The pBOLD Pulse

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Hey prohormone warriors! The BEST way to take pBOLD is via pulse, according to our dear friend DSADE. He's one incredibly talented guy and the anti-inflamatory effects can build mass when massively pulsed two days a week. I just switched over to this protocol here is how I am taking it:

Tuesday - 200mg pBOLD (4 Tablets)
Friday - 200mg pBOLD (4 Tablets)

Taking this just before my workout and Matt theory is that it pulses the decrease in inflammation. Done chronically (all the time) this isn't great for mass building, but he found that pulsing twice a week should have profound effects on mass building along with helping me feel great!

Looking forward to seeing if his theory works. I do feel great on the stuff and that is something people just frankly fail to recognize.

PBold_Lipsome_Technology.png

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Waiting on my bottles to arrive. I've been really looking into the effects of the new progestins, and the interaction with several glucocorticoid and (paradoxically, according to bro-science) anabolic pathways - but only when used intermittently (NO more than twice per week.) The strength gains should be impressive, and we are seeing a lot of evidence of potent recruitment of satellite cells as well as triggering differentiation of myoblasts into mature muscle cells.

Unfortunately (and people will be tempted to use these daily, since habit is a hard driving force to overcome) daily use upregulates catabolic and atrophic pathways.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Waiting on my bottles to arrive. I've been really looking into the effects of the new progestins, and the interaction with several glucocorticoid and (paradoxically, according to bro-science) anabolic pathways - but only when used intermittently (NO more than twice per week.) The strength gains should be impressive, and we are seeing a lot of evidence of potent recruitment of satellite cells as well as triggering differentiation of myoblasts into mature muscle cells.

Unfortunately (and people will be tempted to use these daily, since habit is a hard driving force to overcome) daily use upregulates catabolic and atrophic pathways.
I doubt the 1-ene version nor the 5a reduced ones have any glucocorticoid activity but I bet the 1,4-diene does for sure.

pBOLD-Pulse.png

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keeping the key pathways under wraps for now, because copycats, but this whole new direction has me extremely excited. We're not only looking at potent strength increases, but with satellite cell recruitment and differentiation, we're looking at being able to pack some appreciable mass on veteran lifters, as well as increasing chondrocyte formation (think extremely joint preserving) for heavy lift-hounds like me (I didn't say old....ok old.)

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I am down and trying it now. Twice a week about 200mg each dose should be good? Also any timing issues other than that?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am down and trying it now. Twice a week about 200mg each dose should be good? Also any timing issues other than that?
You actually have to go to the gym. ;)

JulzRulz

JulzRulz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long can you take it this way?

Also, any need for on-cycle support and once this cycle is done do you go on PCT as usual?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long can you take it this way?

Also, any need for on-cycle support and once this cycle is done do you go on PCT as usual?
There shouldn't be any shutdown. The protocol study I read didn't go through extended durations, they maxed out at about 4 weeks.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I don't see a reason to come off. I am going to stay on this for quite a while!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For those looking for a deeper understanding, here's an eyeful....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3376019/

Notably, glucocorticoids induce atrophy by upregulating REDD-1 and, importantly Kruppel-Like Factor 15, which lead to a marked decrease in mTOR and an increase in amino acid mobilization for gluconeogensis. This causes muscle atrophy. Another side effect of excessive glucocorticoid activation is an upregulation of FOXO (and it's downstream target 4E-BP1, which prevents "excessive" fat burning, potential leading to the incredible fat gain noted).

Pulse dosing prevents blunting of IGF-1 induced mTOR activation and enhancement of anabolic pathways.

