Blood pressure?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    No.

Dont just accept high BP on-cycle. And dont accept it just cos you didnt have any other symptoms.

If you plan on doing this sh1t longterm, as in many cycles over time, you need to be proactive with minimising high BP.
    i had 3 doctors tell me 144 blood pressure consistent wasn’t a probably based on how I was feeling / performing, and that is why I didn’t treat it.

The obvious best choice is to treat it and not have it so high. I didn’t do that though.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Georgiepecker View Post
    i had 3 doctors tell me 144 blood pressure consistent wasn’t a probably based on how I was feeling / performing, and that is why I didn’t treat it.

The obvious best choice is to treat it and not have it so high. I didn’t do that though.
    Yes.

Thing is, using AAS, we have to draw the line somewhere. We have to have some objective point where we go "ok this is unacceptable". Where that point is will depend on lots of factors. Personally, Im not too concerned if my systolic hits low-mid 140s...if my diastolic stays under 80. But thats because I know what my healthy base numbers are, and so I have a line beyond which I will find unacceptable.

Generally speaking I find most guys do absolutely jacksh1t for heart health. As in, diet, supps, meds, hydration. They pay it lip service but because its such a "quiet" thing (unless experiencing symptoms), it typically comes down to "she'll be right, bro".

Sorry to pounce on your post, but whenever I get the oppurtunity to encourage CV health I take it.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Nac View Post
    Yes.

Thing is, using AAS, we have to draw the line somewhere. We have to have some objective point where we go "ok this is unacceptable". Where that point is will depend on lots of factors. Personally, Im not too concerned if my systolic hits low-mid 140s...if my diastolic stays under 80. But thats because I know what my healthy base numbers are, and so I have a line beyond which I will find unacceptable.

Generally speaking I find most guys do absolutely jacksh1t for heart health. As in, diet, supps, meds, hydration. They pay it lip service but because its such a "quiet" thing (unless experiencing symptoms), it typically comes down to "she'll be right, bro".

Sorry to pounce on your post, but whenever I get the oppurtunity to encourage CV health I take it.
    I agree with you aswell.

4. Quote Originally Posted by mike33511 View Post
    Grow up, dude.
    Doesn't concern you.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Georgiepecker View Post

Bro.. I work in healthcare.. I worked in cardiology for a while as well.. wtf doc told you that.. especially being a weight lifter.. a pressure in the 140s and coupled with the strain of isolated elevations during training places any athlete at significant risk of cardiac remodeling.

Whatever docs were telling you that most likely just didn't want to deal with you.. which is pretty sad. You can never judge an arterial pressure off of how you feel.. ive seen patients with pulse pressures in the 80s, and 20s, total pressures of 200/160 with zero side effects.. hell, most don't feel anything from hypertension.. its not until compensation occurs via the contractility that you actually notice anything..and that is a later sign.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    Bro.. I work in healthcare.. I worked in cardiology for a while as well.. wtf doc told you that.. especially being a weight lifter.. a pressure in the 140s and coupled with the strain of isolated elevations during training places any athlete at significant risk of cardiac remodeling.

Whatever docs were telling you that most likely just didn't want to deal with you.. which is pretty sad. You can never judge an arterial pressure off of how you feel.. ive seen patients with pulse pressures in the 80s, and 20s, total pressures of 200/160 with zero side effects.. hell, most don't feel anything from hypertension.. its not until compensation occurs via the contractility that you actually notice anything..and that is a later sign.
    Yeah I even brought it up multiple time, and that coupled with a high fasted blood sugar as well. No significant response from them unfortunately, I know when I stop all supplementation I return to around 115/65 and that is on TRT even.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Blood Pressure- Silent Killer
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-17-2006, 04:06 AM
  2. Blood Pressure Probs
    By ironviking in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 07:44 AM
  3. Blood Pressure question
    By gorge in forum Anabolics