Dieting on first test-e cycle

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
I'm on week 2 of my 15 week Test-E cycle.
Stats: 25yo 6ft 2in, 15%bf, 224lbs, strongman competitor

I recently came off of a really slow cut I've been doing for almost a year with dieting and E/C to make weight for a show this month at 221 down from 277. I made weight but due to the hurricane am unable to do the show. I am now trying to gain some lean weight to compete in 231lbs by next April. I want to maximize this being lean weight because while on cycle I just want to gain strength and some weight not really looking to be bigger or get fatter. Currently my diet is like Leangains without the fasting. Which means:
Training days 3300 cal
200ish g pro
400ish g carb
80ish g fat

Off days
2300 cal
200ish g pro
130ish g carb
120ish g fat

How should I adjust this to hopefully drop BF and gain some weight but mainly strength in time for my meet in April?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For me and with great success, I would eat around maintenance calories during the week and add in cardio and fat burners and then refeed on weekend with twice the carbs each day. You need to get into about a 250kcal deficit per day. Could easily be done with adding 30 min cardio plus EC or ECY stack 4-5 times per week.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
For me and with great success, I would eat around maintenance calories during the week and add in cardio and fat burners and then refeed on weekend with twice the carbs each day. You need to get into about a 250kcal deficit per day. Could easily be done with adding 30 min cardio plus EC or ECY stack 4-5 times per week.
That actually sounds like a recomp but with a little more on the cutting side of things. I like it I might use it myself actually.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That actually sounds like a recomp but with a little more on the cutting side of things. I like it I might use it myself actually.
Well it was. In 4 months time I lost about 5-6lbs of weight but burned around 7-8lbs of fat.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Well it was. In 4 months time I lost about 5-6lbs of weight but burned around 7-8lbs of fat.
I'm curious what macros did you run? Like percentage wise. This is perfect for someone like me who hates to cut cause I don't want to lose size.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm curious what macros did you run? Like percentage wise. This is perfect for someone like me who hates to cut cause I don't want to lose size.
Started at around: 360P/300C/65F

Weekend started around: 450C/300P/40F

And tapered carbs down and held fats same esch week til I ended up with less than 125g carbs during week and as much as 350-450g carbs on weekend. Protein drops a little on weekends. The point here wan't so much about weight gain as it was recovery from the week. Trained full leg routine on M,W,F and did arms with chest, back and shoulders on T, Th, S. Off Sundays.

It's hard. And yes, steroids are required for a routine like this but my legs and arms grew during the process despite getting down to a really, really lean version of myself. That routine took my from 11.5% down to about 8%. Had to go carbless and low fat to get the rest off. But here is what I looked like before I added winny, clen and carbless diet:

image.jpg

Attachments

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The bottom one is a few weeks later... Wrong pic, lol. That took more than the diet I just spelled out...

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
The bottom one is a few weeks later... Wrong pic, lol. That took more than the diet I just spelled out...
Damn looks good tho man. Must of been really tough trying to only have 125g of carbs while doing this hard of a routine. So you took off like 10g of carbs each week? I'm not into using AAS although I am using SARMS. I wonder if I could do this kind of routine with on point dieting. Did you have high intensity workouts? Or did you save yourself a bit because you knew you had to hit the same group of muscles 2 days later?

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I hit it pretty hard. Between 16-20 sets per leg routine and probably 3-5 of those sets were to failure, the rest were 1-2 reps shy of failure. Some stuff I did forced reps.

When you eat right you'll find that you can train much harder and longer. I always had an intermission snack, which was 50g whey shake and a banana.