Biggest Concerns Using AAS

Biggest Concern Using AAS

• Cardiovascular health (includes cholesterol)

Votes: 176 32.7%
  • Liver Health

Votes: 112 20.8%
  • HPTA shutdow

Votes: 151 28.1%
  • other

Votes: 99 18.4%

• Total voters

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I wanted to know what is the biggest concern for you is as an aas user, if you had to choose one of the following:
cardiovascular health(includes cholesterol), liver health, or hpta shutdown. If you have the time explain. I would assume for most it is cardiovascular but just curious as someone going through HRT might feel differently. Thanks in advance for your replies.:thumbsup:

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I voted other, because I can't just place one above another, I'm concerned about all of them..

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies. Again I understand that these are all concerns but please choose which one is your biggest concern. Other is designated for a concern that you might have that is not listed. If you choose other and have the time please let me and others know the concern. Thanks guys.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
One thing that scares me is the possibility of really F*cking up your prostate.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i'd say cardio, because the liver is usually protected pretty well and has the ability to regenerate - if your heart is f_cked, you're in trouble...

keith1569

Awards
if i could pick 2 it would be prostate and cardio

Trance Boy

Awards
I say all three a major concerns, but to me its the Liver and cardiovascular. True, your liver can be protected to a certain extent. But too much use of AAS will damage your liver, which can lead to liver cancer, and at that point the only other choice is a liver transplant.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Voted cardio. Mainly b/c i don't use many methyl's so liver isn't to much of a problem. HPTA is also a concern but not nearly as much as cardiovascular.

BassMan097

Banned
Awards
You left out kidney failure (just ask Tom Prince), cardiomyopathy (including cardiomegaly - Mike Matarazzo had his first heart attack at 26 i believe), and a bunch of other fun stuff. Does the 'liver health' heading include peliosis hepatits and liver failure, or just elevated liver enzymes?? What about injection site rxns? Bacterial sepsis? Staph endocarditis (which for those of you that aren't familiar is when a type of bacteria called staphylococcus gets into your blood from a non-sterile injection, and sets up shop on your tricuspid valve) can kill you in a matter of days. Oh, almost forgot rebound depression with suicidal ideation following the end of an AAS cycle...

You guys are all playing Russian roulette with your health. Believe me when i tell you all that you can reach your goals (perhaps not of the freakish size you may desire), but definitely definition and conditioning by hard work and DIET. The food you put in your mouth is more powerful than anything you shoot in your ass or any pill you swallow.

I'm no bleeding heart. I've come very close to using AAS many times, but given all that i know and what i've seen first hand in medical settings, there is just no way i could bring myself to do it. We're all young and we think we're going to live forever. And i know most lay people think they can use whatever they want as much as they want and just visit the doctor for bloodwork to monitor LFT's, triglycerides, etc and it'll all be fine. Not so, trust me.

And before anyone jumps down my throat, just know that i'm not chastising any of you guys individually. You all make your own choices, and I'm sure you can rattle off 100's of guys that use or have used, look good, and havent had any serious health problems. Just ask them again when they're 40-50 y/o. And as far as speaking from experience, i've been in gyms since i was sixteen, and i've managed to build an impressive natural physique (which is a never-ending process) while going to college and then medical school full time, so i can speak from both sides of the spectrum regarding AAS use.

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
Cardiovascular is by far my biggest concern, but I do everything I can so that it isn't a concern in the future!!

The others choices are still a concern but not as bad as cardiovascular.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
All of them are major concerns, hence my vote for "other".

ManBeast

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I put HPTA shutdown. The reason being that for me it is the hardest to mitigate and the steps taken to stop it or reverse it are pretty harsh.

Cardio problems aren't really an issue for me. I have good genetics for heart health, and the way to further prevent heart damage is pretty easy: clean diet, cardio, and maybe some celery seed and/or hawthorn berry.

Liver as mentioned is a resilient organ. I don't drink, and orals are taken only for 4 weeks, 6 weeks max for mild orals like M4OHN. Plus Milk Thistle, NAC, and KRALA are simple solutions.

HPTA however is complicated. In order to prevent atrophy I have to meticulously dose HCG while oncycle. I have to monitor my nuts in order to gauge whether to increase or lower dosages (decrease in size = increase dosage, swelling = lower the dosage). Post cycle the drugs to get LH back to normal are harsh as well: Nolvadex and Clomid. I hate these punks. They taste awful and they make me an emotional train wreck. I have to carefully act pretty much like a robot during PCT.

