My 1st cycle - feedback/opinions welcome

marrudainc

Awards
Thinking of running my first cycle, still learning and pretty new to all of this.

im 27 years old
6'0
205lbs
17% body fat

I've been lifting for about 2 1/2 years.

basically i want to add more muscle and size and if possible cut down some body fat in the process.

Im trying to put together my first stack and i was thinking of using these 2 products. I would love any opinion or input or even if you have personally used them and let me know results.

Olympus Labs: Sup3r-1 - Which is 1-andro
Alpha Gainz: DHEA Transdermal

along with these i would have proper post cycle, and cycle support products. but first I'm just trying to decide what main products to use to reach my goal

marrudainc

Awards
the reason for me picking those 2 products are because seeing how this would be my first cycle i just figured they both seem not nearly as harsh on the body as other options since 1-andro is non-methylated and also doesn't convert to estrogen.

so seeing how its not as harmful on liver, i would still use liver support, and proper PCT. just trying to see whats a best fit for my first run.

i would like to gain 10 pounds if possible while cutting some body fat down

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you mean lose actual body fat mass whilst adding lean mass, Id be doubtful.

If you mean increase muscle mass at a rate greater than fat (so your bodyfat % decreases), then Id say that is more likely.

The former is not impossible, just very unlikely (achieving it would be a low percentile).

marrudainc

Awards
If you mean lose actual body fat mass whilst adding lean mass, Id be doubtful.

If you mean increase muscle mass at a rate greater than fat (so your bodyfat % decreases), then Id say that is more likely.

The former is not impossible, just very unlikely (achieving it would be a low percentile).
yes sorry i wasn't clear, id like overall bf% to decrease.

but as far as those 2 supplements, do you think its a good stack??

i may actually go with the Olympus Labs DHEA TD it has a little more in it than Alpha Gainz

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As long as your doses as decent, diet and training good, those compounds should help you with your goal. 10lbs (lean) over 8 weeks would be pretty high-end IMO. If you walk away with 5lbs, say, a month or two after PCT, Id call it a win.

marrudainc

Awards
As long as your doses as decent, diet and training good, those compounds should help you with your goal. 10lbs (lean) over 8 weeks would be pretty high-end IMO. If you walk away with 5lbs, say, a month or two after PCT, Id call it a win.

I was thinking of doing a 5 week cycle which is one bottle of Sup3r-1, unless that wouldn't make sense? i can buy 2 bottle if 8 weeks is what is normal ran.

i was thinking of doing 220/330/330/330/330 for the Sup3r-1 && then 2 pumps of the DHEA daily for the entire cycle.

if i buy an extra bottle i can extend it 3 week at another 330mg a day

also would you recommend me a good On cycle product? i couldn't find the olympus labs cycle support anywhere.

honestly having a hard time finding all the products i need at 1 online store, looks like i will have to shop at multiple sites.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would get your body fat down first.
Thats a good idea.

Prime your body for the cycle growth by doing a cut before hand. 4-6 weeks at a decent deficit should do it. Then gradually reverse diet out into a good surplus. Your lean gains are likely to be much better by priming like this first.

Robert11

Awards
There’s no need to do pct with Andro-1 alone. As you noted it doesn’t convert to estrogen (or DHT for that matter) so it won’t shut you down.

the reason for me picking those 2 products are because seeing how this would be my first cycle i just figured they both seem not nearly as harsh on the body as other options since 1-andro is non-methylated and also doesn't convert to estrogen.

so seeing how its not as harmful on liver, i would still use liver support, and proper PCT. just trying to see whats a best fit for my first run.

marrudainc

Awards
okay i can do this. i can cut down fat the next 4 weeks and then begin my cycle.

sounds like i have a gameplay i just need to finalize what products to get for PCT & On cycle support.

&& also should the cycle be ran for 8 weeks then instead of 5? should i pick up the extra bottle?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There’s no need to do pct with Andro-1 alone. As you noted it doesn’t convert to estrogen (or DHT for that matter) so it won’t shut you down.
The DHEA will, though (innevitably convert to dht and estrogen).

marrudainc

Awards

thats what i thought, but on the olympus website, it did recommend still running the sup3r-pct product. I'm still new to PH's and all so i wasn't sure if i would be safe not running one. it said its good to have the test booster for post cycle

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
okay i can do this. i can cut down fat the next 4 weeks and then begin my cycle.

sounds like i have a gameplay i just need to finalize what products to get for PCT & On cycle support.

&& also should the cycle be ran for 8 weeks then instead of 5? should i pick up the extra bottle?
Id cut for 4 or so weeks, enough to gradually establish a decent deficit, then run your cycle for 8 weeks doing a reverse diet.

marrudainc

Awards

yes the olympus labs website did say DHEA would convert, but recommend stacking with the 1-andro to battle lethargy and libido

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yes the olympus labs website did say DHEA would convert, but recommend stacking with the 1-andro to battle lethargy and libido
Its a good combo.

