LGD effective in caloric deficit?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys,

Im trying to gain some muscle starting Feb 1 and will be running LGD 10 mg a day for 10 weeks alongside dermacrine as a test base.

I was curious if LGD will still yeild results eating adequate protein but minimal calories. I know Osta certainly increases muscle while in a defecit while also lowers BF. Given the anabolic to androgenic ratio of LGD is 10 times that of Osta one would assume LGD would put on even more muscle while in a defecit than Osta, yet not as much as you would benefit while mantaining a surplus.

Any advice/ experience?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interested ??

mikephilip

Awards
Well, if you are looking at 2 cycles, you are far better to go stacked, than single. The results are so amplified..

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
You're saying stacking LGD and Osta? That sounds like a suppression nightmare and not sure i really want to do that.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have done this. Gained about 4-5 pounds while dropping fat. I ended up with about 2 pounds of muscle after water came off. Strength went up a lot. Your gains will definitely be diminished but you can lose fat and still hold on to and even gain a little muscle.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have done this. Gained about 4-5 pounds while dropping fat. I ended up with about 2 pounds of muscle after water came off. Strength went up a lot. Your gains will definitely be diminished but you can lose fat and still hold on to and even gain a little muscle.
Now that sounds Good!!

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Bump for relevance. I am just over 4 weeks into my lgd cycle and feel much fuller and stronger. I have been trying to regulate my calories and most days coming in at 200 below maintenance. Ive dropped about 3% BF so far (From 16 to 13).

I want to get the best results from LGD. Should i continue in a defecit or start eating my ass off?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bump for relevance. I am just over 4 weeks into my lgd cycle and feel much fuller and stronger. I have been trying to regulate my calories and most days coming in at 200 below maintenance. Ive dropped about 3% BF so far (From 16 to 13).

I want to get the best results from LGD. Should i continue in a defecit or start eating my ass off?
Good Question!

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Fullness is probably more water retention. Only you can answer your question. If your goal is fat loss then stick with it. If you want to gain as much muscle as possible start eating.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Fullness is probably more water retention. Only you can answer your question. If your goal is fat loss then stick with it. If you want to gain as much muscle as possible start eating.
Well i mean my goal is a lean bulk but being in a deficit and gaining muscle usually doesnt happen unless ur on real gear. Im asking if lean bulking while on LGD will yeild substantial results or if i should just go the conventional route of just trying to actually bulk with a surplus

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well i mean my goal is a lean bulk but being in a deficit and gaining muscle usually doesnt happen unless ur on real gear. Im asking if lean bulking while on LGD will yeild substantial results or if i should just go the conventional route of just trying to actually bulk with a surplus
I would eat at maintenance then.