Test prop pain and swelling

shanethomas

Awards
So I did my first 4 injections of test prop 100mg per ml. Did my quad and I couldn't bend my leg and walked with a limp for 4 days after. I switched to my delts and two days after the normal pip they both started swelling up. Swelling up bad like I have no separation between my delt and tricep/bicep. The swelling goes down with ib profen but after I move my shoulders working out a different muscle group the swelling and pain come right back. It's been 6-7 days after the injection and my shoulders are still swollen. No fever or edema just very irritated and painfully swollen. And it’s hot to the touch but isn’t red. Is this normal? How much longer will I have swelling issues?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Could be a whole bunch of things, dirty gear, allergic to something in the gear, moving the needle around too much( probably not the last if it's that bad ).

First time pinning?
First time with prop?
New source?
Everything sterile?

Tons of possible reasons

shanethomas

Awards
Could be a whole bunch of things, dirty gear, allergic to something in the gear, moving the needle around too much( probably not the last if it's that bad ).

First time pinning?
First time with prop?
New source?
Everything sterile?

Tons of possible reasons
First time pinning with prop and yes a new source. Alcohol swipe of the vial and the area I inject. Do you think this will get better or can I assume it’s dirty? Hurts in my thighs bad but doesn’t swell up at all and goes away after 3-4 days.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Lots of ppl can't do quads but delts are pretty easy and obviously glutes. I remember a few years back I had a issue with prop ( first time) and it went away after a few try but all in all I can't really say. Maybe some more experienced guys can help. Hold on I'll get a few in here

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Do you have steady hands? If you move the pin around enough that makes a huge difference in how bad the pip can be. Sounds like potentially dirty gear to me though. Also pin gluten over quads in my experience

shanethomas

Awards
Do you have steady hands? If you move the pin around enough that makes a huge difference in how bad the pip can be. Sounds like potentially dirty gear to me though. Also pin gluten over quads in my experience
I just did another pin in my glute. Hands are always steady. I can tolerate my quad but can’t handle my delta cuz the swelling lasts for a week. Swelling doesn’t necessarily mean infection right? That doesn’t happen to anyone else?

shanethomas

Awards
It sounds like a bad reaction to the oil used in your gear. Certain types of oil people don't tolerate well.

The other possible explanation is dirty gear. If it was an infection it would get worse over time. It goes away after some days correct?
Yea it gets better over time but very slowly. Doesn’t get worse and I don’t have a fever. I just don’t wanna die lol

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea it gets better over time but very slowly. Doesn’t get worse and I don’t have a fever. I just don’t wanna die lol
It sounds like a bad reaction to the oil honestly that's causing irritation. I've had it happen before to the whole area gets red and tender and sore after a few days it goes away. When that would happen I would get different gear that didn't give me those issues. Pretty sure it's the type of oil used in your test. Sometimes things like too much benzyl alcohol can cause it. Poor raws could be the other possible factor.

Check out this link. It gives the difference between irritation and infection and the causes.

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/157651-injection-site-pain-read.html

shanethomas

Awards
Thanks man I appreciate it. Sounds like my stuff was poorly made. Sucks cuz I paid premium prices

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You need to do one of two things:

1) get a new source. I've noticed that really good Test Prop quality doesn't hurt much more than cyp or enan. The first time I took test prop I experienced the exact same thing you are experiencing- swelling and crippling pain. Don't abuse the NSAIDs. That won't be good for your stomach or kidneys long term.

2) this is the best immediate option: buy some painless pumps. It's expensive but worth every penny, IME. Mix 1-2cc's of painless pumps with your prop. PP has glycoproteins that do a number of things, mainly triggering growth factors, reducing inflammation & triggering cell-to-cell communications. This third point is especially neat, in that all the benefits that test & the other glycoproteins would bring get shared with the surrounding cells, causing the entire region of musles to grow and heal together. The base compound of PP is synthetic synovial fluid, which is the stuff that supports your joints:

"Hyaluronic acid helps to make it thick for its function. Synovial fluid has two functions in the body, which are to lubricate the articular cartilage at the ends of the bones in the joint and to supply nutrients to the articular cartilage, or a thin layer of protective cartilage in the joints."

The PP option not only will reduce some of the unwanted inflammation via glycoproteins but also give you some out-of-this-world pumps, increase local nutrient partitioning & recovery and probably give you an inch or two in the legs/arms over the course of 6-12 months.

shanethomas

Awards
You need to do one of two things:

1) get a new source. I've noticed that really good Test Prop quality doesn't hurt much more than cyp or enan. The first time I took test prop I experienced the exact same thing you are experiencing- swelling and crippling pain. Don't abuse the NSAIDs. That won't be good for your stomach or kidneys long term.

2) this is the best immediate option: buy some painless pumps. It's expensive but worth every penny, IME. Mix 1-2cc's of painless pumps with your prop. PP has glycoproteins that do a number of things, mainly triggering growth factors, reducing inflammation & triggering cell-to-cell communications. This third point is especially neat, in that all the benefits that test & the other glycoproteins would bring get shared with the surrounding cells, causing the entire region of musles to grow and heal together. The base compound of PP is synthetic synovial fluid, which is the stuff that supports your joints:

"Hyaluronic acid helps to make it thick for its function. Synovial fluid has two functions in the body, which are to lubricate the articular cartilage at the ends of the bones in the joint and to supply nutrients to the articular cartilage, or a thin layer of protective cartilage in the joints."

The PP option not only will reduce some of the unwanted inflammation via glycoproteins but also give you some out-of-this-world pumps, increase local nutrient partitioning & recovery and probably give you an inch or two in the legs/arms over the course of 6-12 months.
Great advice man! Yesterday I ordered filtered cotton seed oil to cut the prop with. Can I find painless pumps online easily?

dillface02241

dillface02241

Awards
  • First Up Vote
delts were part of my pinning areas as well as quads. delts were always fine until one day i guess i hit something and it bled and i was sore for the next 4-5 days. I have pinnned delts before with no issues. After that one time, never again. you may have just hit a bad spot.

shanethomas

Awards
delts were part of my pinning areas as well as quads. delts were always fine until one day i guess i hit something and it bled and i was sore for the next 4-5 days. I have pinnned delts before with no issues. After that one time, never again. you may have just hit a bad spot.
I hit both delta and it’s day 6 for my right that is still a little swollen and hurts and day 4 since for my left which is still really swollen and sore. Very slowly getting better

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
it happen everytime I do a quad but glutes are a breeze

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I hit both delta and it’s day 6 for my right that is still a little swollen and hurts and day 4 since for my left which is still really swollen and sore. Very slowly getting better
This isn't related to hitting a vein. You are referring to a soreness that is triggering moderate amounts of inflammation due to the mix of compounds being off. I get this alot with Tren-A, except its allergic reactions that lead to Tren-cough rather than swelling.

shanethomas

Awards
For what it's worth I did my last injection in my glute and ran the barrel of the syringe under hot water for two minutes before. I have ZERO pain today or swelling. So I will just stay away from my delts