Amazon DHEA

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
I recently discovered amazon has A TON of dhea supplements for very cheap. Im talking about like 8 dollars for a momths supply. Why would people buy Super-4/ dermacrine whatever if it is so abundently available for a cheap price?

Anybody have any experience as amazon DHEA for a test base?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I use a pretty generic oral DHEA in addition to my TRT along with other staples.
The bioavailability of oral is much less than transdermal but it works just fine for me orally.

Best Naturals, Micronized DHEA 25 mg 180 Capsules $11.85

A test base is for energy and mood, so consider the reasoning behind using DHEA (Oral or Transdermal)
You'll see people suggesting 4-DHEA. DHEA would be just fine. It comes in 10; 25; 50mg caps.

The question is, what are you pairing it up with? Why the need for a test base?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
I use a pretty generic oral DHEA in addition to my TRT along with other staples.
The bioavailability of oral is much less than transdermal but it works just fine for me orally.

Best Naturals, Micronized DHEA 25 mg 180 Capsules $11.85

A test base is for energy and mood, so consider the reasoning behind using DHEA (Oral or Transdermal)
You'll see people suggesting 4-DHEA. DHEA would be just fine. It comes in 10; 25; 50mg caps.

The question is, what are you pairing it up with? Why the need for a test base?
I just looked at dermacrines marketing materials and it claims "up to 20 times stronger than normal DHEA".... not sure what the science is behind that or if its a combination of the other ingredients

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DHEA transdermal has a better bioavailability than oral, hence the number, and it does not have to go through the liver.
I also take oral Pregnenolone which is included with a few other ingredients. Once you add up the individuals and consider the transdermal application along with your reason for taking it versus mine, you'll see short-term expense might outweigh the long-term savings based on usage.

I'm using them for my TRT treatment which is for life, and at my age (53) it makes sense to go with the oral application versus transdermal. It's more economical and my test base is Test. :)

As for yours, if it is cycle related and short term, then maybe consider the transdermal.
Understand, if you are taking something that suppresses or shuts down your endogenous testosterone, the oral version of DHEA may not be enough to help with the effects, hence the need to offset the lethargy associated.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
DHEA transdermal has a better bioavailability than oral, hence the number, and it does not have to go through the liver.
I also take oral Pregnenolone which is included with a few other ingredients. Once you add up the individuals and consider the transdermal application along with your reason for taking it versus mine, you'll see short-term expense might outweigh the long-term savings based on usage.

I'm using them for my TRT treatment which is for life, and at my age (53) it makes sense to go with the oral application versus transdermal. It's more economical and my test base is Test. :)

As for yours, if it is cycle related and short term, then maybe consider the transdermal.
Well sup3r-4 is oral, would this be comparable to the dhea you mentioned? I would be taking it as a test base to offset LGD sides but its hard for me to rationalize 2 momths expense of dermacrine which is as much or more than the LGD.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would give the standard oral DHEA a try. 25mg Increased dose if necessary, but go by how you feel.
This is the problem one runs into when running substances like LGD. They are experimental and everyone is different in how they respond.
Of course, there is the question. If you don't feel lethargic, is it legitimate LGD? or are you just not responding as others with lethargy?

Also, what are you taking for your on cycle support?
Liver Support.

PCT?

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is what I get on Amazon

Life-Flo DHEA PLUS Cream

Its the real deal.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what I get on Amazon

Life-Flo DHEA PLUS Cream

Its the real deal.
DHEA is listed as the 7th ingredient from the top on the label. That means this is probably not as effective to use for DHEA supplementation. I recommend Prothera brand oral capsules. Bloodwork proves it works.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
I will be using Arimicare Pro for cycle assist which has me covered from all angles and nolva 20/20/10/10 + Super PCT for my pct.

Ill check out the amazon DHEA supps posted here because they seem like a much better alternative to paying 60 bucks for one months supply.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
I would give the standard oral DHEA a try. 25mg Increased dose if necessary, but go by how you feel.
This is the problem one runs into when running substances like LGD. They are experimental and everyone is different in how they respond.
Of course, there is the question. If you don't feel lethargic, is it legitimate LGD? or are you just not responding as others with lethargy?

Also, what are you taking for your on cycle support?
Liver Support.

