Help and Advice on my Next Move

IronHelix

IronHelix

Awards
Hey Everyone, I'm 36 years old, I currently weigh 185 lbs and 18.5% BF (according to handheld monitor). I've been active and serious lifting and training for close to 6 years now. Before then I was closer to 240 lbs and 30% BF.

In the past I have trained for a couple local Natty physique shows. I've been able to get down to 6-7%BF weighing in around 160 lbs and looking great.

I took a couple of years off to try and get bigger, I've put on some great muscle naturally - but I feel like I've reached my potential, and not much has changed the last couple years. In January this year I went on another cut thinking about doing a show. I didn't end up competing, but I did have a cruise lined up I wanted to be ready for. I got myself down to 170 lbs and about 9-10%, looked awesome for the cruise!!

Since then I've gone back to lifting and trying to build... When I increase calories, I pack on the weight super quick. From mid June to the end of Aug I went right back to 185 lbs. I eat clean and have good macros - I only treat myself once in a while, and then it's limited. But it seems that if I don't sprint my guts out for 20 minutes every morning and suck down fat burners, that I can't keep the layers from coming back... So now I'm willing to go to the next level to try some things.

I recently had my bloods taken, Test came back at 327... Which seems low for someone my age, eating good and exercising well. My Dr. Has offered Test Cyp at 100mg/wk, which from what I've read here is pretty low, so I'm trying to decide what to do - here is what I'm thinking -

I'd like to do 12 weeks of Test C at 500 mg/wk, with Arimidex and Letro on hand (I think I naturally have high E... Hence the fat that come back so easy) so maybe start right away with Arimidex 12.5mg EOD.

weeks 10-12 introduce HCG

Weeks 12-14, drop test, keep HCG and Arimidex, start Nolva/Clomid

weeks 14-16/18, drop HCG, keep Arimidex, Nolva, Clomid, and add in Natty T Booster...

Something like that still working out the particulars...

My question to all of you is, at my age and body stats, could I expect to be able to run this Oct I to January, and be able to get 'summer body ready' by May? Or should I focus on getting my BF down by Christmas, going on a cycle Jan - April, then cut into summer?

Please feel free to pick me apart, offer advice, whatever... It's all welcome, I just need some direction - I'm starting to feel lost, and all my efforts are going nowhere right now...

Thanks!!!

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
If you can, I would get your BF down before you cycle especially if you think you are prone to estrogen sides or aromatize at a high rate. When you had your bloods done, did you get your estrogen/e2 checked? Your cycle lay out looks fine and it seems like you have researched well and you know your body based on your ability to cut, gain, and do natty shows, and you are way more ready to cycle than most people who post "first cycle" threads on this site.

I assume you want to use the 12 weeks of test to lean bulk, if that is the case, I think you will be much more satisfied with the results and find it easier to deal with potential estrogen sides if you cut first and wait until dec/jan to start (if you can cut during the holidays lol). If you can start your cycle at ~10% BF you will make tons of progress with a 12 week cycle @500mg/wk especially if you gain easily natty, you could even run 16 weeks. If you go 16 weeks, I would use lower dose HCG on cycle as opposed to blasting it before PCT. Also, as a bonus the mini cut before starting your cycle will get your insulin sensitivity up and help the drugs do their thing when you start your cycle. You seem better prepared than most, if you have any more questions I'm sure the community here would be happy to help.

ZachH

ZachH

Banned
Awards
Above advice was solid. But your dosing for arimidex is waaaay off. You sure its not exemestane/aromasin you're referring to? Arimidex is usually 1mg pills and exem is usually 25 mg pills, where your 12.5mg reference would be half of an exemestane.

IronHelix

IronHelix

Awards
uprightrows

Thanks! Great advice - I do think I'll try to cut down first, see if I can get down before Thanksgiving and use the 'bulking' excuse... In the past I've cut on OTC Thermogenics type for a burner - any experience or advice on trying an ECA stack?

IronHelix

IronHelix

Awards
Above advice was solid. But your dosing for arimidex is waaaay off. You sure its not exemestane/aromasin you're referring to? Arimidex is usually 1mg pills and exem is usually 25 mg pills, where your 12.5mg reference would be half of an exemestane.
Yes - I apologize, I've been looking at them both and I meant Arimidex, but i put down the dose for Aromasine lol, thanks for that catch!! on paper I have it right haha...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could do a cutting cycle first, like Anavar (at 50-60mg/d) only -for a few weeks, with a 3 weeks clomid PCT, then jump on a bulking cycle.

