Test + Var PCT. Clomid a must or nolva just fine?

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Considering i already have nolvadex on hand, which i shall run 40/40/20/20/10...

For a 8 week cycle of var (60mg/ed) + test (500mg/week), would clomid be advised to run alongside nolva? Or the nolva protocol i mentioned above be enough?

I also have arimidex on hand, which i might be using on cycle and taper off or stop once i hit pct. Not sure if that makes a difference in deciding to include clomid in there or not, but just in case, im laying it out there.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just Nolva should be good. But I would push it out for atleast 10 to 12 weeks on test

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nolva is actually the better between the two from what I’ve read. Nolva can increase the GnRH sensitivity of the pituitary while clomid can actually cause decrease sensitivity to GnRH. Clomid also was shown to increase shbg, which is counterproductive. I’m honestly pretty surprised because I personally felt like clomid worked a little better for me the one time I tried it. 40mg is pretty high for nolva though.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Nolva is actually the better between the two from what I’ve read. Nolva can increase the GnRH sensitivity of the pituitary while clomid can actually cause decrease sensitivity to GnRH. Clomid also was shown to increase shbg, which is counterproductive. I’m honestly pretty surprised because I personally felt like clomid worked a little better for me the one time I tried it. 40mg is pretty high for nolva though.
I ran Nolva 40/40/20/20 but I ran an Abomb, Test, Var stack for 16 weeks

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I ran Nolva 40/40/20/20 but I ran an Abomb, Test, Var stack for 16 weeks
Yea higher dosage or longer pct is more for longer cycles. I feel like 6 weeks is a good length for pct after longer cycles, but I don’t know personally.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yea higher dosage or longer pct is more for longer cycles. I feel like 6 weeks is a good length for pct after longer cycles, but I don’t know personally.
Thats why I said for him to extend his run cause 8 weeks of test aint gonna do anything for him

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thats why I said for him to extend his run cause 8 weeks of test aint gonna do anything for him
Definitely wont do much if its cyp/enan. Maybe he’s using prop or phenylprop though. He didn’t really say which he was using haha.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have 4000 mg (2- 10 ml x200mg) which I suspect you do run 400 mg/week for 10 weeks. As these guys said 10 week is a better option and 12 weeks being optimal.

If your running propionate (shorter ester) 8 weeks is fine.

You won't need clomid. nolva is enough. 40 tapering down to 10 looks good. Starting at 40 is pretty common when doing inj. cycles.

HAMinTheTrap

Awards
Just Nolva should be good. But I would push it out for atleast 10 to 12 weeks on test
If you have 4000 mg (2- 10 ml x200mg) which I suspect you do run 400 mg/week for 10 weeks. As these guys said 10 week is a better option and 12 weeks being optimal.

If your running propionate (shorter ester) 8 weeks is fine.

You won't need clomid. nolva is enough. 40 tapering down to 10 looks good. Starting at 40 is pretty common when doing inj. cycles.
Thanks guys, i appreciate the input. Sorry it took me so long to get back at this, but i had many things come up.

Interesting that all of you said nolva alone would be just fine. Because before posting this thread i did some research (aka used google) for var + test pct and pretty much everywhere i saw people recommending the clomid/nolva combo.... which surprised me, and got me to make this thread.

As far as 40 being high, you guys should see the combos i mentioned i saw above... most of them started at 40 nolva, and many had clomid at 100! i was like "wtf"...

Anyway, yeah, test prop, for the reasons already mentioned itt. But out of curiosity... if i was to go C, E or a blend and extend it to 10-12... what would you guys do about the var? kickstart or finish? Or extend it to the full cycle? wouldnt that be too long/much for a 17-aa?