Dieting on first test-e cycle

  1. Dieting on first test-e cycle


    I'm on week 2 of my 15 week Test-E cycle.
    Stats: 25yo 6ft 2in, 15%bf, 224lbs, strongman competitor

    I recently came off of a really slow cut I've been doing for almost a year with dieting and E/C to make weight for a show this month at 221 down from 277. I made weight but due to the hurricane am unable to do the show. I am now trying to gain some lean weight to compete in 231lbs by next April. I want to maximize this being lean weight because while on cycle I just want to gain strength and some weight not really looking to be bigger or get fatter. Currently my diet is like Leangains without the fasting. Which means:
    Training days 3300 cal
    200ish g pro
    400ish g carb
    80ish g fat

    Off days
    2300 cal
    200ish g pro
    130ish g carb
    120ish g fat

    How should I adjust this to hopefully drop BF and gain some weight but mainly strength in time for my meet in April?


  2. For me and with great success, I would eat around maintenance calories during the week and add in cardio and fat burners and then refeed on weekend with twice the carbs each day. You need to get into about a 250kcal deficit per day. Could easily be done with adding 30 min cardio plus EC or ECY stack 4-5 times per week.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    For me and with great success, I would eat around maintenance calories during the week and add in cardio and fat burners and then refeed on weekend with twice the carbs each day. You need to get into about a 250kcal deficit per day. Could easily be done with adding 30 min cardio plus EC or ECY stack 4-5 times per week.
    That actually sounds like a recomp but with a little more on the cutting side of things. I like it I might use it myself actually.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    That actually sounds like a recomp but with a little more on the cutting side of things. I like it I might use it myself actually.
    Well it was. In 4 months time I lost about 5-6lbs of weight but burned around 7-8lbs of fat.
  5. Dieting on first test-e cycle


    Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Well it was. In 4 months time I lost about 5-6lbs of weight but burned around 7-8lbs of fat.
    I'm curious what macros did you run? Like percentage wise. This is perfect for someone like me who hates to cut cause I don't want to lose size.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    I'm curious what macros did you run? Like percentage wise. This is perfect for someone like me who hates to cut cause I don't want to lose size.
    Started at around: 360P/300C/65F

    Weekend started around: 450C/300P/40F

    And tapered carbs down and held fats same esch week til I ended up with less than 125g carbs during week and as much as 350-450g carbs on weekend. Protein drops a little on weekends. The point here wan't so much about weight gain as it was recovery from the week. Trained full leg routine on M,W,F and did arms with chest, back and shoulders on T, Th, S. Off Sundays.

    It's hard. And yes, steroids are required for a routine like this but my legs and arms grew during the process despite getting down to a really, really lean version of myself. That routine took my from 11.5% down to about 8%. Had to go carbless and low fat to get the rest off. But here is what I looked like before I added winny, clen and carbless diet:

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  248.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. The bottom one is a few weeks later... Wrong pic, lol. That took more than the diet I just spelled out...

  8. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    The bottom one is a few weeks later... Wrong pic, lol. That took more than the diet I just spelled out...
    Damn looks good tho man. Must of been really tough trying to only have 125g of carbs while doing this hard of a routine. So you took off like 10g of carbs each week? I'm not into using AAS although I am using SARMS. I wonder if I could do this kind of routine with on point dieting. Did you have high intensity workouts? Or did you save yourself a bit because you knew you had to hit the same group of muscles 2 days later?

  9. I hit it pretty hard. Between 16-20 sets per leg routine and probably 3-5 of those sets were to failure, the rest were 1-2 reps shy of failure. Some stuff I did forced reps.

    When you eat right you'll find that you can train much harder and longer. I always had an intermission snack, which was 50g whey shake and a banana.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. On TRT - Opinions on first test-only cycle?
    By testnoob in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-06-2017, 02:04 PM
  2. Help on First Test Prop Cycle
    By tacohut49 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 12:54 PM
  3. Advice on first Test E cycle
    By abnt in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-04-2013, 03:51 AM
  4. First test. E cycle... advice on how to format
    By strongman_101 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 03:30 PM
  5. Diet on first cycle
    By bmore in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Log in
Log in