Post Finasteride 5/6 Months - Recovery Advice (Generic Blood Panel)

Trump1776

Awards
Good Afternoon,
I have been off of Propecia due to sexual side effects for roughly 5/6 months, and although I have gained some energy back, my low libido is still present. Some days are better than others.
So, I decided to get bloodwork done from my primary care doctor and the results of out of range tests are as follows:

AST: 42 (10-40)
ALT: 83 (10-60)
Vitamin D: 26 (30-100)
Testosterone: 370 (260-816)

I do not have any other tests results for LH or FSM or E2, etc. My Thyroid was 2.0 (.45 - 5.33) So near mid range.

I believe I am a good candidate for a possible HTPA restart, but wanted some input on the above values.

Any help would be appreciated. I can beat this ****, but I want to know where to start.
And before anyone asks why I haven’t tested the LH or FSM E2, it’s because my doctor is retarded. If I need to, I will have it done. Just wanted advice up to this point.

Thanks

Robert11

Awards
Why is your ALT so high? Any liver issues? This can cause energy issues. What did your doc say about the out of range liver enzyme?

Trump1776

Awards
I don't think he's very helpful. Old timer kinda fella.

I had taken 6 advil and Immetrex for a migraine the day before, but I don't think that would cause it.

I have no idea. I was hoping someone would shed some light on why it would be the case.

Trump1776

Awards
Nope. Waste of time.
Take medicine for depression, but have for quite some time.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good Afternoon,
I have been off of Propecia due to sexual side effects for roughly 5/6 months, and although I have gained some energy back, my low libido is still present. Some days are better than others.
So, I decided to get bloodwork done from my primary care doctor and the results of out of range tests are as follows:

AST: 42 (10-40)
ALT: 83 (10-60)
Vitamin D: 26 (30-100)
Testosterone: 370 (260-816)

I do not have any other tests results for LH or FSM or E2, etc. My Thyroid was 2.0 (.45 - 5.33) So near mid range.

I believe I am a good candidate for a possible HTPA restart, but wanted some input on the above values.

Any help would be appreciated. I can beat this ****, but I want to know where to start.
And before anyone asks why I haven’t tested the LH or FSM E2, it’s because my doctor is retarded. If I need to, I will have it done. Just wanted advice up to this point.

Thanks
Your TEST is clearly low and I am sure was during the Finasteride cycle. Finasteride actually raises total TEST because there is less conversion to DHT. Having low TEST to begin with and then adding Finasteride is a 1-2 punch to your libido.

How old are you? Have you had prior bloods done? If so what were the results? You need more blood work. Get free TEST and DHT checked, LH, FSH, SHBG and E2.

In the meantime I would jump on Clomid 25mg for 6-8 weeks. Come off for 4 weeks. Then get bloods done again. If your still low you need to consider TRT. Finasteride is not the cause of your low TEST.

Trump1776

Awards
I agree I need those tests done. I do not, however, agree with your statement that finasteride didn't cause these side effects. They did, as is apparent my my low sex drive after taking the drug.

If it looks like a duck... Catch my drift?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope. Waste of time.
Take medicine for depression, but have for quite some time.
If you are taking Cymbalta then that could be the reason for liver issues.