Opinions on cutting/recomp while on test

Permabulk95

Awards
How beneficial is it to use a moderate dose of testosterone during caloric maintenance/deficit in order to preserve muscle mass? I do not consider myself a bodybuilder but I would like to become leaner while preserving my hard earned mass.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Extremely

Diet, training and rest can do much of the work, but Test would enhance whatever efforts you put in with those 3.

Dose matters. Experience matters. Have you used Test before?

Permabulk95

Awards
I have used stupid pro hormones and msten but never test. I am thinking of using low dose test p with ai to achieve fat loss goals

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have used stupid pro hormones and msten but never test. I am thinking of using low dose test p with ai to achieve fat loss goals
A first test cycle will provide great results, assuming you do things properly. No matter what your goal is.

However, if you're going to inject test I wouldn't go too low as to barely achieve natural levels. If you're going to give yourself exogenous testosterone at any dose, you're going to shut down your natural production. Don't waste it...75-100mg eod of Prop would be good. 75 being the minimum I would even consider. 100-125 eod would be great

Permabulk95

Awards
I was originally thinking around 50mg ed but I hear different things so I'm not so sure what to do

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was originally thinking around 50mg ed but I hear different things so I'm not so sure what to do
Find out for yourself man. Don't like ed? Go eod. With Prop you can adjust the dose easily until you dial it in where you want it.

Don't overthink it, but be prepared, protected, and find what works for you.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
First pinning cycle I would advice Test E or Cyp, but recomping or cutting on Test is awesome.

Permabulk95

Awards
First pinning cycle I would advice Test E or Cyp, but recomping or cutting on Test is awesome.
I've looked into that, I've already bought 25g needles and been practicing on myself In order to get used to pinning ed and I love it.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Your choice bro. You're going to like it.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well considering you look about 19-20 years old and well over 20% bf. You should probably stay away from running anything until your a bit older and lose alot more bf

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree w dma... 100-125 eod for 6-8 weeks great to get your feet wet. You have a good base w some decent size. If you clean up your diet and add cardio I think that would be a great recomp dose where you can lose some fat and gain some more muscle.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd much prefer a 50/50 match of 50mg test prop and 50mg mast prop m/w/f to preserve muscle as the mast will help with free test.

Permabulk95

Awards
am finally now on 150mg test e pw and getting leaner than i ever thought i would