Am J Pathol. 2017 Aug 18. pii: S0002-9440(17)30529-1. doi: 10.1016/j.ajpath.2017.07.017. [Epub ahead of print]
Intermittent Glucocorticoid Dosing Improves Muscle Repair and Function in Mice with Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy.
Quattrocelli M1, Salamone IM1, Page P1, Warner JL1, Demonbreun AR1, McNally EM2.
Author information
Abstract
The muscular dystrophies are genetically diverse. Shared pathological features among muscular dystrophies include breakdown, or loss of muscle, and accompanying fibrotic replacement. Novel strategies are needed to enhance muscle repair and function and to slow this pathological remodeling. Glucocorticoid steroids, like prednisone, are known to delay loss of ambulation in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy but are accompanied by prominent adverse effects. However, less is known about the effects of steroid administration in other types of muscular dystrophies, including limb-girdle muscular dystrophies (LGMDs). LGMD 2B is caused by loss of dysferlin, a membrane repair protein, and LGMD 2C is caused by loss of the dystrophin-associated protein, γ-sarcoglycan. Herein, we assessed the efficacy of steroid dosing on sarcolemmal repair, muscle function, histopathology, and the regenerative capacity of primary muscle cells. We found that in murine models of LGMD 2B and 2C, daily prednisone dosing reduced muscle damage and fibroinflammatory infiltration. However, daily prednisone dosing also correlated with increased muscle adipogenesis and atrophic remodeling. Conversely, intermittent dosing of prednisone, provided once weekly, enhanced muscle repair and did not induce atrophy or adipogenesis, and was associated with improved muscle function. These data indicate that dosing frequency of glucocorticoid steroids affects muscle remodeling in non-Duchenne muscular dystrophies, suggesting a positive outcome associated with intermittent steroid dosing in LGMD 2B and 2C muscle.
Copyright © 2017 American Society for Investigative Pathology. Published by Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

J Clin Invest. 2017 Jun 1;127(6):2418-2432. doi: 10.1172/JCI91445. Epub 2017 May 8.
Intermittent glucocorticoid steroid dosing enhances muscle repair without eliciting muscle atrophy.
Quattrocelli M, Barefield DY, Warner JL, Vo AH, Hadhazy M, Earley JU, Demonbreun AR, McNally EM.
Abstract
Glucocorticoid steroids such as prednisone are prescribed for chronic muscle conditions such as Duchenne muscular dystrophy, where their use is associated with prolonged ambulation. The positive effects of chronic steroid treatment in muscular dystrophy are paradoxical because these steroids are also known to trigger muscle atrophy. Chronic steroid use usually involves once-daily dosing, although weekly dosing in children has been suggested for its reduced side effects on behavior. In this work, we tested steroid dosing in mice and found that a single pulse of glucocorticoid steroids improved sarcolemmal repair through increased expression of annexins A1 and A6, which mediate myofiber repair. This increased expression was dependent on glucocorticoid response elements upstream of annexins and was reinforced by the expression of forkhead box O1 (FOXO1). We compared weekly versus daily steroid treatment in mouse models of acute muscle injury and in muscular dystrophy and determined that both regimens provided comparable benefits in terms of annexin gene expression and muscle repair. However, daily dosing activated atrophic pathways, including F-box protein 32 (Fbxo32), which encodes atrogin-1. Conversely, weekly steroid treatment in mdx mice improved muscle function and histopathology and concomitantly induced the ergogenic transcription factor Krüppel-like factor 15 (Klf15) while decreasing Fbxo32. These findings suggest that intermittent, rather than daily, glucocorticoid steroid regimen promotes sarcolemmal repair and muscle recovery from injury while limiting atrophic remodeling.

PMID:
PMCID:
PMC5451235
DOI:
10.1172/JCI91445

Free PMC Article

Now, the studies suggest weekly dosing, but these are in children and muscular dystrophy patients. With the higher demands that we athletes place on these pathways, we are starting with twice a week dosing to initiate anabolic signals and prevent daily dose induced atrophic and adipogenic signals.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Ok, this is way over our heads, but basically the acute blunting of inflammatory pathways mentioned above seems to build muscle but chronic use can reduce muscle mass in some cases. Is this correct Matt?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, this is way over our heads, but basically the acute blunting of inflammatory pathways mentioned above seems to build muscle but chronic use can reduce muscle mass in some cases. Is this correct Matt?
Exactly.

Zanthor

Awards
Can pulsing pbold be run along side 1 andro and 4 andro? I cant see why there would be an issue, but this sounds legit!

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Yes sir. It's not an issue stacking it with anything.

Asteele08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So do you think it would be necessary to take something like ar1macare pro with this? Would there be any estrogen conversion with a twice weekly pulse? I ask because I'm 24 now and haven't used any PH yet, but would love to try to pulse this with ar1macare if it doesn't suppress. Was thinking maybe pBOLD, ar1macare and some test booster (ultimate T or alphamax)?

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
So do you think it would be necessary to take something like ar1macare pro with this? Would there be any estrogen conversion with a twice weekly pulse? I ask because I'm 24 now and haven't used any PH yet, but would love to try to pulse this with ar1macare if it doesn't suppress. Was thinking maybe pBOLD, ar1macare and some test booster (ultimate T or alphamax)?
No, this can't convert to estrogen at all, so it's not an issue IMHO.