Get precycle (and pre kcal deficit) bloods done. Trust me.

marrudainc

Awards
Its a good combo.

Get precycle (and pre kcal deficit) bloods done. Trust me.
ok will do! appreciate all the input.

so now I'm just trying to decide on a cycle support? now it says 1-andro isn't methylated in the liver, but i would still need some sort of cycle support for blood pressure?

i just want to make sure i buy al the proper items so my cycle and post cycle is ready to go when i am!

so far in my cart i have 2 bottle of Sup3r-1 && Sup3r DHEA

just waiting on if i need anything else.

marrudainc

Awards
for PCT i was looking at Purus Labs: Recycle, since i can't find the Olympus Labs PCT in stock

this one is good?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cycle like this, chances are youll be able to control any potential on-cycle sides with diet alone. If you really insist on extra insurance, get K1ngsguard.

marrudainc

Awards
Cycle like this, chances are youll be able to control any potential on-cycle sides with diet alone. If you really insist on extra insurance, get K1ngsguard.
okay order has been placed

enough Sup3r-1 for 8 week cycle ran like 220/220/330/330/330/330/330/330
Sup3r DHEA TD - 2 pumps a day for 8 weeks

K1ngsGuard - 1 bottle 180 capsules - 3 capsules a day for 8 weeks
Purus Labs: Recycle PCT

Robert11

Awards
Not enough to require any serious pct. over the counter Dhea is ubiquitous and taken by thousands of men. I’ve taken it off and on and never experienced any shutdown, breasts, etc.

marrudainc

Awards
Not enough to require any serious pct. over the counter Dhea is ubiquitous and taken by thousands of men. I’ve taken it off and on and never experienced any shutdown, breasts, etc.
i ended up buying Purus Labs: Recycle .. guess it won't do me any harm by taking it post cycle anyways.

and i only bought 1 bottle of K1ngsGuard so i will be running 1/2 the dose during cycle since i don't need as much support either.

now any other recommendations for when i begin my cycle? since i will be cutting 4 weeks before i start, i can go right into the cycle starting to increase my daily caloric intake right? eating heavy on carbs as i have been will be fine?

Robert11

Awards
thats what i thought, but on the olympus website, it did recommend still running the sup3r-pct product. I'm still new to PH's and all so i wasn't sure if i would be safe not running one. it said its good to have the test booster for post cycle
Sounds like marketing hype. Why would your test need a boost after Dhea and 1-andro? Your test levels should be relatively consistent.

marrudainc

Awards
also i read to rub the DHEA TD into my wrist? is that right?

just rub it into each wrist or should i stick 2 one? and is it better to do the DHEA upon wakening in the AM.. or right before working out?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Okay, to be clear I was just trying to point out that the topical DHEA products OP was considering (particularly the OL one) have generous doses, and thus tend to produce "decent" amounts of dht and possibly estrogen. Im not claiming these amounts are going to generally require an AI or SERM.

Robert11

Awards
Exogenous Dhea allows your body to produce normal levels of test/estrogen if they are low to begin with. That’s why it’s recommended for older men. It’s not going to give you any kind of boost requiring pct.

marrudainc

Awards
the sup3r-dhea does contain 3 other ingredients, maybe that is why they recommend a pct? could it be one of the other active ingredients in the product seeing how DHEA isn't the only thing in it

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
the sup3r-dhea does contain 3 other ingredients, maybe that is why they recommend a pct? could it be one of the other active ingredients in the product seeing how DHEA isn't the only thing in it
If anything, the 1andro could be suppressive. At least, moreso than the dhea/etc.

Get a hormone panel now, and do another 6 weeks into your cycle. Self-knowledge is indispensible.

marrudainc

Awards
If anything, the 1andro could be suppressive. At least, moreso than the dhea/etc.

Get a hormone panel now, and do another 6 weeks into your cycle. Self-knowledge is indispensible.
will do! will the bottles tell me when to dose the 1-andro and the dhea ? or will i have to research to find that?

wasn't sure if DHEA lotion would be put on when i wake up or better before gym or even before bed. ( also where to rub it on )

also wasn't sure if the 1-andro should be taken all dose together or separated throughout the day?

i also read its better to take the cycle support at a different time then taking the 1-andro so the ingredients don't conflict with one another

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Id dose the 1andro spread through the day with fatty foods. Dose the cycle support as per bottle, dont worry if it coincides with a 1andro dose.

