HCG dose help

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Coming up on week 5 of my Test E cycle and am going to start administering HCG sub q injections. I purchased slin pins for shots in the stomach but am having a hard time figuring out where to pull to. I've used a calculator to determine that on a regular needle I would pull back to .5ml to achieve the goal of 250iu but my slin pins show units instead of ML so I have no idea how to convert them. Anyone have any experience with this?

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
0.5 mL on the slin pins would be 50 units.

Are you sure you did your math right? Either you did your math wrong or you used way too much bac water. How many IU's is your vial and how much bac water did you use? 0.1 mL of bac water per 250 IU of hCG would have sufficed.

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
5000mcg should make 5cc If I am correct and 25 in a slin pin would be 250iu...

Bcuzimbatman

Awards

Are you sure you did your math right? Either you did your math wrong or you used way too much bac water. How many IU's is your vial and how much bac water did you use? 0.1 mL of bac water per 250 IU of hCG would have sufficed.
Well the vial with HCG powder is 5000 and the water is 10ml. When I mix the calc I used shows a .5ml pull

Bcuzimbatman

Awards

Haven't mixed yet so if that math is correct for a 5000 bottle of HCG I only need 2ml of water?

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
or you could use 5ml of bac water when you mix and you would only have to draw 25 in a slin to get your 250iu

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
Haven't mixed yet so if that math is correct for a 5000 bottle of HCG I only need 2ml of water?
Yes, that's correct. You can use more if you want, but it's completely unnecessary.