What happened to real cycles?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The last time I was on this site, years ago, people were actually taking real cycles. Now, very few people seem to be running quality cycles...it seems to all be pro hormones. What happened?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most of the questions here are posted by noobz.

Noobz tend to prefer orals.

Guys who run "real cycles" tend to know what theyre doing (or at least believe they do) and so generally dont post questions.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To add to what nac said i think people have accepted phs as great compounds rather than weak **** with unknown sides.

SouthPawSD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As a noob, I'd say because for 1 when i started I didn't feel that I was ready for the "real deal". And for someone new to the game, prohormones are also easier to obtain imo. I could also see some people being afraid of needles lol.

As Nac said as well, people only ask questions to things they don't know, so veterans don't have a reason to post unless they want to run a log/ answer questions.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The last time I was on this site, years ago, people were actually taking real cycles. Now, very few people seem to be running quality cycles...it seems to all be pro hormones. What happened?
The Old School Hormone forum seems to be gone now. This was where all the real deal goods were posted about. But yes, those with experience tend not to post about these as much.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To add to what nac said i think people have accepted phs as great compounds rather than weak **** with unknown sides.
They are funny though. Taking all these unknown pro hormones with all these GNC pcts..just funny stuff. A lot of gym "bros" around these parts now. Watch YouTube..Dave Tate vs gym bro..that clip makes me smile

Demgainz

Demgainz

Awards
  • Established
I was just going to mention the old school hormone forum. I liked it a lot and could get a lot of info from the runs there.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was just going to mention the old school hormone forum. I liked it a lot and could get a lot of info from the runs there.
Amen brother. You can all the designer garbage and shove it, it's no match for real gear. All these little bro scientists and their pro hormones..too funny. If you are going to do it, do it right for crying out loud.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah, there just scared of needles
Exactly this⬆, unless they can’t pin for whatever reason. Why take something that has more sides and more taxing on the system (in most cases) and more expensive?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Exactly this⬆, unless they can’t pin for whatever reason. Why take something that has more sides and more taxing on the system (in most cases) and more expensive?
Thank God people are talking logic. Im so sick of reading "hey bros, im gonna stack hdrol and epistane with a dmz finish for like 6 weeks..gonna get huge" I don't even know if what I wrote makes sense because that crap makes no sense. Once you pin, there is no going back. It is, without a doubt, the best and safest way to run gear

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hasn’t changed one bit. I would say that from 2005-2014 this forum was dominated by Prohormone talk.

My question is, how many of these threads have been started basically word for word copies of each other?

Over/Under...50???

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hasn’t changed one bit. I would say that from 2005-2014 this forum was dominated by Prohormone talk.

My question is, how many of these threads have been started basically word for word copies of each other?

Over/Under...50???
Well over 100

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People forget that this is also a very mainstream forum with much more to offer than the Anabolic section. It is the natural progression for most to find AM early on, learn some stuff, run some Prohormones, gain some experience, and move on to real gear. And also onto more underground steroid forums.

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Amen brother. You can all the designer garbage and shove it, it's no match for real gear. All these little bro scientists and their pro hormones..too funny. If you are going to do it, do it right for crying out loud.
I empathise with this kind of thinking but disagree with the Elitist mindset in its expression. To be clear, fwiw, Im personally done with orals (other than ancilliaries). But I dont think the world, people, PEDs, are so black-white that Id go as far as classifying a certain type as dumb/useless.

People can be dumb, for sure, but that is a universal truism regardless of what drug we choose to take.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You just joined. What’s your previous username?

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most of the questions here are posted by noobz.

Noobz tend to prefer orals.

Guys who run "real cycles" tend to know what theyre doing (or at least believe they do) and so generally dont post questions.
I have no idea what I’m doing and just take a bunch of shiit and hope it all sticks. Hardcore.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You started out good but now you look stupid and like a newb.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
People forget that this is also a very mainstream forum with much more to offer than the Anabolic section. It is the natural progression for most to find AM early on, learn some stuff, run some Prohormones, gain some experience, and move on to real gear. And also onto more underground steroid forums.
I can agree to this, but also as someone who’s been in the game a while, I have a deep respect for designer compounds.
I also have hate for them(17aa compounds), but the science of them out weighs that. If getting big and strong was my ultimate goal, I would in no way discredit any ds/ph that is available.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As a noob, I'd say because for 1 when i started I didn't feel that I was ready for the "real deal". And for someone new to the game, prohormones are also easier to obtain imo. I could also see some people being afraid of needles lol.

As Nac said as well, people only ask questions to things they don't know, so veterans don't have a reason to post unless they want to run a log/ answer questions.
~2.5 years ago started really out of shape got back at cardio and weights and joined AM forum about two years ago. From here, start with strong methyl Oral PHs with cycle support and then SARS hit goals and gainz...but liver to risk from long term orals rose so made myself comfortable with Test E pins finally.

PoSiTiVeFLoW

PoSiTiVeFLoW

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yup... Where i Am at now.

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What I’ve always loved about AM all these many years are all the articles and such, the training forum, anti-aging and injury prevention / rehab forum (which is fairly new now) but AM has always been a source for lots of overall knowledge. Things people should all definitely learn before diving in the deep end

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
One reason I don't check in like I use to 5 years ago. I understand everyone stats somewhere but I just about every post seems tp be question about a DHEA cycle.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah, there just scared of needles
I think this makes up a good portion of the reasons. I also think noobs tell themselves that if they can get it OTC and it isn’t invasive, then it isn’t *cheating*. They just make up the rules as they go.