Dragoninho

Awards
  • Established
I am doing pBOLD with M1D-Andro right now
So you run M1D ED then, yes?

Very interested in this. I'm starting to get a bit older and have a rheumatic disease which make me very prone to inflammation overuse issues.
I'm running low dose TD Dhea+pregnenolone and low dose ostarine on and off during the year with some sucess.
Thinking maybe try add pBold during those cycles and see if I can get some extra benefit from this.
What do you think?

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
So you run M1D ED then, yes?

Very interested in this. I'm starting to get a bit older and have a rheumatic disease which make me very prone to inflammation overuse issues.
I'm running low dose TD Dhea+pregnenolone and low dose ostarine on and off during the year with some sucess.
Thinking maybe try add pBold during those cycles and see if I can get some extra benefit from this.
What do you think?
Hell yes I do. I love 5-DHEA if it's paired with the right stuff. It's really amazing stuff.

Zanthor

Awards
Started my cycle pulsing the pbold 200 mg mon/thur and running 1andro and 4andro. Cant wait to see the results I get with this stack!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Just checking in gents. Very interesting thought and discussion here.

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
It's a great theory. Anti-inflamatories are good for us but used in the wrong fashion can reduce gains.

Pride89

Pride89

Awards
  • Established
Will it have any benefits i a cycle with a harsher/stronger Ph?

Beta

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for info. Never dabbled in hormonals but this looks very intriguing.

Zanthor

Awards
Still pretty early in, but i have noticed im sleeping better on all 3 compounds where as with the 1 and 4 my sleep generally sucks. Have also noticed better pumps and looking slightly more vascular than normal.

Zanthor

Awards
Ok gonna give an update on my cycle. Right now im running
1andro 330mg/day
4andro 330mg/day
Pbold 200mg mon/thur
Last night weighed in at 175lbs tonight i weighed in at 184 lbs. pretty drastic change in 24 hours so we’ll see if it stays.
Also i was thinking about tappering up the dose on pbold for example:
week 1-2 400mg/wk pbold (200mg twice)
Week 3-4 500mg/wk pbold (250mg twice)
Week 5-6 600mg/wk pbold (300mg twice)
That way my 1 bottle lasts 6 weeks where my 1 and 4 only last 4 weeks. Let me know your guys thoughts!

gnbbc

gnbbc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP any updates by using this protocol? dsade anything to report on your end, did you have the chance to try it?

210LBS

Awards
  • Established
Is there any difference between this compound and what is in Equibolin?

kev4me

kev4me

Awards
Question @ Eric and Dsade: what are your toughts on possible toxicity of boldenone in humans? Ppl state that its harsh on lipids and many guys even got weird side effects with that stuff - speaking of injected pure boldenone in doses between 400-600 mg.

kev4me

kev4me

Awards
Also found this study ( cant post links);
Impacts of dose and time of boldenone and stanazolol exposure in inflammatory markers, oxidative and nitrosative stress and histopathological changes in the rat testes

Google it, basicly it says that boldenone does "damage" to rat testes... i know theyre just rats but dont want anything that causes oxidative stress to my testes..

Can anyone with knowledge chime in here?!
Also what ph could i pulse like pbold instead that could grant similar results?

Thanks!:)

kev4me

kev4me

Awards

would the "17-pro andro" from lg also work with this sheme and yield same benefits?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also found this study ( cant post links);
Impacts of dose and time of boldenone and stanazolol exposure in inflammatory markers, oxidative and nitrosative stress and histopathological changes in the rat testes

Google it, basicly it says that boldenone does "damage" to rat testes... i know theyre just rats but dont want anything that causes oxidative stress to my testes..

Can anyone with knowledge chime in here?!
Also what ph could i pulse like pbold instead that could grant similar results?

Thanks!:)
There are a ton of compounds out there that prevent oxidative damage to the testes.

kev4me

kev4me

Awards
There are a ton of compounds out there that prevent oxidative damage to the testes.
yeah antioxidants i would think :p.... but a compound that does "extra" stress to the testes isnt that good i would think... and on wich pathways is my next question? im no native english speaker so sorry if i get things confused here... whats your opinion on pbold safety regarding this study - when pulsed like you mentioned!?

thanks!

edit: "all the treatment protocols used in this study induced deleterious effects on the testes..." from the study...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 9
Anabolics 3
PowerHouse555 Supplements 10
Todd boliek Supplements 4
Sdog77 Anabolics 3