Pro hormones Age/HPTA/endo etc

David97

Awards
Sup guys,

So feel free to call me a dumbass here because I have no idea how this s**t works but you guys seem really knowledgable on the matter.

Basically I understand that young people e.g. Those under 21 shouldn't take PH because it can mess with your HPTA and endocrinological system (not sure about the last one) but what if I'm 20 and finished puberty should I still not touch PH?

Thanks for reading

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I would wait, but that is just me

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'd wait regardless of age; Wait till you've developed more and have more knowledge on the subject

David97

Awards
Could I get your opinon on sarms they seem to be the safer alternative

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Could I get your opinon on sarms they seem to be the safer alternative
Still suppressive and has the possibility of causing any other side effect you'd find with steroids or designer steroids

Bgproudfew

Bgproudfew

Awards
From what I've seen, I think the age/wait till your older deal stems from the vast majority of 18-20yo jumping on here after talking to their boy from high school who told them they got swole on x substance. With little knowledge of training/eating they want to throw some size on as fast as possible with the least amount of effort/time spent. This is the wrong approach to take and it's good advice to train, eat, and research. Fitness is a marathon not a sprint. It's a lifestyle change and the consequences of messing with your hormones can be severe. The sides are not worth being swole for 6 months which is what happens to the vast majority of 18-20 year old anabolics users. It's a phase for most and the uninformed decisions made during that phase can haunt you for years to come. Hormone imbalances can change your life and are nothing to play with. When I think back to all of the guys I knew when I was 20 that jumped on a cycle and got swole right after high school, only one is still in shape. the rest haven't been to a gym in years. 1 of them had a bad recovery that almost cost him his new marriage. I just ran my first cycle at 28 after training for 10 years and researching since my early 20s. I have studied the ins and outs of every aspect because training is a hobby of mine and I have a genuine and scientific interest in it. I can't tell you how glad I am that I waited until I was knowledgeable. Not just about the substances themselves but more importantly training and eating. It's not what anyone wants to hear but all the guys telling you to wait are guys that care and they are looking out for you.

Now, to answer your questions. Your endo system won't be affected more at 20 than it will be at 30. I wouldn't call you a dumba** as you stated. You took your first step in the learning process by asking informed personnel. However, hearing you say I don't know how this Sh*t works, is your answer to why most guys tell users under 21 to wait. Also, AG is exactly right. A 20yo is most likely not very developed and nowhere near genetic potential. As for SARMS. I am personally a fan. Some guys aren't. In my opinion they are NOT safer. They are milder. For example a .22 pistol is not safer than a .45, it is weaker.

David97

Awards
So first off thank you mate it genuinely does seem like your looking out for me and I appreciate that level of support, as for the training I see what your saying but this isnt just my hobby it's what I love I've been training for a year and six months and I know that doesn't sound like a lot but I'm not stopping anytime soon, as for diet I try to ensure I get 200g of protein a day and an absolute minimum of 150g.
Following your advice I'll probably wait but I even touch something like a prohormone but I just wanted to know what you meant by a sarm being milder and not safer would you say they cause the same amount of suppression etc? also from what i understand GW and MK677 cause no suppression right? because they dont work on test is that correct?

Again thanks man

Bgproudfew

Bgproudfew

Awards
Correct. Neither are actually sarms and neither cause suppression. Mk677 is a GH secretagogue and mimics gherlin. It's kind of like an oral GH. Gw/cardarine increases cardiovascular ability and from the results I've read doesn't do much for muscle building. Guys burn fat on it but I think that comes from increased cardio. To be honest from things I've read gw makes me nervous. I have not ran gw or mk677 but there are some good reviews on mk677. I am in no way recommending it though because as stated I have no experience running it.

Bgproudfew

Bgproudfew

Awards
but I just wanted to know what you meant by a sarm being milder and not safer would you say they cause the same amount of suppression etc?

Again thanks man
Missed this question. No they do not cause the same level of suppression as real gear. I'm not gonna go completely into the details and the differences in what it effects because I feel that you need that research time. What I meant by then being weaker and not safer is that the sides are weaker and the results are weaker. You don't get the level of complete shutdown with "most" sarms that you get with aas but you do still get heavy suppression. You do stil take that risk when you run sarms and each sarm is different from the next. Also there is the issue of such little testing and no true knowledge of long term effects.

David97

Awards
Thanks for the response, I've actually done quite a bit of research on sarms but there's just so much conflicting and contradicting information out there, the only thing I've read that I know for certain has no bias was the actual trials for them on a .gov website, I've been thinking of getting some ostarine because out of the sarms trials I read it seemed to be the least harmful I'm not sure if you've tried it but if you have what were your thoughts on it?

Bgproudfew

Bgproudfew

Awards
I haven't ran ostarine myself. But he advised, ostarine is suppressive and that has been confirmed by blood tests. there have also been rare gyno cases reported with ostarine. 99% who run it have very mild sides but you need to do your homework and be prepared to be that 1%

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the response, I've actually done quite a bit of research on sarms but there's just so much conflicting and contradicting information out there, the only thing I've read that I know for certain has no bias was the actual trials for them on a .gov website, I've been thinking of getting some ostarine because out of the sarms trials I read it seemed to be the least harmful I'm not sure if you've tried it but if you have what were your thoughts on it?
Ostra can completely shut you down, if not run correctly. I have run it, with no issues, but there are tons of people on here that have showed severe suppression on Ostra.

David97

Awards
That's a good philosophy to follow hope for the best prepare for the worst

David97

Awards
This is one of the things that I don't understand because there's just sooo much contradicting info about this online I've read things saying it can shut you down like an AAS but I've also read something claming I'd need to take 800mg to shut me down seriously, sarms seem to be so controversial online I've seen forums that hate them and forums that worship them anyway I'm getting off topic lol how do you run your ostra cycles if you don't mind me asking?

And thanks for your response

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
This is one of the things that I don't understand because there's just sooo much contradicting info about this online I've read things saying it can shut you down like an AAS but I've also read something claming I'd need to take 800mg to shut me down seriously, sarms seem to be so controversial online I've seen forums that hate them and forums that worship them anyway I'm getting off topic lol how do you run your ostra cycles if you don't mind me asking?

And thanks for your response
I ran Ostra at 25mg/day for 8 weeks along with S4 and GW. I run this between my cycles normally. I would also make sure you have atleast 2 weeks of a PCT for after your run.

David97

Awards
That sounds solid I'm thinking of running ostra at 25mg along with GW and MK677 because these two aren't suppressive I assume it'd be better for me and I'll definitely do at least 2 weeks probably 3 weeks of pct

Again thanks for the response brother

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My biggest issue with starting so early is that you basically ruin yourself too early. It is difficult to go back once you've started.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That sounds solid I'm thinking of running ostra at 25mg along with GW and MK677 because these two aren't suppressive I assume it'd be better for me and I'll definitely do at least 2 weeks probably 3 weeks of pct

Again thanks for the response brother
Love MK. I'm running it now. As I said before I would still wait. But, if you have your mind made up. You atleast have some information going forward. Don't know which MK your planning on running, but MA Labs has a great product in Somatozine and are a board sponsor, and PRE another board sponsor has some great products as well.

David97

Awards
My biggest issue with starting so early is that you basically ruin yourself too early. It is difficult to go back once you've started.
Even with something lighter like ostarine?