Quick question on 1,4 andro run

D

DieselJD

Awards
Just have a quick question on 1,4 andro run. Have my pct and all of that set, just wondering what are the most important components for on cycle support? I have aromasin on hand just in case, but I dont feel like buying a all in one cycle support product. Seems like I do not need liver support from what some people have been saying, but probably something for blood pressure? Hawthorn and maybe some dandelion root? Anything else? Basically just trying to piece together on cycle support with the necessary ingredients.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Just get something like CEL Cyle assist... I know you said (for whatever unknown reason) you didnt want an all-in-one, but its gonna end up being cheaper than buying 4-5 other things and piecing them together.

D

DieselJD

Awards
Yeah but if I dont need all of the things in cel wouldnt it be cheaper? Or you think itd be beneficial just to have all of those support ingredients

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I just used cel assist on a 1/4/epi andro run precisely because it gives a good dose of the basic supports you would want on any cycle.

Definitely the way you should go imo

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah but if I dont need all of the things in cel wouldnt it be cheaper? Or you think itd be beneficial just to have all of those support ingredients
You really do need most of them or something that would do the same thing... really the only thing you dont need would be additional/stronger liver support like tudca which isn't in it anyways. For like $15 a bottle its still gonna be cheaper than buying 4-5 different bottles at $5-10 each of single ingredients.plus you wont have to worry about remembering the right dose for each, carrying 20 different pills around, etc

D

DieselJD

Awards
You really do need most of them or something that would do the same thing... really the only thing you dont need would be additional/stronger liver support like tudca which isn't in it anyways. For like $15 a bottle its still gonna be cheaper than buying 4-5 different bottles at $5-10 each of single ingredients.plus you wont have to worry about remembering the right dose for each, carrying 20 different pills around, etc
Cheapest I can find is around 25. Thats why I asked because you said "most". If there is ones I can leave out and I have a gift card to a certain retail establishment, I would rather use the free money I have.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cheapest I can find is around 25. Thats why I asked because you said "most". If there is ones I can leave out and I have a gift card to a certain retail establishment, I would rather use the free money I have.
you're still not gonna get much... even for $25 (free) you're only gonna get maybe 2-3 at most brick supp stores. Even walmart you can't usually buy for less than $5/ingredient

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Here's the write-up and reasoning for each ingredient... really up to you to decide if/what you want to skimp on but IMO to save a few bucks its not worth risking your longer term health. Hell, a single trip to the doc will cost you more than your entire cycle if something even feels off to you. Just my opinion.

N-Acetyl Cysteine (750mg)
N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, NAC, is an incredibly powerful antioxidant and primary substrate for glutathione (another potent antioxidant) in the body that defends against oxidative stress brought about by widespread free radicals.[1,2,3] NAC is also an extremely effective liver protectant, as shown in several clinical trials.[4,5]

Milk Thistle (500mg)
Milk Thistle is a well-known liver detoxicant, primarily thanks to the compound silymarin, contained inside it. And that’s exactly what CEL is standardizing for in Cycle Assist. They’ve used an extract standardized for 80% silymarin.

Milk thistle also enhances protein and DNA synthesis in the liver, and has been deemed a viable treatment method for alcoholic liver cirrhosis and alcohol poisoning according to a systematic review.[6]

Pantothenic Acid (500mg)
Pantothenic Acid, a.k.a. Vitamin B5, is essential to the creation of red blood cells and adrenal hormones. In the body, it’s converted to Coenzyme A, which is necessary for energy production, but Vitamin B5 is also required for regulating healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels.[7] And, it’s also commonly used to prevent and treat acne, a common side effect of hormonal supplements.[8]

Hawthorn Berry (450mg)
Various species of the Hawthorn plant have been used for centuries as a remedy for all sorts of complications of the heart. Modern research has shown that those ancient cultures were onto something with the humble berry, as it’s been shown to be effective for treating congestive heart failure and arrhythmias.[9,10]

Saw Palmetto (160mg)
As the years tick by, men know that one of the things they need to look out for is enlargement of their prostate, as it’s one of the earliest signs of prostate cancer. But, an enlarged prostate is also a possible side effect from anabolics.

Cycle Assist includes Saw Palmetto, which has been shown to suppress prostate growth[11], keep your most vital of areas safe and sound!

Celery Seed 10:1 Extract (75mg)
Celery seed is used primarily for two reasons in cycle assist supplements. It helps combat high blood pressure (hypertension)[12] and it’s also a powerful liver protector.[13] You’ll also see it sometimes in weight loss aids, due to celery seed’s diuretic effects in the body.

Grape Seed Extract (75mg)
Grape Seed Extract ROS
Not only is grape seed extract extremely effective for increasing nitric oxide, it’s also beneficial for combatting reactive oxygen species (ROS).

Grape seed extract is loaded with numerous catechins and tannins that support blood flow and heart health primarily due to increasing nitric oxide (NO) production in the body. More N.O. means greater vasodilation which supports optimal circulation.[14,15]

Grape seed extract increases endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase (eNOS)[16], the primary enzyme responsible for stimulating nitric oxide in the body.

Vitamin B6 (50mg)
Vitamin B6 is another of the well known member of the B vitamin family that’s essential for energy production, protein metabolism, and red blood cell formation. Vitamin B6 is also very important in regards to cardiovascular function where it helps regulate blood pressure.[17] It’s also crucial to regulating homocysteine levels in the body too.[18]

We’ve also discussed how Vitamin B6 helps prevent prolactin from causing any lactation issues, something guys surely don’t want. Vitamin B6 induces increased amounts of dopamine, which takes a competing pathway against prolactin.