PCT?
Also standard DHEA says to cycle for roughly 8 weeks, do you take time off dhea or do you continue to run without time off? Same question applies to prognenolone.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
DHEA is listed as the 7th ingredient from the top on the label. That means this is probably not as effective to use for DHEA supplementation. I recommend Prothera brand oral capsules. Bloodwork proves it works.
This is the plus version. So you can use on your face etc. You can get the For men version which has 30mg and none of the other stuff.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
What doses do you guys take for DHEA? Everything i read suggests no more than 25-50 mg but i think most DHEA supps on strongsuppshop are at like 130?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. I intend to dose dhea at 50 mg/ day, pregnenolone at 30 mg and resveratrol at 100 mg.

Wondering if the resveratrol would be overkill as im already taking arimicare pro?

IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks man. I intend to dose dhea at 50 mg/ day, pregnenolone at 30 mg and resveratrol at 100 mg.

Wondering if the resveratrol would be overkill as im already taking arimicare pro?
Comparing oral to transdermal is like comparing apples and oranges. not only is transdermal more efficient in comparing bioavailability, the skin actually has enzymes that help convert DHEA to target steroids...such as DHT.

the combination of ingredients in Dermacrine has been tried and proven and the carrier was perfected over years of development.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's not on Amazon, but Alpha Gainz licenses our transdermal technology (Iron Legion Salvo)...they have DHEA TD that would allow you to run 50mg/day transdermally and that usually goes for like $20 (can find at NP and others). They also have Alpha P5 - pregnenolone transdermal that offers 25mg * 30 servings...I bet .5ml of Alpha P5 for 60 days would suite you fine, when stacked with the DHEA TD.

you could get 60 days of both for like $35 at Nutraplanet.

IconicForm

IconicForm

Board Sponsor
Awards
Also, if you're looking for a good deal...should checkout the promo we're running at iconicformulations.com (ends January 31st)

Won't be as cheap as the oral versions you're looking at, but it's a good deal for Dermacrine :thumbsup:

Robert11

Awards
Comparing oral to transdermal is like comparing apples and oranges. not only is transdermal more efficient in comparing bioavailability, the skin actually has enzymes that help convert DHEA to target steroids...such as DHT.

the combination of ingredients in Dermacrine has been tried and proven and the carrier was perfected over years of development.
How is that? Neither type of DHEA can convert to DHT directly. It needs to first be converted to test.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How is that? Neither type of DHEA can convert to DHT directly. It needs to first be converted to test.
Actually...

FTA: The skin as an endocrine organ
Hormone Synthesis in Human Skin
Human skin produces hormones which are released in the circulation and are important for functions of the entire human organism.21 Major examples are sex steroids, whereas a large proportion of androgens and estrogens in men and women are synthesized locally in peripheral target tissues from the inactive adrenal precursors DHEA and androstenedione.10,11,16 DHEA and androstenedione are converted to testosterone or to 5α-DHT by different pathways through the involvement of the three isotypes of the intracellular enzyme 5α-reductase and of the isotypes of 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase,11,16 thus making the skin responsible for considerable amounts of the circulating 5α-DHT levels. The best estimate of the intracrine formation of estrogens in peripheral tissues in women is in the order of 75% before menopause and close to 100% after menopause, except for a small contribution from ovarian and/or adrenal testosterone and androstenedione.12 Thus, in postmenopausal women, almost all active sex steroids are made in target tissues by an intracrine mechanism.

Moreover, insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-binding protein-3 message levels are greater in the skin that in the liver and circulating IGF-binding protein-3 concentrations are significantly increased by growth hormone and IGF-1.22 GH has a direct function in the regulation of IGF-binding protein-3 synthesis, and the response of skin IGF-binding protein-3 mRNA levels to both GH and IGF-I suggests that dermal fibroblasts could be more important than the liver in the regulation of circulating reservoir IGF-binding protein-3 in certain circumstances.

At last but not least, human skin produces hormones which are released in the circulation and are permanently important for functions of the entire human organism, such as vitamin D.15 The skin is the unique site of cholecalciferol synthesis,23,24 which derives from cholesterol. Epidermal keratinocytes contain both the machinery needed to produce calcitriol and vitamin D receptor.15,25.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836429/