Id apply the dhea after shower and/or before a workout, same time every day if possible. Rub it into shoulders/traps/upper pecs. After 10mins or so the risk of transferrence decreases significantly.

marrudainc

Awards
Id dose the 1andro spread through the day with fatty foods. Dose the cycle support as per bottle, dont worry if it coincides with a 1andro dose.

Id apply the dhea after shower and/or before a workout, same time every day if possible. Rub it into shoulders/traps/upper pecs. After 10mins or so the risk of transferrence decreases significantly.
ok awesome. you're a huge help! so now, after i workout, i usually sit in sauna and then shower. would that affect the dhea, if i start putting it on pre workout should i stop sauna for now and wait on showering until its had more time to absorb? and not sure why it said to put the pumps on my wrist lol knew that didnt sound right. i read that some people rub it on their abs/core section also

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ok awesome. you're a huge help! so now, after i workout, i usually sit in sauna and then shower. would that affect the dhea, if i start putting it on pre workout should i stop sauna for now and wait on showering until its had more time to absorb? and not sure why it said to put the pumps on my wrist lol knew that didnt sound right. i read that some people rub it on their abs/core section also
Youd probably be alright, but in order to minimise any second guessing and give yourself the best chance of success Id apply the dhea after sauna/shower.

At 17% bodyfat Id prefer shoulders/traps/upper pecs over "abs" for application sites. You want thin skin areas.

Chasingtails

Awards
Not to try to start an internet fight here, but I strongly believe that any effective dose of these compounds taken for an effective amount of time is going to require a serm pct. To be sure, millions of people safely supplement their naturally declining dhea levels with small doses of products purchased at wal mart etc. But when you take enough to make a difference in bodybuilding terms, symptoms of shutdown are likely. It only took me 8 days to get my nuts back up and running with clomid, so why not play it safe.

As Nac (or someone else said) pre and post cycle bloods are indispensable to know how these compounds affect YOU. Sure the other dude claims you don’t need a “serious” pct, and he may very well not have. But I know my balls atrophied significantly, my libido dropped, and my load size diminished completely at a high dose of andros. I was happy to have clomid when it came time to recover, and it’s cheap enough that it should really be a no brainer

Reactions: Nac

Robert11

Awards
Not to try to start an internet fight here, but I strongly believe that any effective dose of these compounds taken for an effective amount of time is going to require a serm pct. To be sure, millions of people safely supplement their naturally declining dhea levels with small doses of products purchased at wal mart etc. But when you take enough to make a difference in bodybuilding terms, symptoms of shutdown are likely. It only took me 8 days to get my nuts back up and running with clomid, so why not play it safe.

As Nac (or someone else said) pre and post cycle bloods are indispensable to know how these compounds affect YOU. Sure the other dude claims you don’t need a “serious” pct, and he may very well not have. But I know my balls atrophied significantly, my libido dropped, and my load size diminished completely at a high dose of andros. I was happy to have clomid when it came time to recover, and it’s cheap enough that it should really be a no brainer
Well I don’t know what dose of Dhea he is planning on taking but up to 200mg a day is not going to do much to raise test and estrogen levels enough to be suppressive. As far as 1-Andro, someone explain how this can be suppressive in any way. It converts to 1-test which does not convert to estrogen at all. So without elevated levels of estrogen (or a compound with affinity to estrogen receptors) there won’t be any shutdown. For Christ’s sake the mechanism behind clomid is to block estrogen receptors because it’s high in the first place to kick start the test production. If you want to take clomid on a cycle like this it will boost your test higher then it was naturally and potentially extend your cycle so to speak. But in no way is it necessary.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OP, cortisol rises during PCT. Address it with a cortisol control product: SNS REDUCE XT. Used by many on this forum with great results.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well I don’t know what dose of Dhea he is planning on taking but up to 200mg a day is not going to do much to raise test and estrogen levels enough to be suppressive. As far as 1-Andro, someone explain how this can be suppressive in any way. It converts to 1-test which does not convert to estrogen at all. So without elevated levels of estrogen (or a compound with affinity to estrogen receptors) there won’t be any shutdown. For Christ’s sake the mechanism behind clomid is to block estrogen receptors because it’s high in the first place to kick start the test production. If you want to take clomid on a cycle like this it will boost your test higher then it was naturally and potentially extend your cycle so to speak. But in no way is it necessary.
Are you assuming that only compounds which aromatise to be suppressive? What about AR affinity?

Chasingtails

Awards
Up to 200mgs a day also is going to do little to nothing for him in terms of building muscle, unless he’s older and already severely defincient in dhea. Even then, it would potentially restore him to more normal levels which are also not conducive to the goals of most people who use this forum. 300mgs a day for 8 weeks is going to more or less be necessary for any lasting effects.

