Olympus Uk Carderine

K

Karlos1977

Awards
Is the Olympus uk brand of Carder1ne safe for women to take....
My wife is looking for something to help a little with endurance and recomp fat loss.
Thanks.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cardarine isn't a SARM, despite being grouped in with them sometimes, it's a PPAR agonist. So she should not have any issues with androgenic side effects.

Masterzen

Masterzen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cardarine aint safe at all, and noone should be taking it imo.
There is a study showing it can cause cancer, and there is a reason they didnt brought it to the market, stopped researching etc.
And cardarine wont do anything for fat lose by itself btw.
Plenty of alternatives

K

Karlos1977

Awards
What alternative would you recommend. I have just looked in to sr9009. She works out 6 days a week including cardio and heavy lifting.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What alternative would you recommend. I have just looked in to sr9009. She works out 6 days a week including cardio and heavy lifting.
SR9009 has such a short half life that probably not worth it.

Cancer studies ehhh there's a lot of controversy with the study itself, but tbh I haven't looked into it enough to comment on that myself. That said, if you wanted to avoid GW but still want something similar, Sup3r-Shred (Artemisa Iwayomogi) is a natural PPAR-delta agonist with similar structure.

Supercellular

Supercellular

Awards
  • Established
Cardarine aint safe at all, and noone should be taking it imo.
There is a study showing it can cause cancer, and there is a reason they didnt brought it to the market, stopped researching etc.
And cardarine wont do anything for fat lose by itself btw.
Plenty of alternatives
Yeah, but is there any evidence of carcinogenic action at human equivalent doses?

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There’s loads of cardarine threads on here. Have a mooch around and make your own decision. Best way imo

Masterzen

Masterzen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even if there is only 1% chances for cancer, i wouldnt risk it.
Any honestly, there is a reason why they stopped the research and everything.

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even if there is only 1% chances for cancer, i wouldnt risk it.
Any honestly, there is a reason why they stopped the research and everything.
I'm not saying you are wrong to be careful. But just saying that high protein consumption rises cancer risk too. Not a big issue if you won't get any strong cancer causing influences.
But with GW we don't know if it's like protein or more dangerous. So everyone should weigh the risk themselves. I personally think it's not much and I think I get more risks from work with the occasional inhaling of strong chemicals vapors.

Masterzen

Masterzen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not saying you are wrong to be careful. But just saying that high protein consumption rises cancer risk too. Not a big issue if you won't get any strong cancer causing influences.
But with GW we don't know if it's like protein or more dangerous. So everyone should weigh the risk themselves. I personally think it's not much and I think I get more risks from work with the occasional inhaling of strong chemicals vapors.
GlaxoSmithKline invested milions of dollars into research of cardarine aka gw501516 and then abandoned it in phase 2 because it showed that the drug caused cancer to develop rapidly in several organs, at dosages of 3 mg/kg in mice and rats.
In 2013, WADA took the rare step of warning potential users of the compound of the possible health risks, stating that "clinical approval has not, and will not be given for this substance"; the New Scientist attributed the warning to the risks of the drug causing cancer. ( source: wiki ).

Now really comparing protein and drugs is like apple and oranges.
We dont know how dangerous it is, but if a company abandons the research after investing milions then u really dont need to know more.

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GlaxoSmithKline invested milions of dollars into research of cardarine aka gw501516 and then abandoned it in phase 2 because it showed that the drug caused cancer to develop rapidly in several organs, at dosages of 3 mg/kg in mice and rats.
In 2013, WADA took the rare step of warning potential users of the compound of the possible health risks, stating that "clinical approval has not, and will not be given for this substance"; the New Scientist attributed the warning to the risks of the drug causing cancer. ( source: wiki ).

Now really comparing protein and drugs is like apple and oranges.
We dont know how dangerous it is, but if a company abandons the research after investing milions then u really dont need to know more.
The study of 3mg/kg in rats shows that GW can accelerate cancer growth. Actually only certain conclusion from this would be not to use very high doses of GW for a long time if you have cancer.
There was a study where GW caused cancer but the dose was so high that a lot of supplements would just kill you at this dose (study used dose compared to generally used dose).
WADA didn't share their information about GW and in general WADA is more concerned about substances that give you a big performace aid (like GW) compared to dangerous drugs. WADA still doesn't ban tramadol for example.