SARMS vs Steroids

Mr.Perfection

Mr.Perfection

Awards
Yo, guys.

Just wondering what would be better for athletes that do a lot of running and jumping. I am a sprinter (60/100/200), though so leaning towards that direction with your answers would be appreciated. But in general I'm talking about rugby, soccer, football, athletics etc.

Whichever you recommend, please also recommend compounds and dosages and cycle planning etc. If you would be so kind.

Thabks in advance, guys.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You gotta do some research on your own. We ain't here to do it for you. Come back with a plan and we can give you advise on it.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well sarms aint gonna give you more muscles and recovery. I guess theres a limit to how much muscles you want for certain things and maybe backpumps can be annoying but that's during a cycle. I would say test is the king here.

Mr.Perfection

Mr.Perfection

Awards
You gotta do some research on your own. We ain't here to do it for you. Come back with a plan and we can give you advise on it.
The quesion is which would be better for me as this sort of athlete. I need the answer to make a plan for you to be able to advise on. Even if someone just said something in the lines of "SARMS generally are better suited for athletes and AAS for bodybuilders" it would have helped me make my decision
Then I could have gone and done research on which compounds and dosages and cycle lengths and whether to do the cycle pre/during season etc. After all of that I would maybe have a plan which I would post here for more opinions.

Mr.Perfection

Mr.Perfection

Awards
Well sarms aint gonna give you more muscles and recovery. I guess theres a limit to how much muscles you want for certain things and maybe backpumps can be annoying but that's during a cycle. I would say test is the king here.
Well, sprinting performance is more neural. And the training and meets are very strenuous. So, I would like to know which compounds woul help increase neural output, maybe also increase relative strength, and then of coarse healing/recovery etc.

Thanks for the help, though. ��

Mr.Perfection

Mr.Perfection

Awards
Also thought that. The problem is the water retention. Do you think I should try something like this - use creatine for all of it's training benefits then drop it 3-4 weeks before a meet to keep the bennefits, but lose the excess water? What do you think of that?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wut?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Off the top of my head and speaking veeery generally, Id say SARMs would be a "better" choice, simply because they come with less baggage (estrogen and dht, basically). That being said, depending on what your current goal is specifically and how far out you are from a meet, I could see arguments made for LGD, test, EQ, etc etc at various phases in your preperation and training.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, sprinting performance is more neural. And the training and meets are very strenuous. So, I would like to know which compounds woul help increase neural output, maybe also increase relative strength, and then of coarse healing/recovery etc.

Thanks for the help, though. ��
Eq easily the one that gives the most stamina but muscles I guess test would be great. You kinda wanna use eq with test though so you'll get all benefits

Mucci

Awards
Also thought that. The problem is the water retention. Do you think I should try something like this - use creatine for all of it's training benefits then drop it 3-4 weeks before a meet to keep the bennefits, but lose the excess water? What do you think of that?
I was joking tbh :p but you'll defo reap Some benefits from it. I wouldn't use SARMS/as for running except if you're at a high level

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
I would suggest in general, creatine, good diet and HGH !

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
I would use the cycle I already recommended for you on your initial thread.

it's hard for many people to make an argument for SARMs, since they're so little actual clinical data showing that they increase performance like androgens actually do.

estrogen and DHT can impart some positive performance benefits on their own, in addition to testosterone.

also, SARMs are a pretty easy flag for a PED test.....

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cardarine and rad140 would be a good fit for your goals. I would continue to do research.

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Semen extracted from the rare Arctic Donkey has been rumored to give you unbelievable athletic boost comparable to injecting 10 steroids in one go, don't research this as it is illegal, just go there and do it!

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally think injecting low dosages of test is best.

Ultimately it doesn't matter, what you'll focus on and research is dosages.
This is mostly a bodybuilding, strength lifting forum imo. The dosages for say sprinting and other track n field athletes are going to be different than what billy who wants to be the next mr olympia is going to use.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
cardarine would not be a good idea for a sprinter.
Cardarine would be very beneficial. Go look up the athletes who have been busted with this drug in their system over the years.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
Cardarine would be very beneficial. Go look up the athletes who have been busted with this drug in their system over the years.
it causes fast twitch fibers to convert to slow twitch fibers (allegedly).

no, it's not good for a sprinter.

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
it causes fast twitch fibers to convert to slow twitch fibers (allegedly).

no, it's not good for a sprinter.
That's not possible. A type 1 muscle fiber cannot change to a type 2, or the other way around.

CatSnake

Awards
  • Established
That's not possible. A type 1 muscle fiber cannot change to a type 2, or the other way around.
"Today, it is generally accepted that exercise training can promote changes within the population of fast-twitch fibers (i.e., type IIb to IIa) and to a lesser extent changes from fast- to slow-twitch fibers."

http://jap.physiology.org/content/97/5/1591

below is a study examining the effect of PPAR activation (by GW501516, i.e. Cardarine) and muscle fibers

http://escholarship.umassmed.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1138&context=pgfe_pp

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC509410/

^same study, but easier on the eyes.

https://www.outsideonline.com/1783586/it-possible-change-my-muscle-type

^article for the layman.

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
Type 2a-2b still remains type 2. The fiber type itself can't change. Am I wrong here?

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
Oops, im traveling and only saw the first quote you had written down. I'll check them out

JahCure

JahCure

Awards
you didn't read any of those links, did you?
I stand corrected, after reading the GW study you posted it appears fibers can change from type 1-2 and vice versa.

Thanks for the learning.

And to the OP, don't listen to my previous advice, don't use cardarine if your focusing on sprints.

Eight

Eight

Awards
Cool. I'll blame my less than amazing recent run times on this then. Which may even make some kind of sense since it was the muscles holding me back. :)

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cool. I'll blame my less than amazing recent run times on this then. Which may even make some kind of sense since it was the muscles holding me back. :)
You're just too swole brah!

netflixNchill

netflixNchill

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Honestly I've heard winstrol is the best for sprinters and fighters.

Not that I'm recommending you to anything illegal. This is all for informational purposes only

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about this, seriously.

Syntheselen (Injectable ATP) will offer more than any steroid on race/game day. I'm sure of it.

Combined with Trimetazidine @ 20-60mg day of race/game.

Might as well add creatine to the mix too.

Should knock seconds off your run, depending on how long it is. Or in the case of soccer, rugby, etc it should make recovery between bouts really easy.

Mr.Perfection

Mr.Perfection

Awards
How about this, seriously.

Syntheselen (Injectable ATP) will offer more than any steroid on race/game day. I'm sure of it.

Combined with Trimetazidine @ 20-60mg day of race/game.

Might as well add creatine to the mix too.

Should knock seconds off your run, depending on how long it is. Or in the case of soccer, rugby, etc it should make recovery between bouts really easy.
Thanks for the info. But the problem is I can't get a hold of that stuff. What do you think of L-Carnarine injections for my goals?

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you get injectable l car you should be able to get injectable atp or amp-5

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I'm an all around athlete, and have noticed two supplements incressed my endurance. The first was non-hormonal, basic epicat. It was not over the top, but it helped me push my MTB longer and harder. The second was Epiandro, that made a large difference. I was significantly stronger/faster on my bike and xfit style lifting.