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
anxiety is my main concern. i am one of those "anxiety sensitive" juicers so keeping that in check while on-cycle is my main concern.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I put HPTA shutdown. The reason being that for me it is the hardest to mitigate and the steps taken to stop it or reverse it are pretty harsh.

Cardio problems aren't really an issue for me. I have good genetics for heart health, and the way to further prevent heart damage is pretty easy: clean diet, cardio, and maybe some celery seed and/or hawthorn berry.

Liver as mentioned is a resilient organ. I don't drink, and orals are taken only for 4 weeks, 6 weeks max for mild orals like M4OHN. Plus Milk Thistle, NAC, and KRALA are simple solutions.

HPTA however is complicated. In order to prevent atrophy I have to meticulously dose HCG while oncycle. I have to monitor my nuts in order to gauge whether to increase or lower dosages (decrease in size = increase dosage, swelling = lower the dosage). Post cycle the drugs to get LH back to normal are harsh as well: Nolvadex and Clomid. I hate these punks. They taste awful and they make me an emotional train wreck. I have to carefully act pretty much like a robot during PCT.
:goodpost:

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
Though it's not a concern for me, I'm surprised more people aren't talking about hair loss.

-kwantam

csly

Awards
Cellular Inflammation. Dr. Sears' Zone Life Style is based on controlling this.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Author L. Rea stated Liver damage.

joebiggie

joebiggie

Awards
I said HPTA function. I'm a young guy and somewhat popular with the ladies and I would really rather not experience having a floppy wiener my first time with a girl. I'd also rather not be on HRT for the rest of my life... that wouldn't be much fun, nor would it be very cheap. Next I suppose is cardiac health... although I cycle pretty repsonsibly and for short durations and even take RYR and niacin pretty much year round... I am pretty careful with all my cycles. In fact I guess I am kind of a puss compared to some of you guys who are all gung-ho with your cycles... when I am on cycle I am kind of nervous with every wierd thing that goes on with my body. If I get a small thing like a headache at work I wonder if its because of my cycle.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My main concerns are not present issues but what may happen to me in my old age, and the possability of some form of cancer:(

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
My main concerns are not present issues but what may happen to me in my old age, and the possability of some form of cancer:(
Cancer worries should be with long term use of orals in which case liver tumors can form. I can't think of anything else that may cause cancer. In fact, many AAS are used during cancer treatments...

acecombact1

Awards
i will say liver damage, and permanent HPTA shut down is what scares me the most.

Rx Lift

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Cardiovascular - horrid lipid profiles, left ventricular hypertrophy, cardiac growth.

Ever wonder why so many bodybuilders seem to die from a heart attack?

hethcliff

Awards
  • Established
Cardiovascular - horrid lipid profiles, left ventricular hypertrophy, cardiac growth.

Ever wonder why so many bodybuilders seem to die from a heart attack?

heart disease is the number one killer for men anyways, i believe....

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
yeah...ppl can control cardiovascular issues with AAS usage so long as they're thoughtful, careful, and dont' have genetics working against them.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah forgot to include hair loss in there but still it isn't a very serious health issue at least not as serious an issue as the ones listed. I do appreciate everyone's replies. Oh yeah I don't think I gave my vote but it was cardiovascular from the beginning. That to me seems to be the one major problem most aas users have to deal with somewhere down the line. I do believe with proper use you can minimalize the damages. Just the combo of anyone having high bp, horrible lipids, and possible heart growth scares me, not enough to keep me from doing them just enough though to take the proper precautions.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
yeah...ppl can control cardiovascular issues with AAS usage so long as they're thoughtful, careful, and dont' have genetics working against them.
Ppl can control all sides, but the heart-related ones a re the most risky IMHO. The liver recovers faster than worsened lipids for istance, when you stop the gear.
I believe that most amateur BBers do not check their health as often as they should and this increase all risks.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Yeah forgot to include hair loss in there but still it isn't a very serious health issue at least not as serious an issue as the ones listed.
Prostate hypertrophy and risk of prostate cancer are serious though, and DHT related like the hair loss ;)

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
If I can add my .02. I used aas heavily in the 80's for about 7 yrs. when I was in my 20's. I have taken every oral steroid known to man and 70% of all the injectables. We did not have all the knowledge back then that we do now. We never heard of pct like today. I used HCG on occasions. My point being my lack of knowledge caused me to stack multiply orals. As you know the worst thing you can do. On my last cycle I did have side effects and was bleeding from both ends. Had a bad odor coming from my body that no shower would get rid of. But now some 20 plus years later my health is still fine. Prostate,heart,liver and kidneys are excellent. These people that cry you are going to die from aas have no real world experience. I have been to the edge. I am not condoning the use, it is an individual decision. I will take HRT when the time comes.

