Where do you guys prefer to get blood work done?

dud3

Awards
Wondering how you all get blood work. Do you all go through a doctor and what reason do you tell them for wanting to get it done? Also is there a specific test that covers the main categories like test/estrogen levels or are they all individual?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For me it's Private MD Labs and I don't need my doctor to order anything, I pay out of pocket and it's cheaper than insurance based bloods.

Private MD Labs Link to direct test
15% Discount Code for September 2017: Q24DFW

If you want to add on other tests, you will pay extra, but this covers what you've listed, and RBC, Hematocrit, Estradiol, Testosterone, etc.

dud3

Awards
When you select your lab and place the order do you just go to the lab on any day or time or how does the scheduling work?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me it's Private MD Labs and I don't need my doctor to order anything, I pay out of pocket and it's cheaper than insurance based bloods.

Private MD Labs Link to direct test
15% Discount Code for September 2017: Q24DFW

If you want to add on other tests, you will pay extra, but this covers what you've listed, and RBC, Hematocrit, Estradiol, Testosterone, etc.
The great thing about PMD is no one has access to your results but you!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When you select your lab and place the order do you just go to the lab on any day or time or how does the scheduling work?
Private MD Labs will link you right to Labcorp's web site after you select the nearest location to you and you can make an appointment. You don't need an appointment but I like to have one. I show up on time, and get taken right away.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bloodwork for Hormones should be done first thing in the morning. LabCorp opens at 8 AM and I'm usually there when the door unlocks.

dud3

Awards
Whys that? I know test levels peak in the morning but if you get a reading on the levels while peaked it could be a little misleading to what your true levels are for the rest of the day.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Whys that? I know test levels peak in the morning but if you get a reading on the levels while peaked it could be a little misleading to what your true levels are for the rest of the day.
Most published testosterone levels vs age are based on the "first thing in the morning test level". Several factors affect having bloodwork during the day so the morning is best. For example:
IMG_3698.jpg

zagsfan20

Awards
Its okay to purchase the female bloodwork test?

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes^ just specify that you're a male so it gives you the correct reference ranges