RAD140 and retain muscle

Kolorado

Awards
I'm in the infantry, and in a few weeks I'm going to JRTC. Which is a suck fest of training for a week. But it's a week of in processing a week of training then a week of out processing. So about 3 weeks of possibly very little gym time.

So my question: if I take SARMS RAD140 while not working out as much will it help retain some mass? Strength? Since it was originally developed for retaining muscle mass in sick patients.
Or will it just be a waste of money and effort?

sespress

Awards
I wouldn't use a drug to increase or keep gains primarily because your not going to take full advantage of it. I just disagree on a financial and principle thing.

Now I know it was looked at that for research also, so I see how you could get there.

Listen if you train all the time this "break" isn't going to hold you back too much. Short term loss in size and weight aren't always muscle loss like your thinking. Glycogen, water retention, stuff line that will bounce your weight a lot pretty fast.

I'd be willing to bet if you train regularly and you charted everything: your way body fat percentage and all of that through this.... And then for the next month afterwards .... and averaged it out on a weekly basis, you wouldn't really notice much of a difference.

One of those 3 weeks is actual training anyways right? so really it's one week off one week of training and then one more week off. You'll be alright you don't need anything. Matter of fact depending on your routine and this program you might be ahead all Natty with the break.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Will it help? Yes, it will. It helped me through a period of very minimal training. Smart to use it just for that purpose? Nope.

With that being said, look at the 2 weeks (out of 3) as a "deload". If you time your nutrients and trainging properly after the little break, you can make some impressive gains when you start up again. Eating and supplementing to increase insulin sensitivity for when your training resumes is also something I would look into.

There's also no reason you can't do a lot of body weight training during that time period. If you normally train with heavy weights, a short period of time with body weight training where you do a lot of high-rep sets of pushups, pullups, dips and air squats can also be beneficial. Your body will enjoy the change of pace and you may activate some different muscles, or muscles in a different way.

You have nothing to worry about over such a short period of time.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Absolutely you can use it for this. Many sarms were built for this very thing. Prevent cachexia in sick patients, cancer, aids etc..

I would probably stick to low dose and I would use Ostarine. Its been through clinical trials for cachexia. I would go 5mg or 10mg for 3-4 weeks. No PCT would be needed for this short time. Suppression starts around week 4 with this small of a dose

Bunch of good studies out there for your reference:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24490605
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24189892

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely you can use it for this. Many sarms were built for this very thing. Prevent cachexia in sick patients, cancer, aids etc..

I would probably stick to low dose and I would use Ostarine. Its been through clinical trials for cachexia. I would go 5mg or 10mg for 3-4 weeks. No PCT would be needed for this short time. Suppression starts around week 4 with this small of a dose

Bunch of good studies out there for your reference:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24490605
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24189892
Certain SARMs were developed as a treatment for muscle wasting in the elderly, as well as accelerated muscle wasting brought on by various conditions, one being cancer cachexia. These types of accelerated muscle loss are as a result of a specific disease that either blocks the normal process of muscle repair or causes an inability to maintain body weight for other reasons or chronic conditions outside of normal health.

Taking a research chemical under normal health conditions to "stave off" muscle wasting over a period of 2-3 weeks is foolish. He will not lose any mature muscle tissue in that time period, assuming he is not bed-ridden and malnurished. Any mass lost during that time period will likely be storage of "excess" muscle glycogen.

The clinical trials for Ostarine were conducted with doses ranging from 0.1 to 3mg, and the 3mg dose showed varying degrees of suppression of various hormones. Using doses of almost double or more than triple that which were studied will surely lead to increased suppression. These same trials also showed a lowering of HDL (good cholesterol) at ALL doses ranging from 0.1 to 3mg. Liver strain was also noted by a change in measured liver values. Using Ostarine for 3-4 weeks is indeed less than the studied duration that showed the negative symptoms but the doses far exceed what was used in clinical trials. Some people will argue that low doses don't have a large impact on LH/FSH. Regardless of whether or not the suppression will be minimal or severe, why would anyone choose to suppress themselves, to any degree, and with a research chemical, to stave of muscle wasting that is NOT going to happen over a period of 2-3 weeks? This makes no sense at all. There are "natural" supplements that can be taken that will increase protein synthesis and at the same time not cause suppression of Testosterone levels or negatively impact lipid profiles.

Suppression caused by usage of exogenous androgens, or androgen 'mimetics', will begin to take place as soon as the negative feedback loop is initiated and downstream hormones are negatively affected. The degree of that suppression will depend on dose and duration of use. Saying that suppression will only begin to happen after or around 4 weeks is not accurate. Degree of suppression (below baseline) and ability to recover quickly are different topics.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ostarine

Rad-140

Reactions: Nac

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Certain SARMs were developed as a treatment for muscle wasting in the elderly, as well as accelerated muscle wasting brought on by various conditions, one being cancer cachexia. These types of accelerated muscle loss are as a result of a specific disease that either blocks the normal process of muscle repair or causes an inability to maintain body weight for other reasons or chronic conditions outside of normal health.

Taking a research chemical under normal health conditions to "stave off" muscle wasting over a period of 2-3 weeks is foolish. He will not lose any mature muscle tissue in that time period, assuming he is not bed-ridden and malnurished. Any mass lost during that time period will likely be storage of "excess" muscle glycogen.

The clinical trials for Ostarine were conducted with doses ranging from 0.1 to 3mg, and the 3mg dose showed varying degrees of suppression of various hormones. Using doses of almost double or more than triple that which were studied will surely lead to increased suppression. These same trials also showed a lowering of HDL (good cholesterol) at ALL doses ranging from 0.1 to 3mg. Liver strain was also noted by a change in measured liver values. Using Ostarine for 3-4 weeks is indeed less than the studied duration that showed the negative symptoms but the doses far exceed what was used in clinical trials. Some people will argue that low doses don't have a large impact on LH/FSH. Regardless of whether or not the suppression will be minimal or severe, why would anyone choose to suppress themselves, to any degree, and with a research chemical, to stave of muscle wasting that is NOT going to happen over a period of 2-3 weeks? This makes no sense at all. There are "natural" supplements that can be taken that will increase protein synthesis and at the same time not cause suppression of Testosterone levels or negatively impact lipid profiles.

Suppression caused by usage of exogenous androgens, or androgen 'mimetics', will begin to take place as soon as the negative feedback loop is initiated and downstream hormones are negatively affected. The degree of that suppression will depend on dose and duration of use. Saying that suppression will only begin to happen after or around 4 weeks is not accurate. Degree of suppression (below baseline) and ability to recover quickly are different topics.

-------------------------------------------------------

Ostarine

Rad-140
Well let the man decide for himself, whey protein and natural supplements or a sarm. 4 weeks at 5mg is extremely weak, . This is the anabolics forum right?

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Well let the man decide for himself, whey protein and natural supplements or a sarm. 4 weeks at 5mg is extremely weak, . This is the anabolics forum right?
People are always free to make their own decisions. He asked for opinions and we both gave our thoughts about using two particular anabolics for a set purpose.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Auction 1
2manyprojects Anabolics 7
Supplement Auction 6
Anabolics 19
Anabolics 3