acne only clears up when I am on cycle.. why?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
before my first cycle back in 2013 I didn't have acne issues. I ran a cycle of the prohormone Hdrol. after my PCT I broke out like a mother****er due to Estrogen rebound. ever since my back has been facing a battle with acne. Ive only ran non aromatizing compounds (Turinabol ). acne would clear up whenever I went on this cycles, weirdly. when I get off the acne comes back. its all on my upper back, shoulders, some on my chest and. jawline. it really sucks. what might be the reason behind this?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Subbed for info
I know the generic response will be "get blood work"

which Im planning on doing tomorrow. but just curious to hear what anyones thoughts are as to what the issue is and reasoning behind why it clears up ON cycle

Georgiepecker

Georgiepecker

Awards
  • Established
Hormones are a very complex thing and I dont have an answer for you. Have you tried cutting out dairy or gluten for a more permanent fix? It can’t hurt to try if it is really bothering you.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are so many variables. Is it possible during this time you are more stressed? Not washing your face as much? Not washing your sheets as often? Eating different foods? All of these are variables that are linked to acne.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, with H-Drol you would have suppressed DHT and estrogen because H-Drol does not convert to DHT and estrogen may have also been suppressed while on. That varies from person to person though bc some people metabolize it better/differently than others. That's the thing with pro-steroids - some people metabolize the hormone as intended into it's target hormone while others just seem to use the already active form of the steroid with only a very small % of the target hormone.

You might have gotten rebound in one or the other of those hormones. Probably estrogen related but don't discount DHT, or lack thereof, in your possible reasons.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Well, with H-Drol you would have suppressed DHT and estrogen because H-Drol does not convert to DHT and estrogen may have also been suppressed while on. That varies from person to person though bc some people metabolize it better/differently than others. That's the thing with pro-steroids - some people metabolize the hormone as intended into it's target hormone while others just seem to use the already active form of the steroid with only a very small % of the target hormone.

You might have gotten rebound in one or the other of those hormones. Probably estrogen related but don't discount DHT, or lack thereof, in your possible reasons.
getting bloodwork tomorrow. will update

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

Screen Shot 2017-11-01 at 7.42.23 AM.png

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Estrogen isn't bad but you could just have excessive DHT levels.

But honestly, a dramatic change in hormone levels is probably the most common reason for acne. It doesn't have to be high estrogen or high DHT. Generally, I notice acne when I get an elevation in any hormone, whether is it test, dht, estrogen or even excessive progesterone receptor activity.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I think the estrogen is kinda high, as compared to the total T.

since the acne clears up on the non-aromatizing compound (i.e. T-bol), I tend to think we pin-pointed the cause....

an easy test, would be to run an AI now and see how it affects your acne.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I think the estrogen is kinda high, as compared to the total T.

since the acne clears up on the non-aromatizing compound (i.e. T-bol), I tend to think we pin-pointed the cause....

an easy test, would be to run an AI now and see how it affects your acne.
I have aromasin. Any suggestion on how i should dose it?

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Estrogen isn't bad but you could just have excessive DHT levels.

But honestly, a dramatic change in hormone levels is probably the most common reason for acne. It doesn't have to be high estrogen or high DHT. Generally, I notice acne when I get an elevation in any hormone, whether is it test, dht, estrogen or even excessive progesterone receptor activity.

I dont think its dht because im feeling incredibly sluggish. Also not noticing any excess body hair or hair loss

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My body seems to react this way also. My estrogen was at 29 last bloods test at 1600.

Cruising now and zits came out on my back. On 200 test every 10thday not on my ai currently.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My body seems to react this way also. My estrogen was at 29 last bloods test at 1600.

Cruising now and zits came out on my back. On 200 test every 10thday not on my ai currently.
Again, I think its probably a sudden increase, albeit not a massive increase, in androgens and estrogens both. T-bol has very, very little androgenic activity and does not aromatize.

Androgens and estrogens both trigger an increase in acne-causing bacteria and also cause inflammation and oily skin as well, which contributes to acne production in the pores of the skin.

When you ran T-bol, you effectively killed both sources of hormonal acne. When you stopped, your body most likely had a rebound in oil production & Propionibacterium acnes just the same way it has a rebound in Test and estrogen production.

Here is a simple explanation of the causes:

https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/hormonal-acne#overview1

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I have aromasin. Any suggestion on how i should dose it?
maybe something like 12.5 mg EOD?

I get rather tired after aromasin, so I'd take it at night. if it doesn't help the acne, then I'd prolly stop it...

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

I get rather tired after aromasin, so I'd take it at night. if it doesn't help the acne, then I'd prolly stop it...
Im going to get one more blood test. With dht, sensetive E2, and prolactin included. Ill update you guys when i get the results. Thanks for he advice, all

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

im going to take 12.5 mg today. ill let u know how that goes

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established

when u take the Aromasin at night, do you have energy in the morning? or still feel drowsy?

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
when u take the Aromasin at night, do you have energy in the morning? or still feel drowsy?
no problems at night (or the ensuing morning). I don't really notice the drowsiness then, but when I made the switch, I look it at night. maybe an afternoon dose would cause drowsiness...

when I took it in the morning I was a zombie until about noon.... it was weird.

jiu jitsu

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
no problems at night (or the ensuing morning). I don't really notice the drowsiness then, but when I made the switch, I look it at night. maybe an afternoon dose would cause drowsiness...

when I took it in the morning I was a zombie until about noon.... it was weird.
Been taking 12.5 mg every night and definitley clearing up. Weird my e2 didnt even seem that high. Maybe i function better in the low 20s

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Been taking 12.5 mg every night and definitley clearing up. Weird my e2 didnt even seem that high. Maybe i function better in the low 20s
interesting.

I think the issue was that your E2 was kinda high compared to your total T...

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You had rebound bacteria growth that estrogen triggers. You went from zero estrogen to 30 in a matter of a few days. It's not the total amount as much as the sudden increase in sex hormones.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jbtwentytwo Anabolics 16
Trufitnessman2022 Anabolics 12
WesleyInman IronMag Labs 0
TravD77 Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11