I find it funny though that people call others a cheater even when they are not competing in any sport and they aren’t going to get “disqualified” for using certain PED’s. The point is that we get into shape, not that we honor the desires of the beta male and its not about giving them a fair chance to compete with you in appearance or strength!

A very similar and less subtle movement reflects this attitude of men but its mostly women behind the movement, which is called the “body positive movement”. Now I will concede that there are some truths to be understood about people manifesting their self-perception - we see that in all sorts of facets in life. Politicians do it well by causing entire populations of people to believe they are victims or that they are hopeless or that they are beneath another group and lo, they tend to act that way as a result.

But the body positive movement is also trying to erradicate standards of beauty & greatness, which just isn’t possible nor is it good for society. Similar to this movement, men are wanting the body others have but simply aren’t willing to do what it takes to get there, thus, they attempt to disqualify those standards and set new, and lower, standards for themselves. So there you have it - the reason we have a swathe of liars amongst us in regards to being “natty or not” and why many refuse to do the traditional AAS.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The internet happened. Mainly YouTube and IG all stars and the social media era. Forums as a whole have died and with the new divisions like men’s physique and classic have done away with “hardcore” guys.

People also don’t want to listen. They now look to places like this for validation and quick fixes

Also, some don’t have access to real stuff and the Ph Avenue is what they have to use

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Some oral AAS are great compounds. All ph in my opinion are not.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anadrol, dbol, var, winny, halo, to name a few. The real versions of these of course.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Some oral AAS are great compounds. All ph in my opinion are not.
Not all phs are good but I wouldn't say all aas are good either. Also, are we talking about things like sd as a ph which it was originally set out to be?

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I gained more mass from epistane, halodrol and msten than I did with tbol and anavar. So to say that ph’s weren’t worth anything is plain false.

I’m not trying to defend one or the other. I personally run aas, phs, and SARMS. Are they not “real cycles”?

Glycomann

Glycomann

Awards
I did Ostarine and Ligandrol together and it was pretty good little cycle. Hard and full and leaning effects. That's pretty much what I was looking for.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I gained more mass from epistane, halodrol and msten than I did with tbol and anavar. So to say that ph’s weren’t worth anything is plain false.

I’m not trying to defend one or the other. I personally run aas, phs, and SARMS. Are they not “real cycles”?
Agree about tbol and anavar. Winstrol and anadrol are the only ones that blew my mind first time using them.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anadrol and dianabol are great with test. As a power lifter, I stay away from var and winny. Plus, var is crazy expensive.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

The anecdotal evidence on top of data based evidence shows peds are effective.

Getting into this argument is like trying to be the best at anything. There’s always going to someone going more hardcore.

All the steroid hormones on the market with 4 carbon skeletons work.
Whether it be 4-dhea or Testosterone

I personally like sd above all other orals.
I stay on test cyp because it’s just easy. 1/2ml 1x a week is just simple.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Not all phs are good but I wouldn't say all aas are good either. Also, are we talking about things like sd as a ph which it was originally set out to be?
superdrol is an AAS not a prohormones AT ALL. It is active in its final form.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
The abbreviative terms AAS/DS/PH/PS are often misused or misrepresented.

AAS = Anabolic/Androgenic Steroid or Androgenic/Anabolic Steroid.

Common and curently labeled AAS/DS/PH, that are deliverable via IM/SC/TD/SL/oral methods, can all fall under the parent category of "AAS". If the compound has a basic 4-ring skeleton and exerts both anabolic and androgenic properties via activational cellular processes, it is an AAS - varying degrees of activation notwithstanding. Some are old school. Some are new school. Some are "designer". Some fall into the oft mis-represented category of "PH" but can still exert A/A properties in BOTH it's original and converted "parent" form. Even some of the metabolites/pre-cursors of a parent compound can be condsidered to be biologically active steroids. There are varying degrees to which any particular steroid can activate some sort of transcriptional process, both mild and profound.

As a side note, DHEA is a steroid as well, regardless off it's binding affinity. It can activate both androgenic and estrogenic processes within the body, and without conversion to stronger downstream hormones.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
superdrol is an AAS not a prohormones AT ALL. It is active in its final form.
Active in its final form does not mean it doesn't require a conversion before that, though, right? Serious question.

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Active in its final form does not mean it doesn't require a conversion before that, though, right? Serious question.
It doesn’t convert in the body though as far as I know.

DMZ for example needs to convert into its final active form once in your body. It is a prohormone.

I believe it splits into two superdrol molecules...however I’m guessing straight SD is stronger as you don’t have potential for loss during conversion

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
So you’re saying there isn’t data from the 60’s on it?
It was developed in the 50’s if I recall so no, I’m not saying that. It has medical studies done on it, however It has been produced more as a designer steroid idk how anyone can argue that.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It doesn’t convert in the body though as far as I know.

DMZ for example needs to convert into its final active form once in your body. It is a prohormone.

I believe it splits into two superdrol molecules...however I’m guessing straight SD is stronger as you don’t have potential for loss during conversion
The nitrogen bond is what changes the effects of dzine compared to strait sd.
Dzine is an active compound. It isn’t what y’all are calling a pro hormone. There’s no target hormone.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It was developed in the 50’s if I recall so no, I’m not saying that. It has medical studies done on it, however It has been produced more as a designer steroid idk how anyone can argue that.
A designer steroid is something that has never been seen before.

Anabolic androgenic steroids include any steroid hormones.
I’m just trolling you. :banana: