Bloodwork after SD

tattoopierced1

Got my bloodwork back a full 7 weeks after my last SD cycle. PCT was 4 weeks long and this test was 3 weeks after PCT. My test was really low and my cholesterol was kinda shaddy even though I took RYR to help. Here are the levels:

Total Test: 270 (Normal range for 24-39 years old is 400-1080)
ALKP: 129 (Normal Range 25-100)
Total Cholesterol: 210 (normal range is below 200)
HDL: 37 (normal is above 40)
LDL: 158 (normal is below 130)
Triglyceride: 74 (normal is 0-149)

The only other things that were high or low were:
NEUT: 41.4 (normal is 42-75)
MONO: 11.8 (normal is 2-8)
EO: 4.9 (normal is 1-3)

The nurse mentioned wanting to put me on Androgel, but I told her I would rather not go that route due to having a newborn son (i would rather have injections....), but I have to talk to the Dr. to see what my options are. My questions is (and I hope Dr. D chimes in) is should I try some Vitrix before going on HRT or wait a bit longer to see if my levels come back closer to normal?

Last edited:

tattoopierced1

Forgot to add, I never had bloodwork done before hand (Bad me bad!) so I dont have base levels to go off of. My PCT consisted of Nolva 60/40/20/20 and Liver support (NAC and Milk Thistle, but my liver values were fine).

size

Awards
  • Established
If your sex drive is not suffering and you are willing to wait for your HRT consultation then I would use nothing. Otherwise, I see no issue with using some vitrix or other type of product.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
first, your lipids really arent that bad, so I would worry about those. Second I would not opt for hrt, your body will correct itself. Its way to early to worry about that. It take some people months to get there test levels back, I would definitley go the legal supp route before going to hrt.

tattoopierced1

size: So if I wait for the HRT consultation, the Dr. said that I would be on HRT, and then in 6 months they would test my blood again to see where my levels are at. At this point, if my test levels were back to normal would they discontinue use of HRT? Reason I ask, is I dont want to be on HRT for the rest of my life if I dont have to be...I assumed it would be a short 6 month thing as long as things went well by talking to the Dr.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i'd get the scrip written if he'll go 250mg/week, then keep it handy. recheck in 1-2 months and use the scrip if u need it. not all docs will prescribe that much test, so you may be able to save a trip later.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i'd get the scrip written if he'll go 250mg/week, then keep it handy. recheck in 1-2 months and use the scrip if u need it. not all docs will prescribe that much test, so you may be able to save a trip later.
good call

sikdogg

sikdogg

Hang'n & Bang'n
Awards
  • Established
size: So if I wait for the HRT consultation, the Dr. said that I would be on HRT, and then in 6 months they would test my blood again to see where my levels are at. At this point, if my test levels were back to normal would they discontinue use of HRT? Reason I ask, is I dont want to be on HRT for the rest of my life if I dont have to be...I assumed it would be a short 6 month thing as long as things went well by talking to the Dr.
Maybe i'm talking out of my ass but if you're on HRT, wouldn't you be on it for life?? ...because as long as you are adding exogenous test, how will you ever ever recover? In six months, your test levels will look good because of the HRT meds, but if you ever go off HRT then your levels will drop again until you recover fully.

Brennon

Awards
Yes, you are correct. HRT will supress you...possibly permanently. You also have to go through the battle of finding a good doctor that will not only prescribe the test, but also the HCG to prevent testicular atrophy, as well as one that will monitor E2 and prescribe arimidex accordingly.

All in all it's an enormous pain in the ass that you should only consider an option if you have to.

tattoopierced1

definatly something I'm going to have to read further into before making my decision.... I guess what I need to do is some google searches on HRT to see what other people experiences were with it, and if they were on it for a limited time and how their levels are now...

tattoopierced1

could possibly asking my dr. to just prescribe me HCG help get test levels back to normal quicker and be safer than testosterone by itself at low dosage as he is suggesting? Also how long and at what dosage would I run the HCG...remember, I cant double and triple doses, I'm talking to a Dr. here and highly doubt he'll prescribe me more than the amount needed to do the job...

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't go the vitrix route, it has chasted berry in it according to Dr. D, which causes even more test suppression. Monks used to take it to suppress test and therefore being easier to refrain from sex. :eek: I know I took it as a PCT for my SD and I didn't recover fully until after I got off the junk. I got 2 bottles left if you wanna buy em :)

dmxinc

Awards
I have read some recent threads about Fenugreek being successful. It's cheap, maybe give it a shot, most say they responded(noticed some effect) in about 5-7 days. Good luck

Here is a piece of Dr. D's thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dertynasty
it wasnt for only dr d lol. If you have imput please feel free to share

Dr. D-

I don't mind, since you don't seem to have PM's. I might actually change the Nolva to 40,20,20,10. Unless your cycle really suppressed you visibly (not the best indicator) but your cycle looks very mild. I've not used RXT for PCT but most everyone says it's good stuff with fast action. So it's up to you, but the LX sure wouln't hurt if you have some and the Fenugreek is a must no matter what you choose. I really doubt you need Nolva and RXT from this cycle though. After an SD 4 weeker I did, all I used for PCT was Fen/DHEA for a 4 week PCT...

3,4,5,6 pills on the fen (which is as long as it works, 4 wks max) and 100mg morning + 100mg more at noon DHEA. Works great for low suppression 4 wk or less cycles. So basically, Nolva or RXT would probably work comparably well.

I suggest, for a 4wk PCT:

wk1: 40mg Nolva, 25mg RXT, 3 fenugreek caps, DHEA 200mg
wk2: 40mg Nolva, 25mg RXT, 4 fenugreek caps, DHEA 200mg
wk4: 20mg Nolva, 50mg RXT, 5 fenugreek caps, DHEA 100mg
wk4: 20mg Nolva, 50mg RXT, 6 fenugreek caps, DHEA 100mg

You could take 50mg RXT all the way or ramp down instead of up, I am not sure what would work better, but some say ramp down. It wouldn't hurt to ramp up though, estro rebound is not a prob with RXT. The RYR seem to work best w/ 1200mg. If you are more heavily shutdown, start w/ 60mg on the Nolva instead of 40. The Nolva is highly variable from person to person and you may need a differend dose from the next guy.

Last edited:

tattoopierced1

i might have to try that out for a month to see if that works dmxinc. If tests dont come back more toward normal, then I'm thinking of asking to go the HCG route to try and leave the testosterone as a last resort.

QUICKRYDE

Awards
  • Established
How long did you do Superdrol cycle? I read you did a 4 weeks of pct but how long did you do the Superdrol cycle???

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
AT your age I would certainly think long and hard before going the route of HRT. I assume you have a lot of other results from your bloodtest? I would think you need to examine E2, SHBG, FSH and LH at a minimum to try to determine the cause of the low test. I would also get free or better yet bioavailable test checked. I sure hope you bounce back bro. I am on HRT and its cool but I am 43. I dont think I would have wanted to use it since 25.

Regarding the post earlier about getting a script for 250mg/wk injections there are few if any reputable docs that are going to give a dose that high for true HRT.

Brennon

Awards
could possibly asking my dr. to just prescribe me HCG help get test levels back to normal quicker and be safer than testosterone by itself at low dosage as he is suggesting? Also how long and at what dosage would I run the HCG...remember, I cant double and triple doses, I'm talking to a Dr. here and highly doubt he'll prescribe me more than the amount needed to do the job...
HCG in itself is suppressive just as test is...if you poke around at http://forum.mesomorphosis.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 you can find some very good information regarding HRT. That's the HRT forum that SWALE moderates. SWALE is the premier source for information and the leading endocrinologist in regards to testosterone replacement therapy. He also treats and prescribes ancillaries to people using AAS, to give you an idea of where he is coming from.

Brennon

Awards
AT your age I would certainly think long and hard before going the route of HRT. I assume you have a lot of other results from your bloodtest? I woulf think you need to examine E2, SHBG, FSH and LH at a minimum to try to determine the cause of the low test. I would also get free or better yet bioavailable test checked. I sure hope you bounce back bro. I am on HRT and its cool but I am 43. I dont think I would have wanted to use it since 25.

Regarding the post earlier about getting a script for 250mg/wk injections there are few if any reputable docs that are going to give a dose that high for true HRT.
I'm 19 and on HRT...and it's not really a fun thing. I've never heard of anyone using 250mg/wk of cypionate for HRT, but a good doctor will prescribe as much as needed to get into an optimal range. Some people rise to supraphysiological levels on 100 mg/wk while others will only see a modest increase.

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
tattoopierced, hope you get your levels back to normal. I haven't done a whole lot of research on hormone replacement therapy so I don't have any advice or suggestions but if it were me I would do everything I could to avoid it. Keep us updated. Good luck bro. BTW how is your libido, and do you feel suppressed?

tattoopierced1

I definatly dont want to be on HRT the rest of my life at this point in time. I guess I'll try the fenugreek suggestion with some DHEA and maybe some clomid in there to help stimulate LH and then get re-tested to see where I stand at. As long as I see an increase in test after that, then I'll keep it up for as long as I need to to get back to normal before looking much more into HRT, however, I am going to go over my options with my Dr. to see what he has to say.

captain chet

Awards
Damn man, i hope you get better. Just out of curiosity, how many pervious cycles have you run?

tattoopierced1

Damn man, i hope you get better. Just out of curiosity, how many pervious cycles have you run?
2 SD cycles (1 with M1,4ADD but that blood test came out fine) and 1 1Test/4AD Dermal cycle. All cycles were followed up with Nolva for PCT as well as any other things needed (i.e. liver supps, etc...)

So 3 cycles total.

tattoopierced1

After some reading, I think I am going to try the following, and then get re-tested to see if numbers improve:

wk1: 100mg Clomid,3 fenugreek caps, DHEA 200mg
wk2: 100mg Clomid,4 fenugreek caps, DHEA 200mg
wk4: 50mg Clomid, 5 fenugreek caps, DHEA 100mg
wk4: 50mg Clomid, 6 fenugreek caps, DHEA 100mg

Reason I went with Clomid over Nolva is the LH stimulation...i think i read somewhere on here that it was better at stimulating LH over Nolva....any suggestions or altercations to this?

I'm also thinking of adding some Trib. in there as well...any recommendations on the dose?

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Stay off the trib, and I personally prefer Nolva after SD over Clomid. I feel like I just bounce back 3x better off it and quicker. Also up the DHEA doseage to like 250mg the first couple of weeks. your body isn't shut down from the SD anymore, it's just not producing test. Needs a little jump start. Go around 250mg 200mg 150mg 100mg. Just my personal experience. I've also learned to run DHEA during SD cycles and you arent suppresed as much :)

tattoopierced1

Stay off the trib, and I personally prefer Nolva after SD over Clomid. I feel like I just bounce back 3x better off it and quicker. Also up the DHEA doseage to like 250mg the first couple of weeks. your body isn't shut down from the SD anymore, it's just not producing test. Needs a little jump start. Go around 250mg 200mg 150mg 100mg. Just my personal experience. I've also learned to run DHEA during SD cycles and you arent suppresed as much :)
What about the Fenugreek?

I also thought that Nolva didnt stimulate LH as well as Clomid...since this isnt technically PCT anymore, I am looking more toward stimulation of producing more test...would this assumption be correct in why I would go with Clomid over Nolva for this situation?

tanto

Awards
Got my bloodwork back a full 7 weeks after my last SD cycle. PCT was 4 weeks long and this test was 3 weeks after PCT. My test was really low and my cholesterol was kinda shaddy even though I took RYR to help. Here are the levels:

Total Test: 270 (Normal range for 24-39 years old is 400-1080)
ALKP: 129 (Normal Range 25-100)
Total Cholesterol: 210 (normal range is below 200)
HDL: 37 (normal is above 40)
LDL: 158 (normal is below 130)
Triglyceride: 74 (normal is 0-149)

The only other things that were high or low were:
NEUT: 41.4 (normal is 42-75)
MONO: 11.8 (normal is 2-8)
EO: 4.9 (normal is 1-3)

The nurse mentioned wanting to put me on Androgel, but I told her I would rather not go that route due to having a newborn son (i would rather have injections....), but I have to talk to the Dr. to see what my options are. My questions is (and I hope Dr. D chimes in) is should I try some Vitrix before going on HRT or wait a bit longer to see if my levels come back closer to normal?
Holy ****! This sounds pretty scary... First lemme say that I feel for ya bro and I hope you get your test up and running soon. And I know that in some cases were AAS were involved in prolonged suppression of the HTPA that long term clomid therapy (6months I think if memory is correct) was proven to bring test levels back to normal. I'm not saying it will take 6 months, however clomid has shown that it will over time bring up even the most chronically suppressed/damaged HTPA.

What was your SD dosing like? And what other cycles have you done if any (sorry I'm new here...), and if you have done other cycles how close to this last one were they? Also how do you feel libido wise? (just getting routine BW done or what). I've just started SD at 10mg a day and I was under the impression that it was not very suppressive. But I survived 30mg a day mt1 for 3wks so I guess this should be cake. Anyone else on this thread had similar experiences with being suppressed for a long time after a cycle? I think that it is concerning was is happening here and I wonder if we run this risk every time we cycle or if it is just the individual person vs the particular chemical or what.

tattoopierced1

Definatly dont have any sexual problems with getting aroused...but I dont "want" sex as much if that makes sense, where as before I would want to go at least once a day, now is down to a couple times per week. I ran SD at 30mg a day, which is what I did before and didnt have a "drop" in my sex drive afterwards...from what I've been reading, my low test is probably a combo of SD but the majority is work stress and stress from having a new addition to the family. I think if I go on the combo I listed above and work on the stress at home (the job stress isnt going anywhere) then that will hopefully yield the best results....

tattoopierced1

bump on the Fenugreek info...BOHICA can you chime in on this one?

tanto

Awards
Definatly dont have any sexual problems with getting aroused...but I dont "want" sex as much if that makes sense, where as before I would want to go at least once a day, now is down to a couple times per week. I ran SD at 30mg a day, which is what I did before and didnt have a "drop" in my sex drive afterwards...from what I've been reading, my low test is probably a combo of SD but the majority is work stress and stress from having a new addition to the family. I think if I go on the combo I listed above and work on the stress at home (the job stress isnt going anywhere) then that will hopefully yield the best results....
I'm not an expert, but I supect that stress and stuff is probably just really slowing your recovery. Plus the time of day has alot to do with it, in the morning is the highest time.

tattoopierced1

I'm not an expert, but I supect that stress and stuff is probably just really slowing your recovery. Plus the time of day has alot to do with it, in the morning is the highest time.
the bloodwork was done in the morning...6am to be exact. i cant go without food for long once I wake up, so I got in there xtra early..

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I don't think that's crazy low test for only 7 weeks out. I wouldn't go too high with the clomid, it'll make you feel shitty at high doses. I think Bobo posted a chart once that showed that test levels fluctuated, high right after PCT, then dropping down for a bit, before leveling off after a couple of months. Banish all thoughts of HRT, I wouldn't even think of that until I tested low after 6 months hormone free (that includes anti-e/aromatase).

tattoopierced1

thats kinda where I stand now. Went and picked up some Fenugreek, DHEA and have some Clomid ready to start tomorrow. I'm going to run this for a max. of 4 weeks and get retested. I have an appt. with my Dr. on Tuesday to discuss my options with him, but I am going to tell him that I am trying the herbal route first and want to schedule another bloodtest with more than just total test taken this time for 4 weeks from tomorrow. I'll be sure to keep everyone updated on progress and will post my bloodwork after I get it in 4 weeks to see how successful I was at this.

tattoopierced1

Tomorrow I will be starting the following:

Week 1:

DHEA: 250mg

Clomid: 100mg

Fenugreek: 3 caps (1830mg)

Week 2:

DHEA: 200mg

Clomid: 100mg

Fenugreek: 4 caps (2440mg)

Week 3:
DHEA: 150mg

Clomid: 50mg

Fenugreek: 5 caps (3050mg)

Week 4:

DHEA: 100mg

Clomid: 50/25mg

Fenugreek: 6 caps (3660mg)

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I was running about 2 grams of Fenugreek a day, which equals to like 4 caps I think. Also make sure you split your DHEA doses up during the day, and not to take them at night. Take your Fenugreek at night. DHEA messes with your melatonin production, so if you take it at night its harder to sleep, while Fenugreek doesn't mess with it. I have been reading up on DHEA, and will be running it around 500mg a day with SD next time I decide to use it.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I don't think that's crazy low test for only 7 weeks out. I wouldn't go too high with the clomid, it'll make you feel shitty at high doses. I think Bobo posted a chart once that showed that test levels fluctuated, high right after PCT, then dropping down for a bit, before leveling off after a couple of months. Banish all thoughts of HRT, I wouldn't even think of that until I tested low after 6 months hormone free (that includes anti-e/aromatase).
Agreed :goodpost:

HRT should NOT be a consideration yet. It takes me quite a while to rebound from cycles, up to 3 months or so. More than likely you'll be fine, your blood work loos about my mine was after my last cycle. Just take the fenugreek if you wish, ZMA, trib if you like, blah blah.

Keep your diet in check, eat some garlic, fiber, and fish oil and you'll even out just fine I think. :)

tattoopierced1

This is the only thing I'm worried about with DHEA, but hopefully the Clomid will help combat...this was pulled off of the meso forums as a reply from Swale:

"However, supplementing DHEA will not increase testosterone in adult males.

In fact, taking too much DHEA (more than 50mg per day) will actually lower Free Testosterone because supplemented DHEA converts to estrogen, which elevates SHBG, which binds more T and therefore causes "estrogen dominance"."

Rhyalus

Rhyalus

Awards
  • Established
I was running about 2 grams of Fenugreek a day, which equals to like 4 caps I think. Also make sure you split your DHEA doses up during the day, and not to take them at night. Take your Fenugreek at night. DHEA messes with your melatonin production, so if you take it at night its harder to sleep, while Fenugreek doesn't mess with it. I have been reading up on DHEA, and will be running it around 500mg a day with SD next time I decide to use it.
I have only heard of DHEA during PCT - why are you thinking of it during the cycle?

Regards,
R

Brennon

Awards
I was just about to say that.

Clomid will help and is often used in HRT to help someone get going again naturally. These are the tests you want done.

Total Testosterone
Bioavailable Testosterone (sometimes called “Free and Loosely Bound�)
Free Testosterone (if Bio T is not available)
SHBG
DHT
Estradiol (specify by the “Extraction Method� or “Ultra-Sensitive�, otherwise they'll give you the one done on females which does not work with males)
Total Estrogens
LH
FSH
Prolactin
Cortisol
Thyroid Panel (TSH, FT3, FT4)
CBC
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid Panel
Homocysteine
PSA (if over 40)

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Cuz I use it as kinda my buffer while on and off SD. That way it wont supress me as much while I'm on and make my PCT that much easier. Because its technically not an anti-e then I have no concern while using it during my cycle. I will then continue it for a week when I get off, then a week with that nolva and fenugreek, then a week of just dhea fen, then a week of just dhea then rest. That is how my PCT is normally set up and it worked wonders last time, once I got off the vitrix crap.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
That way it wont supress me as much while I'm on and make my PCT that much easier.
Have others experienced this? I guess I thought the SD would overwhelm any DHEA you were taking on cycle, and you'd still be equally suppressed. I mean, if the DHEA works while on, then why not also take fenugreek while on? Just a thought...

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I buffer stuff all the time too. Thats what a cycle is, more like a wave or a circle, not this black and white start and stop stuff people always do. Your plan looks smart to me, I'd bet it works just how you expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOHICA
I have been giving my next SD cycle alot of thought, and wanted to get some feedback from you. HEre is what I came up with. Gonna be a 3 week cycle with a 2 1/2 week PCT.

Weeks 1-3
Everyday:
20mg SD
500mg DHEA
2.4g Red Yeast Rice
50mg CoQ10
300mg Milk Thistle Extract

Week 4 - 1st week PCT
Everyday:
500mg DHEA
1g Fenugreek

First 4 days - of week 5
30mg Nolva - only thing that brought my libido back last time

Last 3 days and week 6
250mg DHEA
1g Fenugreek

Any suggestions? I need to use the nolva for my libido some reason, and it's only for four days.