And to clarify, in no way was I advocating the use of clomid on cycle because that would be a waste of money. It’s meant for pct

Like I said, I wasn’t trying to start a fight. You stated your view, and I stated mine. I think we can all agree that it would be better for the OP to have multiple viewpoints from which to decide his own outcome. That is, after all, the purpose of forums like this.

Chasingtails

Awards
Nac that’s what I was wondering. Winny, var, and, most similar to OPs chosen compounds, epiandro don’t aromatise but no one would claim they aren’t suppressive

Reactions: Nac
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nac that’s what I was wondering. Winny, var, and, most similar to OPs chosen compounds, epiandro don’t aromatise but no one would claim they aren’t suppressive
Yes, plus there is also the potential for these compounds to cause aromatisation "indirectly" (if 1andro/etc occupies ARs, what happens with at least some of the now-available testosterone in your blood?)

Chasingtails

Awards
Id imagine there will be a slight conversion to dht and e2. How much is anyone’s guess.

Robert11

Awards
Are you assuming that only compounds which aromatise to be suppressive? What about AR affinity?
No I mentioned receptor affinity above. But I don’t believe 1-Andro is though if you have reference to that I’d be interested in seeing it.

Edit, nevermind, misunderstood your point.

Robert11

Awards
And to clarify, in no way was I advocating the use of clomid on cycle because that would be a waste of money. It’s meant for pct
Yes I know that. My point was that it was unnecessary as a pct following this cycle however it would still give a test boost following the cycle if that was the objective.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
No I mentioned receptor affinity above. But I don’t believe 1-Andro is though if you have reference to that I’d be interested in seeing it.
You did, but I only read you mention ER, not AR.

Anyway, dont the metabolites of 1-andro have AR affinity? Im pretty sure they even have A:A ratings. Regardless, if no AR affinity is there (via metabolites), what is the anabolic use of 1-andro then? Ie how does it generate te gainz?

Robert11

Awards
Yes, plus there is also the potential for these compounds to cause aromatisation "indirectly" (if 1andro/etc occupies ARs, what happens with at least some of the now-available testosterone in your blood?)
Ok I see your point here. Not sure how much that is theory wrt to 1-Andro. I’ve yet to see any hard fast before/after test level tests even to get an anecdotal view which would be interesting.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok I see your point here. Not sure how much that is theory wrt to 1-Andro. I’ve yet to see any hard fast before/after test level tests even to get an anecdotal view which would be interesting.
Yeah, Im basing it largely on anecdote. Assuming at least some of the user reports are based on genuine compounds (and not laced/adulterated products), Ive seen an alarming amount of guys report high-e2 related sides whilst running non-armomatising compounds (SARMs particularly, but there are others).

Robert11

Awards
Yeah, Im basing it largely on anecdote. Assuming at least some of the user reports are based on genuine compounds (and not laced/adulterated products), Ive seen an alarming amount of guys report high-e2 related sides whilst running non-armomatising compounds (SARMs particularly, but there are others).
Ok good feedback then. But still would be interesting to see what a 1-Andro only cycle with typical dosing does to test and e2 levels with before and after blood tests.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok good feedback then. But still would be interesting to see what a 1-Andro only cycle with typical dosing does to test and e2 levels with before and after blood tests.
Yeah its a shame the Texas A&M study didnt run for 8wks and do basic hormonals.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Op, to achieve your goal of 10lbs lean mass imo you would need to look at a 1/4/epiandro stack run for 8 weeks at 330/330/700 - there are 2 logs on this stack in the cycle logs section currently (one is mine).

This stack would be suppressive and would need a serm for pct but is a mild first stack with minimal sides.

Imo if you are going to mess with your hormones at all you may as well get something worthwhile from it....

You wouldnt go to a hooker for a hug would you......

marrudainc

Awards
So you think

Sup3r-1 && Sup3r DHEA alone are to weak of a cycle?

I have a bottle of LG Superdrol.. lol 10mg pills, 90 count, my buddy said he bought a bunch a few years ago before the ban.

I could add 10mg of Superfrol a day to the stack for the last 4 weeks of the 8 week cycle

Or is doing something like that not recommended ?

Chasingtails

Awards
If it’s actually the OG superdrol, I’d stay away on your first run. 1 andro and dhea td are a great starter cycle, you just need to make sure you’re getting at least 300mg of each daily for 8 weeks

marrudainc

Awards
If it’s actually the OG superdrol, I’d stay away on your first run. 1 andro and dhea td are a great starter cycle, you just need to make sure you’re getting at least 300mg of each daily for 8 weeks
Okay I was thinking of doing 220/330/330/330/330/330/330/330 for the 1-andro I don't have enough to run 330mg a day for 8 full weeks so first week I was going to ease in at 220

And I think for the DHEA it said 200mg for my current weight a day, I should just dose higher than it says ?