Transdermal raw question

Erikeckert

Erikeckert

Awards
I am making my own trandermals using raw powder. Question is, can i only use base powders? Like tren base and test base and bold base? Or can i make a transdermal using tren ace and test e and other ester based powders? And what is the difference or reason behind using one and not the other?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As far as I know, ester adds to molecular weight and so will detrimentally impact absorption.

And, the virtue of TD is to improve the "halflife" (so to speak) of a compound that is otherwise rapidly eliminated from plasma...which is exactly what an ester attachment is intended to do (so same end-goal, just different ways of getting there). An acetate would probably be fine in a TD, but enanthate? I dont think it would be ideal.

Erikeckert

Erikeckert

Awards
So would a acetate be better than a base or should i stick to base compounds. I am just trying to get the most out of this besides pinning. (Wife will not allow)

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I havent compared acetate vs base TDs mg-for-mg through experience, but based solely on molecular weight and absorption I would assume base to be ideal. Acetate is only 50 daltons or so, so not huge, but Id think that every little bit counts when it comes to dermal applications.

Keep in mind this is a generalisation. Some compounds are better suited as acetates (I think Pat Arnold uses an acetate for his ursolic acid TD?). But, I dont think test/bold/etc are amongst these.

Erikeckert

Erikeckert

Awards
Yates any insight in this?

PRE

PRE

Board Sponsor
Awards
Stick to base^

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Depends on the compound. Short esters tend to dissolve easier in a td formula and can be dosed as little as once a day where base compounds tend to be harder to maintain in solution but hit a lot harder and faster but twice a day dosing is more favorable. Want a pwo? No ester? Want something to cruise on and keep blood levels stable? Both work just dose according. Main issue is molecular weight, under 300 mol is optimal but up to 500 mol will work. Anything larger will not penetrate the skin and everything over 300 mol will be less effective the bigger the molecule.

Reactions: Nac
Erikeckert

Erikeckert

Awards
Depends on the compound. Short esters tend to dissolve easier in a td formula and can be dosed as little as once a day where base compounds tend to be harder to maintain in solution but hit a lot harder and faster but twice a day dosing is more favorable. Want a pwo? No ester? Want something to cruise on and keep blood levels stable? Both work just dose according. Main issue is molecular weight, under 300 mol is optimal but up to 500 mol will work. Anything larger will not penetrate the skin and everything over 300 mol will be less effective the bigger the molecule.
#genius

Erikeckert

Erikeckert

Awards
So would a base raw powder be better than a ester based for a transdermal

PRE

PRE

Board Sponsor
Awards
So would a base raw powder be better than a ester based for a transdermal
Depending on what you want, are you looking for a pre workout "punch" or are you looking for something to keep blood plasma stable and even. If you're looking for the later, then use acetate ester or similar short ester

Base=quicker effects
Short ester=more stable release but not as quick (heavier the molecular weight, the less absorption through the skin)

Erikeckert

Erikeckert

Awards
Depending on what you want, are you looking for a pre workout "punch" or are you looking for something to keep blood plasma stable and even. If you're looking for the later, then use acetate ester or similar short ester

Base=quicker effects
Short ester=more stable release but not as quick (heavier the molecular weight, the less absorption through the skin)
Exactly what i needed to know

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Base=quicker effects
Yep, exactly. Appreciate the clarification ;)

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
so if you wanted a once per day application you could use tren ace and test prop?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so if you wanted a once per day application you could use tren ace and test prop?
Correct. I actually have a friend who does his own trt protocol with transdermal test, after trying base and prop ester he really prefers the test prop. He says once a day application keeps him stable and his bloodwork looks great.

Erikeckert

Erikeckert

Awards
Correct. I actually have a friend who does his own trt protocol with transdermal test, after trying base and prop ester he really prefers the test prop. He says once a day application keeps him stable and his bloodwork looks great.
Thats good info bro, thanks

Alistair_

Awards
Yates you ever try Methenolone Acetate TD or have a friend who has? I compounded it with Plo Jel but for some reason I got bad lethargy from it so I couldn't stay on it long enough to see results. I've never tried injectable primo so I can't compare.

Alistair_

Awards
I am making my own trandermals using raw powder. Question is, can i only use base powders? Like tren base and test base and bold base? Or can i make a transdermal using tren ace and test e and other ester based powders? And what is the difference or reason behind using one and not the other?[/QUOTE

Like others said, base and acetate will work as long as the molecular weight of the overall chemical isn't too high.
It also helps to micronize the powder with a mortar and pestle before mixing it with a carrier.

What compounds are you making into TD?

Alistair_

Awards
Test and tren. I do use a mortar and pestle before mixing with phlojel. Those seem to be really solid.
Sounds good, I would never use tren but if i did it would be TD first to see how I react. Easy to drop it quick if sides get bad and you can work your dose up more cautiously.

solidsnake

solidsnake

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What erike is on about is freaking sweet bro, I've done Td tren and test too and it rocks!

Erikeckert

Erikeckert

Awards
I really like td tren. Just gotta grind the crap out of it to get it to mix with phlo

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established