Oh well, dude, the cycle looks great, but I would def drop the milk thistle on weeks 1-3 and add it to wk 4 and 5 only. Everything else looks very innovative and effective. What gave you the idea for this cycle?
I was thinking about trying to design a cycle including DHEA, since I don't feel that it is used enough my alot of people. I thought that that doseage during the SD would still help with some test production while not counteracting the SD role. I implemented the DHEA & Fen that first week of PCT because of how long SD's half life is. I didn't want to just right into my PCT and cancel out that final third weeks doses of SD. I figured the DHEA and Fen would kind of be a buffer week letting my body get into PCT mode but not as abrupt.

brogers

Awards
  • Established
I'm interested in how the people who said they are on HRT ended up on it. AAS use? Just low natural test?

And bro I've seen charts where it can take 12 weeks for Test to get all the way back to normal. LH will rebound fairly quick, but testosterone lags behind it a bit. Get your LH levels checked and see how they fair. Your test will most likeley be back to normal in a couple weeks man. No worries.

Brennon

Awards
In my case it was just genetic. Hypothalamus and Pituitary work fine...my testicles just don't want to do their job.

I'm interested in how the people who said they are on HRT ended up on it. AAS use? Just low natural test?

And bro I've seen charts where it can take 12 weeks for Test to get all the way back to normal. LH will rebound fairly quick, but testosterone lags behind it a bit. Get your LH levels checked and see how they fair. Your test will most likeley be back to normal in a couple weeks man. No worries.

tattoopierced1

Well, got my most recent test results back after taking the DHEA/Clomid/Fenugreek and here they are:

Total Test: 333
SHBG: 22
Test Free: 73.3
Test % F: 2.2
Estradiol: 18
Prolactin: 9.8
Cortisol: 28.4
FSH: 3.3
LH: 2.8

More test results will be in later next week as they had to send some off. Total test did rise a bit, but I am really starting to think that I had low test to begin with which would explain alot of things. Going in on Aug. 2nd to talk about my options for HST...going to see about cyp injects and HCG.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro,
what did you decide to do concerning possible HRT ??
how did the other tests turn out that were sent off?

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Have others experienced this? I guess I thought the SD would overwhelm any DHEA you were taking on cycle, and you'd still be equally suppressed. I mean, if the DHEA works while on, then why not also take fenugreek while on? Just a thought...
I'm not so sure about this: DHEA (transdermal of course) proved to raise testosterone levels. It could be used as a poor man's test in a cycle. i certainly would be interested in such trials. My plan is to use it AFTER a SHORT test cycle, though.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I'm using a transdermal DHEA/7-oxo Dhea blend for the second day during my pct. I'm getting a zero gravity type rollercoaster stomach feeling in my Abs from it. 200mg of each from 4 sprays a day. I guess that feeling is normal? Right?

tattoopierced1

Hey bro,
what did you decide to do concerning possible HRT ??
how did the other tests turn out that were sent off?
ended up doing 100mg of test cyp. injects every week. Had my 3rd shot yesterday (self administered) and am starting to feel a bit better (not so tired in the afternoon), so I'm sure after the 4th week I'll feel 100% back to normal again...I'm thinking I had low test to begin with before the SD and it just lowered to levels that made me feel like **** after a while....

i am also going back in in 2.5 months to get more bloodwork done and possibly start HCG in my cycle....my doc is really cool and opened minded.....

Poobah

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is pretty serious stuff....

When you say back to normal again.. are you saying fine like you felt prior to your cycle? Its just freaks me out your on HRT after a SD cycle.

You may have just had a hard time getting your balls back.. in which case you doctor may of been able to perscribe a batterie of hcg, and nolva treatment, in an attempt to revive the old sperm factory.

HRT is for life more or less.. I'd hate to see people start it unless it's their last alternative.

Glad your feeling better though. :)

tattoopierced1

I never felt like this prior to having a kid...I think from all the stress I've been having over the past year has greatly lowered what I believe was already in the low normal range in the first place...the SD just pushed it over the top. My doc is having me try the injects for 3 months then seeing where I stand....