Anyone Try Test 400 Sub Q?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
I've done plenty of cycles in the past, and actually got a script for hormone replacement now. It's test cypionate. I was thinking of trying to sub q inject test 400 at doses of a little less then .5ml three times a week.

My reason behind it is I'd like to have my test levels a lot higher and it would be a lot cheaper for me then the dr prescribed stuff.

Anyone tried?

Thoughts?

P

pureice739

Awards
Don't ever inject oils or any type of test sub q, you would be asking for an abscess. Get 1.5 or 2" needle and go almost all the way in with it. Glutes best im inject spot

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Subq is totally fine for oils, within certain limits (at 0.5ml you should be dandy). Its becoming quite a popular trt admin strategy.

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Subq is totally fine for oils, within certain limits (at 0.5ml you should be dandy). Its becoming quite a popular trt admin strategy.
does it cause it to release faster than IM?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah, slower so lower Cmax but also higher trough/less drop-off. I didnt think the comparative data vs IM was that compelling:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4721027/

...but anecdotally some guys reckon they experience less e2 conversion and can even switch favourably from 2x to once per week shots (Crisler and a few others recc subq to their patients). Also, subq is more user friendly and obviously no risk of muscular scar tissue (not to mention most guys have an abundant source of sites to inj).

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Don't ever inject oils or any type of test sub q, you would be asking for an abscess. Get 1.5 or 2" needle and go almost all the way in with it. Glutes best im inject spot
I am currently prescribed Test C and they tell you to do it Sub Q. It comes preloaded in 5/8" needles.....

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
that's why I'm thinking of doing test 400.....will get enough test in at .4-.5 ml 3x a week to get that good feeling I really want.

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
SubQ is great. It's very easy and convenient when you only need to inject 0.5mL or less. I've done it with test and even with trest ace. With test at 400mg/mL though, I'd be worried that the high concentration would cause more PIP when injecting subQ. You'll just have to try it and see.

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also agree sub-Q is awesome. I've worked my way up to 1mL worth of oil in my side handles (what's left of them)

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
I also agree sub-Q is awesome. I've worked my way up to 1mL worth of oil in my side handles (what's left of them)
Interesting. I haven't tried more than 0.5mL. If I could do up to 1mL, that would make it even better!

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. I haven't tried more than 0.5mL. If I could do up to 1mL, that would make it even better!
I just use a slin pin and stick it right into my side fat, I can never seem to pin in my stomach fat

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I just use a slin pin and stick it right into my side fat, I can never seem to pin in my stomach fat
what gauge needle?

I just started TRT, and am doing IM. but I'm kinda squeamish about IM shots, for whatever reason... the Sub Q HCG doesn't bother me, tho.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
SubQ is great. It's very easy and convenient when you only need to inject 0.5mL or less. I've done it with test and even with trest ace. With test at 400mg/mL though, I'd be worried that the high concentration would cause more PIP when injecting subQ. You'll just have to try it and see.
one thing I'm worried about is having a reaction with the mixing agent, I know the test cyp I currently inject is mixed with cottonseed oil.

I'm thinking about starting out with .3ml a week for a couple weeks and slowly move it up to .5ml I don't feel like I would need anymore than that doing it 3x a week.

M

mike33511

Awards
  • Established
one thing I'm worried about is having a reaction with the mixing agent, I know the test cyp I currently inject is mixed with cottonseed oil.

I'm thinking about starting out with .3ml a week for a couple weeks and slowly move it up to .5ml I don't feel like I would need anymore than that doing it 3x a week.
0.5mL 3x a week would be 600mg a week, so yeah, that would be plenty. Make sure you have a non-OTC AI on hand.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
0.5mL 3x a week would be 600mg a week, so yeah, that would be plenty. Make sure you have a non-OTC AI on hand.
I would probably grab some aromadex

I will be getting blood work done about every 6 weeks as well.

At what point do you believe that an AI would be needed? What what estrogen level?

C

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I would probably grab some aromadex

I will be getting blood work done about every 6 weeks as well.

At what point do you believe that an AI would be needed? What what estrogen level?
I've read several articles that have said healthy estradiol levels for men are generally between 20-30. however, that's with normal testosterone levels, and many guys have found that with higher test, they feel better with slightly higher E2, as well.

a general guideline for a starting dose of an AI would be something like .25 mg/A-dex E3D, or 6.25 mg/Aromasin EOD.

^however, your baseline bloodwork would help determine that, as well. and also if you're taking HCG.