Fresh labs. Possible low t.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
My total test is 443ng/dl. The range given is 250-827 so it is in range but I'm 19. My diets in check I've lost over 50lbs of fat and I weigh 230 currently. Should I do anything? Or am I fine?

Pinggolfee96

Awards
  • Established
ehhh I wouldn't worry unless it was significantly low. what time of day were you tested?? also, dieting can effect/ reduce your levels

bobi593

bobi593

Awards
  • Established
My total test is 443ng/dl. The range given is 250-827 so it is in range but I'm 19. My diets in check I've lost over 50lbs of fat and I weigh 230 currently. Should I do anything? Or am I fine?
Still cutting?

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
No. I ate normally for a whole week before the test, I was just taking a break from carb backloading

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
That mid range. Does your Dr want to run it again in a couple months?
Yes. I went in originally because I ran out of levothyroxine (88mcg) a week before the test my tsh was 4.36. the weird thing is he didn't test for t3 or 4 he made his decision soley upon the tsh alone. But tsh would be elevated if my body was trying to kickstart its own production of t3 or 4. But I had him check testosterone because when I was 16 and 280 lbs my total test was still about 400, and I thought maybe it would be closer to 500 because of the improved body compensation.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Nope. Insurance wouldn't cover E. I originally want to get free and total test, igf1, e, and a full lipid panel done but I'm balling on a budget.
Yes. I went in originally because I ran out of levothyroxine (88mcg) a week before the test my tsh was 4.36. the weird thing is he didn't test for t3 or 4 he made his decision soley upon the tsh alone. But tsh would be elevated if my body was trying to kickstart its own production of t3 or 4. But I had him check testosterone because when I was 16 and 280 lbs my total test was still about 400, and I thought maybe it would be closer to 500 because of the improved body compensation.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Bummer. Guess it comes down to your priorities and what your main concern is. I dont think TT is low, but difficult to get an accurate picture without context (e2, lh, fsh, etc).

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
Bummer. Guess it comes down to your priorities and what your main concern is. I dont think TT is low, but difficult to get an accurate picture without context (e2, lh, fsh, etc).
Yeah my physician didn't seem worried about it at all, but I have a friend who is a Dr and I'm sending him a copy of my labs to see what he thinks.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, two things come to mind.

1) how much BF is still on your body?

2) I've seen and read about this - systemically our male society is losing testosterone dramatically from decade to decade. Used to be, men averaged around 700-900 well into their twenties, now it's around 450-650 w/ 550-600 being what a typical men's clinic would expect to see. Lot's of reason for this - and it's just as much to do with your ego, opinion of self & activities that determine your longterm T levels. I blame gradual, runaway feminism which created the effiminate male. It's probably a complicated system that makes up your lifestyle that is delivering the unimpressive T results. Do more manly things, stop masturbating & get enough essential minerals to have healthy T levels. You know, stuff like magnesium, sodium, iron, zinc, copper, etc.

Sleep makes a difference too. You could realistically alter those levels enough naturally to where you were closer to 700, which still isn't ideal but well enough.

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure how much body fat I have. Allot of my skin is hanging and sagging, but I'd guess 18-25%

hambone2493

Awards
  • Established
I don't jerk off much, I average 7 hours of sleep, and I try to eat allot of veggies.

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Are you taking a ZMA product? And what about iron intake? Veggies kinda suck at providing optimal uptake of iron and zinc.

A good mag product in both citrate and glycinate forms would help. How is your gut health? The gut often times is like the second brain of the body. If that isn't ideal, you won't absorb nutrients properly and thus hormone panel will suck.