8 week ostarine/cardarine recomp

stespiel

stespiel

Awards
I've been on the couch for two weeks recovering from hernia repair surgery and will be out of the gym completely for another 2-4 weeks. I should be back to lifting light weights mid January and hopefully back to my previous lifting weights around week 10 of recovery (mid February).

I want to be back in shape for a beach trip at the end of May so my plan is to start mid-Feb with cardarine (GW-501516) + ostarine (MK-2866) for an 8 week recomp. I will fire up a new log thread when I'm ready with blood work and pics. Here are my details:

- 33yo
- 160lbs 5’8” 13%bf (guessing, will take measurements closer to start)
- Lifting since 18yo, mostly crossfit as of the last 5 years, but switching to regular gym for a while
- Did my first cycle two years ago (halodrol) which was pretty successful. I logged it here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/276733-6-week-halo.html
- Recomp goal by end of May: if I stay the same weight that's fine as long as I'm putting on muscle and losing fat. Long-term goal is to be a lean 175 but for now I just want to look good with my shirt off. Cals will be around maintenance, will adjust carbs as needed.
- *Will be getting bloodwork before day 1 and again on my last day before PCT and will assess whether I need the clomid or not.

380 squat
265 bench
410 deadlift
160 strict press
240 clean and jerk
165 snatch
4:02 fran
...although this will probably all be down the ****ter after my surgery recovery.

The plan is..

8 WEEKS OF:
- ostarine 25/25/25/25/25/25/25/25
- cardarine 10/10/20/20/20/20/20/20
- CEL cycle assist the whole time
- aromasin on hand (eod if I get high e sides)

PCT IF NECESSARY:
- clomid* 25/25/12.5/12.5

Will probably do a standard push/pull split mostly in the higher rep range (8-12) focusing on compound movements and some isolation on the beach muscles ;)

Open to feedback/recommendations/tweaks/etc. Thanks guys-

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it looks good man.
Not sure about gaining muscle with Osta but will for sure preserve it while eating at a deficit

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Looks good with the exception if "pct if necessary". 8 weeks of osta is absolutely suppressive. It has shown dropping test levels from 600-700 to the 200 range. Your body will rebound naturally from an 8 week cycle but why push your body so hard? Just run the clomid regardless of how suppressed you "feel".

stespiel

stespiel

Awards
Looks good with the exception if "pct if necessary". 8 weeks of osta is absolutely suppressive. It has shown dropping test levels from 600-700 to the 200 range. Your body will rebound naturally from an 8 week cycle but why push your body so hard? Just run the clomid regardless of how suppressed you "feel".
Agreed, I won’t be going by feel, I’m getting blood work done at the end the 8 weeks and if I’m suppressed I will absolutely be running the clomid.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why “if you are suppressed”?
Just run the the Clomid dude.
Better to be safe....

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been on the couch for two weeks recovering from hernia repair surgery and will be out of the gym completely for another 2-4 weeks. I should be back to lifting light weights mid January and hopefully back to my previous lifting weights around week 10 of recovery (mid February).

I want to be back in shape for a beach trip at the end of May so my plan is to start mid-Feb with cardarine (GW-501516) + ostarine (MK-2866) for an 8 week recomp. I will fire up a new log thread when I'm ready with blood work and pics. Here are my details:

- 33yo
- 160lbs 5’8” 13%bf (guessing, will take measurements closer to start)
- Lifting since 18yo, mostly crossfit as of the last 5 years, but switching to regular gym for a while
- Did my first cycle two years ago (halodrol) which was pretty successful. I logged it here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/276733-6-week-halo.html
- Recomp goal by end of May: if I stay the same weight that's fine as long as I'm putting on muscle and losing fat. Long-term goal is to be a lean 175 but for now I just want to look good with my shirt off. Cals will be around maintenance, will adjust carbs as needed.
- *Will be getting bloodwork before day 1 and again on my last day before PCT and will assess whether I need the clomid or not.

380 squat
265 bench
410 deadlift
160 strict press
240 clean and jerk
165 snatch
4:02 fran
...although this will probably all be down the ****ter after my surgery recovery.

The plan is..

8 WEEKS OF:
- ostarine 25/25/25/25/25/25/25/25
- cardarine 10/10/20/20/20/20/20/20
- CEL cycle assist the whole time
- aromasin on hand (eod if I get high e sides)

PCT IF NECESSARY:
- clomid* 25/25/12.5/12.5

Will probably do a standard push/pull split mostly in the higher rep range (8-12) focusing on compound movements and some isolation on the beach muscles ;)

Open to feedback/recommendations/tweaks/etc. Thanks guys-
Looks, good except for the last part; if PCT is necessary. It is, run your SERM.

You can also run OTC products, such as AlphaMax XT or M-Test, with your SERM. X-Gels is also good to maintain strength.

stespiel

stespiel

Awards
Looks, good except for the last part; if PCT is necessary. It is, run your SERM.

You can also run OTC products, such as AlphaMax XT or M-Test, with your SERM. X-Gels is also good to maintain strength.
So you’re saying save my money on the blood work and just run the clomid? I figured if my lh/fsh were okay, a serm would do more harm than good but if that’s not the case then I’ll just run it regardless. Im just going off my previous experience with halo where my lh and fsh were still high end of cycle (test was low) so I skipped the serm and bounced back fine.