But if your main concern is prolactin/lactation, you’re going to want a bit more, plus some mucuna pruriens (you can read more about this in our post cycle therapy guide). In the meantime, this is a wonderful added addition to your multivitamin.

Policosanol (25mg)
Policosanol Molecule
Policosanol is an effective cholesterol lowering agent.

Policosanol is another cholesterol fighting ingredient that’s derived from Cuban sugarcane. First and foremost, policosanol helps breakdown LDL (bad) cholesterol and lower production of cholesterol in the liver.[19,20] The compound also is commonly used to support heart health too!

Zinc Gluconate (15mg)
Zinc is an essential mineral involved in hundreds of enzymatic reactions in the body and provides immune support due to its actions as an antioxidant. The mighty mineral also is vital for prostate health, and may plan an essential role in detoxifying the liver from alcohol.[21]

D

DieselJD

Awards
Here's the write-up and reasoning for each ingredient... really up to you to decide if/what you want to skimp on but IMO to save a few bucks its not worth risking your longer term health. Hell, a single trip to the doc will cost you more than your entire cycle if something even feels off to you. Just my opinion.

N-Acetyl Cysteine (750mg)
N-Acetyl L-Cysteine, NAC, is an incredibly powerful antioxidant and primary substrate for glutathione (another potent antioxidant) in the body that defends against oxidative stress brought about by widespread free radicals.[1,2,3] NAC is also an extremely effective liver protectant, as shown in several clinical trials.[4,5]

Milk Thistle (500mg)
Milk Thistle is a well-known liver detoxicant, primarily thanks to the compound silymarin, contained inside it. And that’s exactly what CEL is standardizing for in Cycle Assist. They’ve used an extract standardized for 80% silymarin.

Milk thistle also enhances protein and DNA synthesis in the liver, and has been deemed a viable treatment method for alcoholic liver cirrhosis and alcohol poisoning according to a systematic review.[6]

Pantothenic Acid (500mg)
Pantothenic Acid, a.k.a. Vitamin B5, is essential to the creation of red blood cells and adrenal hormones. In the body, it’s converted to Coenzyme A, which is necessary for energy production, but Vitamin B5 is also required for regulating healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels.[7] And, it’s also commonly used to prevent and treat acne, a common side effect of hormonal supplements.[8]

Hawthorn Berry (450mg)
Various species of the Hawthorn plant have been used for centuries as a remedy for all sorts of complications of the heart. Modern research has shown that those ancient cultures were onto something with the humble berry, as it’s been shown to be effective for treating congestive heart failure and arrhythmias.[9,10]

Saw Palmetto (160mg)
As the years tick by, men know that one of the things they need to look out for is enlargement of their prostate, as it’s one of the earliest signs of prostate cancer. But, an enlarged prostate is also a possible side effect from anabolics.

Cycle Assist includes Saw Palmetto, which has been shown to suppress prostate growth[11], keep your most vital of areas safe and sound!

Celery Seed 10:1 Extract (75mg)
Celery seed is used primarily for two reasons in cycle assist supplements. It helps combat high blood pressure (hypertension)[12] and it’s also a powerful liver protector.[13] You’ll also see it sometimes in weight loss aids, due to celery seed’s diuretic effects in the body.

Grape Seed Extract (75mg)
Grape Seed Extract ROS
Not only is grape seed extract extremely effective for increasing nitric oxide, it’s also beneficial for combatting reactive oxygen species (ROS).

Grape seed extract is loaded with numerous catechins and tannins that support blood flow and heart health primarily due to increasing nitric oxide (NO) production in the body. More N.O. means greater vasodilation which supports optimal circulation.[14,15]

Grape seed extract increases endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase (eNOS)[16], the primary enzyme responsible for stimulating nitric oxide in the body.

Vitamin B6 (50mg)
Vitamin B6 is another of the well known member of the B vitamin family that’s essential for energy production, protein metabolism, and red blood cell formation. Vitamin B6 is also very important in regards to cardiovascular function where it helps regulate blood pressure.[17] It’s also crucial to regulating homocysteine levels in the body too.[18]

We’ve also discussed how Vitamin B6 helps prevent prolactin from causing any lactation issues, something guys surely don’t want. Vitamin B6 induces increased amounts of dopamine, which takes a competing pathway against prolactin.

But if your main concern is prolactin/lactation, you’re going to want a bit more, plus some mucuna pruriens (you can read more about this in our post cycle therapy guide). In the meantime, this is a wonderful added addition to your multivitamin.

Policosanol (25mg)
Policosanol Molecule
Policosanol is an effective cholesterol lowering agent.

Policosanol is another cholesterol fighting ingredient that’s derived from Cuban sugarcane. First and foremost, policosanol helps breakdown LDL (bad) cholesterol and lower production of cholesterol in the liver.[19,20] The compound also is commonly used to support heart health too!

Zinc Gluconate (15mg)
Zinc is an essential mineral involved in hundreds of enzymatic reactions in the body and provides immune support due to its actions as an antioxidant. The mighty mineral also is vital for prostate health, and may plan an essential role in detoxifying the liver from alcohol.[21]
Yeah I have read this. I was just thinking that maybe this was overkill for 1,4 and I would be fine taking some of the ingredients out. Doesnt seem to be the case I guess.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah I have read this. I was just thinking that maybe this was overkill for 1,4 and I would be fine taking some of the ingredients out. Doesnt seem to be the case I guess.
I would not simply because you’re at most gonna save a few bucks but that’s not worth any amount of risk imo

coltonwalker

coltonwalker

Awards
I would not simply because you’re at most gonna save a few bucks but that’s not worth any amount of risk imo
Agree. Spend the extra cash. What's 25 anyway. It's worth it