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
Mot risks like Prostata and cardio are over-rated and hung on one-two medical cases which were reported to the medical world and couldn´t really be realted to AAS use,in fact,it´s more leikely to be a coincidence.

Of course there are liver-issues with orals ,but they occured at doses in the reseach-phase at 500mg Winstrol/day.Same with Corticosteroids.No need to be afraid of,but still it´s like the devil in disguise where it could improve so many lifes with forseen risks which are easily managed with todays knowledge and means.

I belive,after my life is f+ucked forever ´cause of a surgical mistake,and trying to get rid of my neurotic fear of taking drugs to make me feel better or amenable to get through my life with the energy I need to manage it,that the human body is made to be drugged up to whatever challenge it has to take,since we´ve lost our fur.

Plus-it´s hard to achieve good and do something not healthy.If something works and helps,it is good for you in the majority and in most cases,you´re better off with it than without,but you should only use something,if you really have to ,cause it takes a lot of time to manage all the sides and stay cool enough to really solve occuring problems and then achieve better than befor.

Oddly enough,I think most problems are psychologically,the fear of breaking the law,being differnt in your own decision than most others,really managing to get the right stuff in the right amount and synchronize it with your body and your lifestyle and managing the sides knowing them and their severity without freaking out and being really obective.

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
New number one concern...

Pink spunk... :blink:

lol.. okay not a joking matter.. but jeez.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wow bro, just read that thread and man that would scare me out of my damn mind. Lmao at the strawberries comment too. Bleeding ejaculation.....I wonder if I can edit my own poll. J/k. Sorry if that offends anybody.

Guido

Awards
why isnt federal prison a choice??? That's MY main concern.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Other

My main concern is depression. I know alot of you guys hate to see articles that read '17 yo teen takes his life after AAS use', but the only few times I've used PHs I was a wreck for months...seriously
Actually depression is probably what keeps me from using.

Guido

Awards
My main concern is depression. I know alot of you guys hate to see articles that read '17 yo teen takes his life after AAS use', but the only few times I've used PHs I was a wreck for months...seriously
Actually depression is probably what keeps me from using.
this is a very good point. The feeling of well being you get when using hormonal supplements is unparalleled. When off cycle, it SUCKS. Just try and keep busy and do all the things you enjoy and you can avoid any major fallouts.

aspirate

Awards
Oddly enough,I think most problems are psychologically,the fear of breaking the law,being differnt in your own decision than most others,really managing to get the right stuff in the right amount and synchronize it with your body and your lifestyle and managing the sides knowing them and their severity without freaking out and being really obective.
I have found this to be very true. This thread as whole is great and very insightful.

My vote would be LE.

Everything else can be mitigated with proper precautions and the good sense God gave you.

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
I have to agree with the cardiovascular voters here, mainly because its the biggest issue I have personally experienced problems with.

DrPhil

Awards
CVD. That is why I

a) do moderate cycles
b) preferable use aromatizing and injectable steroids
c) do cardio and watch my bodyfat
d) have a clean diet (although that hardly matters much)
e) do blood tests

Guido

Awards
CVD. That is why I

a) do moderate cycles
b) preferable use aromatizing and injectable steroids
c) do cardio and watch my bodyfat
d) have a clean diet (although that hardly matters much)
e) do blood tests
Valid points and you seem to have a good plan to watch yourself. I get routine blood work and chest xrays (to check for cardiomegaly and such), but day to day the biggest impact is all psychological. I've noticed that esp with DBol, I'm on cloud 9 all the time. I've never touched any recreational drugs so i cant compare it to like Ex or anything, but all i can say is that it affects the way i act, drive, interact with people, etc. It also shortens my fuse a lot, and even though I've only been in a handful of fights my entire life, i feel as if i can snap at the drop of a hat.

Shock133

Awards
HAIR! Because I just got off of a SD/Max LMG cycle and my hair is thinning like crazy. Damn it.

fkngchucknorris

Awards
my biggest concern is keeping my gains.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hair loss and bitch tits. i have a feeling my liver will still be kickin for awhile