:scool:

Hehe. :)

IronHelix

IronHelix

Awards
You could do a cutting cycle first, like Anavar (at 50-60mg/d) only -for a few weeks, with a 3 weeks clomid PCT, then jump on a bulking cycle.

:scool:

Hehe. :)
Thanks! I don't have any experience with Anavar or 'real PCT' like clomid - what could I expect from that? And what would be the approach/dose timing?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks! I don't have any experience with Anavar or 'real PCT' like clomid - what could I expect from that? And what would be the approach/dose timing?
Like with all AAS use, there is no official guide to it. Anavar is great for hardening up -and cutting.

Anavar 50mg/day (2x25mg) 50/50/50/50
PCT: Clomid 50/30/20
A good pre workout stimulant would be prudent, as Anavar may cause some lethargy.
Then jump on your cycle with test.

You could skip the PCT and jump right on Test for 8 weeks, maybe the better option.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Complete cycle 12 weeks:
Cutting:
Anavar 50mg/day (2x25mg) 50/50/50/50/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0
Lean bulk:
Test-c 500mg/w (2x225mg) 0/0/0/0/500 for 8 weeks
Adex:0.5mg/eod 0/0/0/0/0.5 for 8 weeks
Ancillaries:
Nac 600mg-1.2gr/d
Fish oil
Saw Palmetto
others...

PCT:
Clomid:50/50/30/20
Nolva: 40/20/20/20
Exemestane: 0/0/0/0/12.5mg (rebound suppression)

I never used HCG, its optional.

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
I have to disagree with the hairy old guy here lol. Not that it's bad advice, but I personally would run the ECA stack (which is great by the way, 2nd favorite fat burner for me behind T3, which you need to be on anabolics to use, and clen does not agree with me so I try not to use it) for a while and just cut without any anabolics. Don't get me wrong, I'm an anavar fan boy but if you wanted to use it I would incorporate into your main test cycle, possibly at the end to harden up and maybe a small strength boost. Keep your receptors fresh and stable, don't modulate your hormones going through an oral only cycle followed by a PCT before your main mass gaining cycle. Cut without any anabolics and ECA for a couple months and then focus on your test cycle.

IronHelix

IronHelix

Awards
I have to disagree with the hairy old guy here lol. Not that it's bad advice, but I personally would run the ECA stack (which is great by the way, 2nd favorite fat burner for me behind T3, which you need to be on anabolics to use, and clen does not agree with me so I try not to use it) for a while and just cut without any anabolics. Don't get me wrong, I'm an anavar fan boy but if you wanted to use it I would incorporate into your main test cycle, possibly at the end to harden up and maybe a small strength boost. Keep your receptors fresh and stable, don't modulate your hormones going through an oral only cycle followed by a PCT before your main mass gaining cycle. Cut without any anabolics and ECA for a couple months and then focus on your test cycle.
Very Awesome - Time for a lot more reading this week lol... Is there a good ECA out there? Should I include a Yohimbine?

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
Very Awesome - Time for a lot more reading this week lol... Is there a good ECA out there? Should I include a Yohimbine?
Yohimbine is fine if your heart is healthy and you don't get crazy anxiety from it, it acts on alpha as opposed to beta adrenergic receptors so it's a good compliment and combo especially if you do fasted cardio. Umm.. if you live in the US there's no "ECA stack" that is sold, you should just get bronkaid and take a baby asprin if you want. Or get ephedra/ephedrine the same way you get a SERM...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
See, everyone does it different :)

One could argue that test competes on receptor sites with anavar -hence : no test when anavar, as anavar is way more anabolic (learned that from Spurfy ) ;)

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
See, everyone does it different :)

One could argue that test competes on receptor sites with anavar -hence : no test when anavar, as anavar is way more anabolic (learned that from Spurfy ) ;)
Haha, yeah that guy is a piece of work (or something else for that matter). Real talk though, as a male you have soooo many androgen receptors in skeletal muscle that over saturation/site competition will never be an issue unless you are severely down-regulated (which should not happen in normal people) and on grams and grams of gear, and there is no way that 500mg of test and 50mg of var will occupy them all.

Reactions: Nac