Should I start TRT "OR" try some 'natty supps. first?

batemantx

batemantx

Awards

G'Afternoon all,

It's been years since I've been on here, but I'd like to toss out a question to my peers here all the same. I'm a seasoned Vet. when it comes to AAS, but after abusing & not properly cycling for years, along with gaining a significant amount of weight due to not training as I should, and growing "fat & lazy," eating s&#! LOL, my T-levels are obviously not where they should be. *(Stats: 35 yrs. 5'6" 200+ lbs. been training since I was about 11-12 yrs. old, competed in various high-level sports, used to be in f*&%$@! NUTS shape, with ridiculous stamina & strength... 'the good ol' days, haha!'... haven't run anything in about five years or so.)*

Now I realize in advance, that simply changing up what I eat, and getting back into the gym are the most important factors period. However, in addition to making positive changes FIRST, I am reluctantly considering starting on TRT, "OR," ordering up and running some "T-raising" supplements, ie: Tribulus Terrestris, DHEA and possibly ZMA, etc.

Ergo, my two questions are as follows:

1. TRT or Supps. first? (I'm guessing I should at the very least try some 'natty T-booster supps., along with my diet & gym habits, as TRT will then be for life, etc.)

2. "IF" it is supps., what stack and products would you all suggest?

Thanks in advance for the input all, I look forward to it,
-Cheers as always

hanslifts

Awards
You need your bloods done first man. No need in guessing all this **** out... get some answers and attack appropriately.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

What did your doctor suggest?
I also can't tell from this post if you did bloodwork

batemantx

batemantx

Awards
Most def., meant to post this addendum,

--> my "Total-T" was pretty ****ing low, at least by conventional/my standards LMFAO! @ sub-300/250 ng/dL... F$#!

hanslifts

Awards
Most def., meant to post this addendum,

--> my "Total-T" was pretty ****ing low, at least by conventional/my standards LMFAO! @ sub-300/250 ng/dL... F$#!
Dayyum. I was at 250 when I started TRT back in May. My late June bloods had me at 640. I take more bloods on Saturday, which is around 14 weeks, I'll let you know how they look.

But I honestly don't think diet and exercise will do much man, especially since you've ran gear in the past. That was my case and I ultimately paid the price.

batemantx

batemantx

Awards
Dayyum. I was at 250 when I started TRT back in May. My late June bloods had me at 640. I take more bloods on Saturday, which is around 14 weeks, I'll let you know how they look.

But I honestly don't think diet and exercise will do much man, especially since you've ran gear in the past. That was my case and I ultimately paid the price.
For sure man, in the same boat, instead of cruising & bridging most of the time should have stayed smart!

Anywho, before I make a choice to plunge head first into TRT, any suggestions on some supps. I could pick up in the interim? Obviously not going to hurt at this point.

Thanks

hanslifts

Awards
For sure man, in the same boat, instead of cruising & bridging most of the time should have stayed smart!

Anywho, before I make a choice to plunge head first into TRT, any suggestions on some supps. I could pick up in the interim? Obviously not going to hurt at this point.

Thanks
Honestly I wouldn't take a damn thing until A) you are on TrT for a bit and get your levels stabilized, up to and including estro. B) Then, I wouldn't take anything until you've either discussed it with your doc or other members on TrT.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I think you should go on trt, because Natty T boosters really only help if have a deficiency in what ever your supplementing, and things like tribulus only give minor boosts, so in the long run try will be your best bet.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using AnabolicMinds mobile app

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

Judge it by you current quality of life, and consult your doctor regarding your choice.

If things are fine right now try to follow a lifestyle suited to bettering your health while testing a test-booster (I'd suggest trying KSM-66 as well)

Once you go to TRT there won't be any way of testing if a natural approach could have worked

If things are really dragging (hits everyone differently, my readings were lower than this before TRT) then teaming up with an endo is your best bet

batemantx

batemantx

Awards
Judge it by you current quality of life, and consult your doctor regarding your choice.

If things are fine right now try to follow a lifestyle suited to bettering your health while testing a test-booster (I'd suggest trying KSM-66 as well)

Once you go to TRT there won't be any way of testing if a natural approach could have worked

If things are really dragging (hits everyone differently, my readings were lower than this before TRT) then teaming up with an endo is your best bet
Right on man, appreciate.

Ashwagandha? What did it do for you chief?

Thanks

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Just one of the better natural examples with results in study, for someone out of range.
Plus for general health it's a hell of an adaptogen, it's popping up in a lot of products these days so you should have options if you want to try it out.

I get it from my multi now actually so convenient for me to take once daily

batemantx

batemantx

Awards
Just one of the better natural examples with results in study, for someone out of range.
Plus for general health it's a hell of an adaptogen, it's popping up in a lot of products these days so you should have options if you want to try it out.

I get it from my multi now actually so convenient for me to take once daily
What multi do you use by chance?

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
TRT is a huge commitment. Do you feel like ****? If your current state is tolerable I would do this:

Eat clean as ****(paleo) and drop as much weight as possible while taking:

Vitamin D
Boron
Magnesium
Ashwaghanda
Calcium citrate
Maca
Iodine

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
If you want to see clinical trails of all sorts of supps go to Examine they compile studies for every from vitamin c to dhea

Sent from my Moto E (4) using AnabolicMinds mobile app

batemantx

batemantx

Awards
TRT is a huge commitment. Do you feel like ****? If your current state is tolerable I would do this:

Eat clean as ****(paleo) and drop as much weight as possible while taking:

Vitamin D
Boron
Magnesium
Ashwaghanda
Calcium citrate
Maca
Iodine
Awesome man, thanks for the input.

I know I could use the 'google-machine' (LOL) to check these supps. out, but would you be willing to toss up a few breakdowns on the aforementioned list you gave me?

Thanks in advance, much appreciated.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, will do.

Do I simply google: "Examine," or is there another name for the site, etc?
Examine.com it's awesome they have researched pretty much everything besides PH's, sarms etc. They even have studies on weed lol

batemantx

batemantx

Awards
Examine.com it's awesome they have researched pretty much everything besides PH's, sarms etc. They even have studies on weed lol
Ahahaha, noooice!

Thanks man.

JLaudio1977

Awards
Not sure if I missed your age but that's always a factor. Like others said its a BIG step.
But low numbers and if are of age I'd just rock the TRT. A nice low dose to start.
I've recently switched to TRT myself at 40. Can't handle the toto affect anymore. Plus I don't rebound anymore like I use to. Just don't try and be a hero like some dudes starting at 250 mg. you will need that space for adjustments in the future. 150 a wk is a good start usually. By all means discuss this with your endocrinologist first.
Also DONT let them push their bull **** creams on u! Near impossible to dose accurately all the time. Plus it's not cool around women and children.
Hope this helps my man