on my first cycle of test only! And that was only 1 bottle of sustanon 250. One shot a week. Blew up. This was the original organon sus.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Anyways AAS>PH. Always.

The reason being the gains come on slower and last longer. Test is probably cleaner than most orals IMO.

Orals come on quick, but leave just as quick

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anyways AAS>PH. Always.

The reason being the gains come on slower and last longer. Test is probably cleaner than most orals IMO.

Orals come on quick, but leave just as quick
Broscience at its finest! :banana:

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If he’s NOT gaining on 3000 calories why the hell would he gain on less? Come on guys this is common knowledge if you Lift AT ALL

That's not what it was about, does he really burn 3k or is he miscalculating? Nobody suggested to eat less to gain

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
That's not what it was about, does he really burn 3k or is he miscalculating? Nobody suggested to eat less to gain
you literally told him 3000 does seem high for his body weight, and to recalculate what he needs to eat. So by definition if 3000 is too high, he’d need to eat LESS...but he is trying to GAIN weight so why would LOWERING calories even be suggested here at all? That’s like adding an issue on here that he didn’t even ask for lol.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Ok lets simplify this. If he's not growing, eat more. Eat until he does start growing, and then eat that much?

Idk I'm really simple

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back to OP, if you're tall ectomorph and appetite has not increased, try weight gainer shakes of high quality. EliteLabsUSA makes a great one, Dyamtize, too.

And I dunno I kinda agree, as 2 years of Prohormone cycles added muscle faster (thus far) but on my 2nd month of high Test E and EQ seem to be putting on slow and steady thickness too and keeping weight going up after quitting harsher methyl PH. Someone already posted oral AAS and PH can cause quicker gains, but harsher sides and shorter cycles... True.

Also, THC/CBD vape pen oils help with soreness and appetite, if force feeding sux induce munchies!

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Back to OP, if you're tall ectomorph and appetite has not increased, try weight gainer shakes of high quality. EliteLabsUSA makes a great one, Dyamtize, too.

And I dunno I kinda agree, as 2 years of Prohormone cycles added muscle faster (thus far) but on my 2nd month of high Test E and EQ seem to be putting on slow and steady thickness too and keeping weight going up after quitting harsher methyl PH. Someone already posted oral AAS and PH can cause quicker gains, but harsher sides and shorter cycles... True.

Also, THC/CBD vape pen oils help with soreness and appetite, if force feeding sux induce munchies!
You know what they say, slow and steady wins the race...

Ectomorphs have way harder time gaining weight than endos and mesos. So if you are an ectomorph, don't be to hard on yourself!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
How is that broscience?
Everything you stated was based in your opinion, or as others call it, “brolore” instead of data based evidence, which would discredit everything you said.
And in doing so, you continue the spread of broscience.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Op stated he’s 4’11” 165.
He isn’t an ectomorph.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Everything you stated was based in your opinion, or as others call it, “brolore” instead of data based evidence, which would discredit everything you said.
And in doing so, you continue the spread of broscience.
You are incorrect. Injectable testosterone will only give you longer lasting gains than an oral can not, also according to data based evidence. Orals should be used to jump start a cycle, not an oral only cycle

Its common sense.

How can a 4-8 week cycle of one methylated steroid, or s stack of non methyls, give you better results that are keepable than a12-16 week cycle of steroids?

Before you ask me for the evidence, show me yours first

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you literally told him 3000 does seem high for his body weight, and to recalculate what he needs to eat. So by definition if 3000 is too high, he’d need to eat LESS...but he is trying to GAIN weight so why would LOWERING calories even be suggested here at all? That’s like adding an issue on here that he didn’t even ask for lol.
How is that logical what you just said? If I say that It seems to be high for his bodyweight and maybe he should see if he actually eats 3000, does that mean I'm telling him to eat less then what he's eating ? I find it hard to believe he's counting right but that doesnt mean I'm telling him to eat less.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
How is that logical what you just said? If I say that It seems to be high for his bodyweight and maybe he should see if he actually eats 3000, does that mean I'm telling him to eat less then what he's eating ? I find it hard to believe he's counting right but that doesnt mean I'm telling him to eat less.
The way you worded it is 3000 seems high for his body weight. If someone told me what you said I would’ve never thought it meant check to make sure you are eating 3000

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
You are incorrect. Injectable testosterone will only give you longer lasting gains than an oral can not, also according to data based evidence. Orals should be used to jump start a cycle, not an oral only cycle

Its common sense.

How can a 4-8 week cycle of one methylated steroid, or s stack of non merhyls, give you better results that are keepable than a12-16 week cycle of steroids?

Before you ask me for the evidence, show me yours first
Superdrol gains last pretty well and you can put on 10lbs in 4 weeks that you keep....along with the strength